X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fortunate Son
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by christophermitchell
    Morning,
    Like a v shape of the hairline is not supposed to mean the start of the balding process?
    Just a V-shape does not necessarily mean MPB. It could just be a mature hairline. MPB is different for every person, looking at your relatives is the best way to predict what will happen to you.

edit: I just saw your pictures on top of the page and to me it doesn't look like you're really going bald, but since you're so young and I have no idea what your hair looks like in person and how your relatives are doing hair-wise, don't take my word for it.

It doesn't look to me like there is much reason for concern yet. Then again, if your dermatologist says you do have MPB and gave you fin, I'm sure he/she knows something I don't. I do think it's odd that you would get a prescription for fin without him/her even looking at your scalp. Maybe try to get a second opinion from another derm or go for a consult at a hair clinic or something?

Comment

• christophermitchell
      • Jan 2016

Thanks for responding;
      I think my dermatologist would never prescribe me fin without a diagnostic, I guess I'm just responding well to medication and I catch it at the right time. I don't have to stress too much about it and just live my life....

However, I'm trying minox foam and here my hairline after 2 month ish;
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20160227_173949-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	440590

Cheers

Comment

• christophermitchell
        • Jan 2016

Little update,
        I've switch to kirkland liquid because I can't afford rogaine foam.... I think with the little dropper I will respect the right dosage. I still don't see an improvement in my hairline, just some peach fuzz. I still gonna continue my regiment and see what's going to happen.

Cheers

Comment

• christophermitchell
          • Jan 2016

Almost 1 month on minoxidil liquid, honestly I prefer the foam cause it's really easy to apply and it was not making my hair greasy....However, my pocket is really happy. This is some picture after almost 4 months on minox. No big improvement but it's really weird cause I can see some little hair and peach fuzz where I apply the product....what do you think????

Name:	20160323_153535-1.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	440656

Name:	20160323_154017-1-1.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	440657

Comment

• christophermitchell
            • Jan 2016

And here the pictures where you can see clearly that I got MPB

Name:	20160328_110606-1.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	440664

Name:	20160328_105935-1-1.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	440665

Name:	20160328_105941-1.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	440666

Comment

• christophermitchell
              • Jan 2016

Me again with more picture.... at this point I don't know what to think about

Name:	20160424_172921-1.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	440719

Name:	20160424_172421-1-1.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	440720

Name:	20160424_172512-1.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	440721

Name:	20160424_172501-1-1.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	440722

Comment

• JohnMPB
                • Nov 2009

Just wax it bro

Comment

• tedwuji
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by JohnMPB
                  Just wax it bro
                  haha John

Comment

• tedwuji
                    • Jun 2014

Hi everyone,
                    Sorry for my English it's not my first language. I'm 23 years old and I'm receding till my 18. I've been on finasteride for almost 3 years but my hairline keep receding. So I've jump on rogaine foam and nizoral shampoo for maintain or maybe have some regrowth...Family history, my dad is a solid nw1 in his fifties but I have 2 uncle on my mother side who are nw 4 and they are like 30ish...

Hairline
                    [ATTACH]44442[/ATTACH]
                    You need to get a hair bulk analysis and hair mapping for miniaturization. I am not sure if you are balding.

miniaturization mapping described in detail: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/rese...eo-microscopy/

hair check tool for hair bulk analysis described in detail: https://baldingblog.com/2010/11/11/h...bulk-analysis/

Rassman and Bernstein are original old school heavy hitters in the field. These are things that should be universally practiced by hair restoration surgeons. "Eyeballing" it is not enough to make accurate predictions of future patterns or even see early stages of loss. Objective and empirical data is needed to make the most educated decision in terms of a
                    Treatment Protocol.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                      • Jan 2016

Name:	20160607_155319-1.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	440790Click image for larger version

Name:	20160607_155321-1.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	440791

I've just turn 24 recently and I'm thinking about getting a hairtansplant, maybe not now but eventually I will... I have the feeling that I lost some grounds there

Comment

• pajason
                        • Apr 2016

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47090[/ATTACH]

I've just turn 24 recently and I'm thinking about getting a hairtansplant, maybe not now but eventually I will... I have the feeling that I lost some grounds there
                        Don't see a lot of difference but it was only 2 months. If your not on meds now is the time. Also you don't want to have a HT if the men in your family are NW 6 or 7 without trying to stabilize your hairloss first. Otherwise you are in a loop of trying to chase getting more hair and by the time the transplants grow you have lost just as much as grew in.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                          • Jan 2016

My dad have a norwood 1 and he's 52 year old....my uncles on my mother side are bald, like norwood 5 ish, I think im following the path of my uncles haha but I'm already on fin and minox so I could try to slow down the hairloss I guess

Comment

• JohnMPB
                            • Nov 2009

You have a perfectly normal head of hair for a 24 year old.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                              • Jan 2016

But a u shape of the hairline, doesn't mean a pattern of Baldness?

Comment

• dm90
                                • Jan 2016

You are 24 and experiencing possibly the EARLIEST level of hairloss. Heres the thing, it may never go past this. With these things you can never tell. Listen to your dermatologist, your doctor recognizes this is the possibly the earliest sign because lets be honest here its SO common for guys to lose hair, most do in fact. WIth that being said you are in a wonderful position to treat it and put this out of your mind for years to come. If you're worried stay with the treatment, and know youre tackling the problem with a very effective medication. You have a great hairline a little recession can look refined.

Comment

Working...