X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christophermitchell
    • Jan 2016

M (23) receding hairline

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for my English it's not my first language. I'm 23 years old and I'm receding till my 18. I've been on finasteride for almost 3 years but my hairline keep receding. So I've jump on rogaine foam and nizoral shampoo for maintain or maybe have some regrowth...Family history, my dad is a solid nw1 in his fifties but I have 2 uncle on my mother side who are nw 4 and they are like 30ish...

Hairline
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160126_113859-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	475787
  • christophermitchell
    • Jan 2016

And the crown

Name:	20151228_152815.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	440492

I'm just wondering where I am right now on the norwood scale?

Comment

• christophermitchell
      • Jan 2016

Bump,
      Little shy to post that after 1 month on rogain but i see some little dark hair on my hairline. Is it some regrowth or the balding processus?

On the right:

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-31-09-30-03.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	440493

Comment

• bmoreno515
        • Nov 2014

hey bro I just have a question, first of all your hairline is not receding but it could be maturing maybe. Your hair is really thick and your crown has a normal cowlick everything looks good. Do you apply rogaine at the hair line or the crown as well? Also have you experienced shedding?

Comment

• christophermitchell
          • Jan 2016

Thanks for the reply mate,

I apply the rogaine mostly on my hairline and a little bit on the crown just to prevent. (I don't know if it's a waste of time to put it on the crown)...I got some sheeding after 2/3 weeks on the product but not enough to be worried about it.

Comment

• christophermitchell
            • Jan 2016

Here, it's more clear and I think we can see some regrowth on the right of my hairline. Maybe it's too early and I couldn't say if it was there before...Anyways I'll keep doing updates and be free to make comments.
            Cheers,

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-03-15-17-43.jpg
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	440504

Comment

• christophermitchell
              • Jan 2016

I'm just stressing more and more theses days....what do you think about my hair with all the pictures that I post?

Comment

• BaldingEagle
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by christophermitchell
                I'm just stressing more and more theses days....what do you think about my hair with all the pictures that I post?
                NW1, I wouldn't even think you had MPB. Stay on that fin grind.

Comment

• Fortunate Son
                  • Dec 2015

Imo it doesn't look like Male Pattern Baldness. Were you losing a lot of hairs all over the top of your head before you started finasteride? Having a few short hairs on the hair line is not related to MPB as long as they are black and healthy looking. Every person has short hairs all over their head because they just got out of the resting phase (10% of your hairs are in this at any time) and are starting a new growing phase. If they're thin, colourless, don't grow over an inch and pull out easily then they are minitiurizing.

I can't see how thick your hair is on those pictures, but to me it doesn't look like you're balding at all.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Fortunate Son
                    Imo it doesn't look like Male Pattern Baldness. Were you losing a lot of hairs all over the top of your head before you started finasteride? Having a few short hairs on the hair line is not related to MPB as long as they are black and healthy looking. Every person has short hairs all over their head because they just got out of the resting phase (10% of your hairs are in this at any time) and are starting a new growing phase. If they're thin, colourless, don't grow over an inch and pull out easily then they are minitiurizing.

I can't see how thick your hair is on those pictures, but to me it doesn't look like you're balding at all.
                    I remember that I start receding around 18, I was stressing like crazy and I was really concerned. I saw a dermatologist who told me that I have MPB, then he prescribe me propecia.I don't remember loosing hair on the top of my head before finasteride. But I got a phase, where I was loosing some on the top while I was on it. I start panicking so I add minoxidil. Maybe I'm just over reacting...

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                      • Jan 2016

It's me again, just gonna post some picture after my second can of rogaine;

Front

Name:	20160214_105446-1-1.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	440520

Name:	20160214_004957-1-1.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	440521

Name:	20160214_004845-1-1.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	440522

No improvement but I'm still gonna stick to it; I'll be back in 1 month
                      Cheers.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                        • Jan 2016

Little update,
                        I change generic finasteride for proscar. Apparently it's the same thing and it's gonna help me alot financially cause I'm a student. I just have a few questions.....
                        1. Should I expect some shedding if I change finasteride for (1/4)proscar ?
                        2. I use minoxidil foam, when should I reach the full potential of the product?

Thank you

Comment

• Johny41
                          • Dec 2014

Hi,
                          I read all your posts and viewed your photos. I just wonder, why do you think your hair is receding? In my opinion you have a pretty good hairline as well as the crown. Your hair looks thick and very strong.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                            • Jan 2016

Hi johny,
                            I got some thinning on my hairline around 18-19 years old.... and at this moment I saw a dermatologist who told me that I got hairloss. He never really look at my hair clearly but he put me on finasteride and now I just have the feeling that I'm loosing more and more hair. Maybe I just got a mature hairline or maybe not but I don't wanna take any chances....
                            Cheers

Comment

• christophermitchell
                              • Jan 2016

Morning,
                              Like a v shape of the hairline is not supposed to mean the start of the balding process?

Comment

Working...