Proceed with caution #1. Robot FUE depletion with no growth.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arfy
    • Sep 2015

The donor area does look depleted to me, I think some of you are being fooled by the low contrast between white hair and pink scalp. But the main issue is that nothing compares to examining somebody in person, which only Dr Lindsay was able to do. If people want to take the position that 2 small photos are better criteria than an in-person examination, then lets have that discussion.

Also, if donor hair was harvested and didn't grow, that's wasted donor hair. Period. Do people really want to argue that? Because only complete rookies don't understand that wasting donor hair is a cardinal sin in HT. Forget about the politics of the goddamn robot, this patient had grafts taken, and got no yield. That cannot be condoned.

I really can't believe some of the comments in this thread.

Comment

• ejj
      • Dec 2010

I feel sorry for the guys who could `win` an artas procedure whilst it was in it`s infancy. I think at the time it used a 1.4 mm punch, the donor area must have been devastated.
      ej

Comment

• Sean
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ejj
        I feel sorry for the guys who could `win` an artas procedure whilst it was in it`s infancy. I think at the time it used a 1.4 mm punch, the donor area must have been devastated.
        ej
        Thats what is crazy. Entities would promote this then and even now, (or allow it to be promoted) when it is still in its infancy. Lots of folks had issues with yield and what not. What happens to the harmed folks? And it is going through an upgrade that allows for recipient site creation and etc, its in infancy, dont push it on vulnerable folks. Especially when you had fda recalls on some parts for it and etc. im glad things are being monitored and recorded.

Comment

Working...