+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

I'm just stressing more and more theses days....what do you think about my hair with all the pictures that I post?

Quote Originally Posted by christophermitchell View Post
    I'm just stressing more and more theses days....what do you think about my hair with all the pictures that I post?
    NW1, I wouldn't even think you had MPB. Stay on that fin grind.

Imo it doesn't look like Male Pattern Baldness. Were you losing a lot of hairs all over the top of your head before you started finasteride? Having a few short hairs on the hair line is not related to MPB as long as they are black and healthy looking. Every person has short hairs all over their head because they just got out of the resting phase (10% of your hairs are in this at any time) and are starting a new growing phase. If they're thin, colourless, don't grow over an inch and pull out easily then they are minitiurizing.

I can't see how thick your hair is on those pictures, but to me it doesn't look like you're balding at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunate Son View Post
    Imo it doesn't look like Male Pattern Baldness. Were you losing a lot of hairs all over the top of your head before you started finasteride? Having a few short hairs on the hair line is not related to MPB as long as they are black and healthy looking. Every person has short hairs all over their head because they just got out of the resting phase (10% of your hairs are in this at any time) and are starting a new growing phase. If they're thin, colourless, don't grow over an inch and pull out easily then they are minitiurizing.

I can't see how thick your hair is on those pictures, but to me it doesn't look like you're balding at all.
    I remember that I start receding around 18, I was stressing like crazy and I was really concerned. I saw a dermatologist who told me that I have MPB, then he prescribe me propecia.I don't remember loosing hair on the top of my head before finasteride. But I got a phase, where I was loosing some on the top while I was on it. I start panicking so I add minoxidil. Maybe I'm just over reacting...

Thanks for the reply.

It's me again, just gonna post some picture after my second can of rogaine;

Front
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160214_105446-1-1.jpg

Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	44839

Name:	20160214_004957-1-1.jpg

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	44840

Name:	20160214_004845-1-1.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	44841

No improvement but I'm still gonna stick to it; I'll be back in 1 month
    Cheers.

Little update,
    I change generic finasteride for proscar. Apparently it's the same thing and it's gonna help me alot financially cause I'm a student. I just have a few questions.....
    1. Should I expect some shedding if I change finasteride for (1/4)proscar ?
    2. I use minoxidil foam, when should I reach the full potential of the product?

Thank you

Hi,
    I read all your posts and viewed your photos. I just wonder, why do you think your hair is receding? In my opinion you have a pretty good hairline as well as the crown. Your hair looks thick and very strong.

Hi johny,
    I got some thinning on my hairline around 18-19 years old.... and at this moment I saw a dermatologist who told me that I got hairloss. He never really look at my hair clearly but he put me on finasteride and now I just have the feeling that I'm loosing more and more hair. Maybe I just got a mature hairline or maybe not but I don't wanna take any chances....
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by christophermitchell View Post
    I remember that I start receding around 18, I was stressing like crazy and I was really concerned. I saw a dermatologist who told me that I have MPB, then he prescribe me propecia.I don't remember loosing hair on the top of my head before finasteride. But I got a phase, where I was loosing some on the top while I was on it. I start panicking so I add minoxidil. Maybe I'm just over reacting...

Thanks for the reply.
    It's always really stressful. Especially when we first discover it.

However, your treatment is definitely working for you. Nizerol shampoo? There's really not a whole lot of proof on that. Would not recommend washing your hair everyday, as it dries out natrual oils.

Keep using Finasteride and Minoxidil. I'll bet you'll be a "full head" by the end of
    the year!

Thumbs up

Dont get stressed out. You just need to consult the Dermatologist and take a proper treatment prescribed by him