+ Reply to Thread

Default no results from minox

Hey guys, i have been using minoxidil for about 3 months but it has done nothing but make my front hairline receding. Any suggestions what i should do. I am obviously going to continue but i have also been using propecia for a month now. My only concern is, how long does minoxidil usually take to show results? I have read the previous posts about propecia being a whole year process. But yes please let me know thank you

get on fin and ru plus the minox for another 3 months
    Quote Originally Posted by samjakins View Post
    Hey guys, i have been using minoxidil for about 3 months but it has done nothing but make my front hairline receding. Any suggestions what i should do. I am obviously going to continue but i have also been using propecia for a month now. My only concern is, how long does minoxidil usually take to show results? I have read the previous posts about propecia being a whole year process. But yes please let me know thank you

Keep going. Three months isn't enough and many people shed to begin with from that stuff before any regrows. The worst thing you can do is stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Keep going. Three months isn't enough and many people shed to begin with from that stuff before any regrows. The worst thing you can do is stop now.
    Agree with this.

Give the combination of fin and min a FULL year.

Hair takes ****ing ages to cycle.

I have been on it for a month of two and it has been giving me blues/depression. I try exercise daily to feel a bit better. Any suggestions?

Are you sure its the fin giving you depression? My suggestion would be to try to push through it unless its severe.

Quote Originally Posted by samjakins View Post
    I have been on it for a month of two and it has been giving me blues/depression. I try exercise daily to feel a bit better. Any suggestions?
    Depression is a known side effect of finasteride in some people. Whether the side effect will go away as your body adapts to the drug or not you can't tell yet. You could wait a few more months to see if there's any improvement.

Stick with it if you think the pros outweigh the cons, elsewise stop.

I would give Minox at least 6 more months. However, it will be difficult to differentiate the results you got from minox form the fin now. If you do not see that anything happens in 6 months I would recommend you to stop one of the two (minox or fin) to see what happens...

Well my question would be, are you following your progress with only the mirror, or are you actually taking pictures? Success could be very deceiving, if you are taking pics, same angle, same lighting, you can see your progress better. If you are not taking pics, it may appear like nothing is happening if you just look in the mirror. Regardless give it 6 months.