+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low DHT??

Default Low DHT??

Hey guys, I just tested my DHT. It was 17ng/dL (reference range was 16-79ng/dL). This very much concerns me because that's pretty low DHT and I don't think my body could handle finasteride. Also, how am I losing hair at such low levels of DHT? I know genetic sensitivity plays a role but damn I thought my DHT would be higher since I'm 19 and a NW 2.5/3

I have a lot of facial hair/back hair/chest hair..... I just don't get this result

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    Hey guys, I just tested my DHT. It was 17ng/dL (reference range was 16-79ng/dL). This very much concerns me because that's pretty low DHT and I don't think my body could handle finasteride. Also, how am I losing hair at such low levels of DHT? I know genetic sensitivity plays a role but damn I thought my DHT would be higher since I'm 19 and a NW 2.5/3

I have a lot of facial hair/back hair/chest hair..... I just don't get this result
    People that assume DHT blood serum levels are the only factor.. and this has been shown time and time again to be dead wrong. I obliterated my serum DHT, even lower than yours, and that only sped up my MPB. There are other factors involved, one of which is your abundance of androgen receptors on the follicle cells and your sensitivity to them. I would still consider fin, it just my be the push you need. Or RU58841. Fin didn't work for me, so I am trying dut and RU. RU is a topical that's absorber through the scalp dermis. The theory is, there is very little systemic absorption. It acts on the AR receptors directly, binding to them, so DHT cannot. A lot of people praise this method. Read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    People that assume DHT blood serum levels are the only factor.. and this has been shown time and time again to be dead wrong. I obliterated my serum DHT, even lower than yours, and that only sped up my MPB. There are other factors involved, one of which is your abundance of androgen receptors on the follicle cells and your sensitivity to them. I would still consider fin, it just my be the push you need. Or RU58841. Fin didn't work for me, so I am trying dut and RU. RU is a topical that's absorber through the scalp dermis. The theory is, there is very little systemic absorption. It acts on the AR receptors directly, binding to them, so DHT cannot. A lot of people praise this method. Read about it.
    I just don't get it.... My DHT levels are almost considered medically low... Should I retest?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    I just don't get it.... My DHT levels are almost considered medically low... Should I retest?
    No need to retest, I am sure it is accurate. People have trouble understanding how they can have low DHT and still lose hair. The correlation between DHT and hair loss has been engraved in our brains. What I was trying to convey with my previous post is this - there is DEFINITELY a correlation between DHT in scalp tissue and hair miniaturization, HOWEVER, LOW DHT LEVELS do not mean your hair loss will stop. There are obviously MANY MORE FACTORS at play here. Like I said, I am on friggin dutasteride and I still lose hair, more than ever. dutasteride basically obliterates your DHT levels.