+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default HT surgeon advice please

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on here for some time now.

I think l have narrowed my search to 3 surgeons:
    Dr Erdogen
    Dr Dr K from turkey
    Dr Bhatti

All surgeons seem to have their advantages and disadvantages it would seem.

Dr K seems to be very thorough and well priced however there was a thread on another forum where he was controversially endorsed

Dr Bhatti is well priced but l have seen mixed results. I met with one of his reps who seemed honest and upfront

Dr Erdogen seems to get great looking results however there are some things that bother me. He is much more expensive than the other 2 Dr's. Plus l was quoted 5000 grafts for my hair loss. However the other 2 Dr's have suggested only 3000.

What was most disturbing was that when l spoke with Dr K and l mentioned l had been talking to Dr Erdogen he immediately said "5000 grafts right?" almost as if he knows that Asmed always quote 5000 grafts regardless of the patients hair loss.

I would appreciate any advice on these surgeons. I have also been watching with interest Dr Civas

Thanks in advance

Why are you not considering Dogonay?? I've seen some amazing results with his work. Erdogan wants to do 5,000 grafts FUE? That's extreme man.

To be honest l also considered Dr Dogonay, but again he got a bad rap on another forum from a former patient. I can't seem to find anything bad said about the other 3. 5000 seemed excessive to me, especially when the other guys have both said much less

Dr K seems to be very thorough and well priced however there was a thread on another forum where he was controversially endorsed
    There was no controversy to his endorsement. He simply decided to leave and made his departure public so there was no question about the reasons why he was no longer endorsed.

All three clinics you mentioned are very good and I know all three doctors personally. Dr. Erdogan has a beautiful clinic and it is a first class operation overall. Dr. K is more of a boutique clinic where he only has one patient per day and he does all of the FUE extractions himself in addition to the recipient site creation. Dr. Erdogan's clinic has four surgeries running each day with technicians performing the extractions and Dr. Erdogan making the recipient sites. Dr. Bhatti also performs all extractions and incision making.

If you haven't seen it yet there is a documentary series I shot highlighting what it is like to visit Istanbul as well as the journey into the city from the airport. You see the hotel provided by Dr. K and then his clinic, where I show an FUE surgery being performed. It is ongoing as I have more footage to edit and upload but its' a good start for you to get a feel what your visit to Istanbul will be like should you ever decide to visit.

Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

The only thing that worries me about Dr. Erdogan is he consistently quotes nearly double the amount of grafts than other doctors, this could be disastrous for young guys in the beginning stages of hairloss, his results are very good though, Dr. K seems ethical and I like that he does FUT, FUE and BHT.

Thumbs up

Thanks for your help fellas.

Joe in particular l looked at Dr K because of your doco that l watched. It was very informative.

I understand that anywhere l go has the potential for unsatisfactory results, and that is the risk l will be taking. I guess l am looking for a Dr who has performed many surgeries with more happy than unhappy patients.

Dr K and Dr Bhatti seem to be at the top as they sound much more conservative with their graft amount suggestion.

I am leaning towards Dr Bhatti as the travel will be a killer for me as l am from Australia and have a young family which l dont want to be away from too long.

But going to turkey is not a deal breaker.

I just want to give myself the best opportunity to get the most satisfactory outcome. No matter who l see.

Any further tips or advice is appreciated!

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Thanks for your help fellas.

Joe in particular l looked at Dr K because of your doco that l watched. It was very informative.

I understand that anywhere l go has the potential for unsatisfactory results, and that is the risk l will be taking. I guess l am looking for a Dr who has performed many surgeries with more happy than unhappy patients.

Dr K and Dr Bhatti seem to be at the top as they sound much more conservative with their graft amount suggestion.

I am leaning towards Dr Bhatti as the travel will be a killer for me as l am from Australia and have a young family which l dont want to be away from too long.

But going to turkey is not a deal breaker.

I just want to give myself the best opportunity to get the most satisfactory outcome. No matter who l see.

Any further tips or advice is appreciated!

Thanks again
    Hi Karch,

You certainly have a tough decision. I don't know the details but Istanbul is about five hours further away depending on your stopovers. Since you've already received recommendations from both it stands to reason you've asked a number of questions already so I' not sure what else I could provide. You can consider downloading my doctor interview form on my website and ask questions on there that you have not asked already, if you find them relevant. But take your time, look at their results and feel it out. There is no need to rush. While your hair may be leaving your head isn't and as long as you've taken precautions against further loss your pattern of loss most likely will not change so much to influence your assessment.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I've personally seen work from Dr. Karadeniz myself from a friend who went to him. I'm very impressed. He's an underrated doctor. I've only seen pics and videos of work from the other doctors you brought up so I don't mean to discredit them at all. I'm sure they are great but I can personally vouch for Dr. K. and his pricing is reasonable too.

I'm considering those surgeons + 2 others..
    I would be more than happy to read more comments on them.

who is Dr. K from Turkey?

Dr Erdogen and Dr Dogonay seem to be the biggest names/best in Turkey. anyone have any other recs besides those two?