X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by christophermitchell
    Hi,

Just litlle update, ive stop using minoxidil on the crown because it was too itchy and i had too much dandruff....however, its been 1 month and a few days that i stoped this product and no sheding. Did i loose my time using this product, or ill see my hair fallout ?

[ATTACH]52230[/ATTACH]
    Not shedding is definitely a very good thing. You don't seem to have much, if any hair loss in the crown area.

That said, you definitely DID regrow vertex hair. I think six months to a year is when it will fall out again.

Best of luck.

Comment

• christophermitchell
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by k9gatton
      Not shedding is definitely a very good thing. You don't seem to have much, if any hair loss in the crown area.

That said, you definitely DID regrow vertex hair. I think six months to a year is when it will fall out again.

Best of luck.
      Thank you for the reply! I appreciated, I started minoxidil on the crown because i just wanted to prevent but finasteride did the job so far. So the shading start after 6 month?

Comment

• christophermitchell
        • Jan 2016

Hi,

Just wanted to know if theres a difference between my hairline 1 year and few months ago vs now

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160126_113859-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	441788

Name:	20170525_234034.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	441789

Comment

• ejojer9
          • May 2017

Hey christophermitchel,

Are you on Propecia or generic finasteride?

Comment

• christophermitchell
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ejojer9
            Hey christophermitchel,

Are you on Propecia or generic finasteride?
            Yes, i've been using for 5 years now.

I start with propecia but it was too expensive so i switch for generic finastride.

Comment

• mattj
              Doctor Representative
              • Oct 2009

I don't see any difference between the two photos. Your hairline looks great.
              I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Simar
                • Jun 2017

Dont get stressed out. You just need to consult the Dermatologist and take a proper treatment prescribed by him

Comment

• christophermitchell
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Simar
                  Dont get stressed out. You just need to consult the Dermatologist and take a proper treatment prescribed by him
                  thanks,
                  But i think im on the two best medications to fight hairloss, minox ( only on the hairline ) and finasteride. I think im freaking out too much, im just scared to be bald like my uncle's ( two of them are norwood 4, and the other one is like norwood 2.5-3), But my father is a solid norwood 2 at 56 years old. I think my best option is to wait and see if my hairloss is progressing. Eventually i will consider a conservative hair transplant in the future.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                    • Jan 2016

Still using minox on the hairline with finasteride, no more improvement and hair feels thinner than before...

Name:	20170727_230630-1.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	441890

Name:	20170727_230633-1.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	441891

Name:	20170727_230626-1.jpg
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	441892

Comment

• Jackito
                      • Jun 2017

Still using minox on the hairline with finasteride, no more improvement and hair feels thinner than before...

[ATTACH]53193[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]53194[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]53195[/ATTACH]
                      From what I've heard your hair supposedly goes through phases on fin. There'll be times when it's thinner and times where it's thicker. These phases should be temporary and not something to concern yourself over. Your hairline still looks the same as it did previously so that's the main thing!

Comment

• christophermitchell
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Jackito
                        From what I've heard your hair supposedly goes through phases on fin. There'll be times when it's thinner and times where it's thicker. These phases should be temporary and not something to concern yourself over. Your hairline still looks the same as it did previously so that's the main thing!
                        Thank you jackito for your answer,

So its kind of a tempory shading? Is it because the finasteride loosing his effect?

Another question, is mpb getting stronger with the time? I mean dht should be less present as we age right? Or am i wrong? And dht is not the only thing who is responsible for baldness right?

Again, i apologize for my english, its not my first language.

Thank you

Comment

• alam962
                          • Feb 2016

hey chris u have good damn thick hair buddy , by the way u are also taking the two best mdications for hair loss , so dont stress out buddy.... by the way i want to ask u some question , since how long are u taking finasteride and minoxidil ? did u faced shedding while using it ?? are u still shedding now days , if yes then approx how many hairs in a day ? did u faced any side effects while taking finasteride ?

Comment

• christophermitchell
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by alam962
                            hey chris u have good damn thick hair buddy , by the way u are also taking the two best mdications for hair loss , so dont stress out buddy.... by the way i want to ask u some question , since how long are u taking finasteride and minoxidil ? did u faced shedding while using it ?? are u still shedding now days , if yes then approx how many hairs in a day ? did u faced any side effects while taking finasteride ?
                            Hi alam 962,

First, i started propecia when i was around 19-20 years old, later ive switch for finasteride 1/4, less expensive...so ive been on the medication for 5-6 years. And i started minoxodil 1 year and few months ago. Ive never stop using theses medications, excepts the minoxidil on my crown. It was too itchy and it was not fun to have dandruff all day on my head. Oh and i never had side effects on propecia, except some erectile dysfunction at the beginning but it come back normal.

Comment

• christophermitchell
                              • Jan 2016

Hi!

I'm not gonna post a picture of my hairline this time. Here's my crown after a shower and under the light. Theres defitnely some thinning but, its. Not that bad when its dry.

Name:	20170902_194939.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	441951

Ps: i stopped the minox on my crown a few months ago because of the dandruff and the itchyness.

Comment

• xdrake
                                • Aug 2017

Hi!

I'm not gonna post a picture of my hairline this time. Here's my crown after a shower and under the light. Theres defitnely some thinning but, its. Not that bad when its dry.

[ATTACH]53678[/ATTACH]

Ps: i stopped the minox on my crown a few months ago because of the dandruff and the itchyness.
                                hi mate, did u try nizoral shampoo with ketoconazole ? its good to remove dandruff and good for scalp

and mate i wanna ask u about finastride , its anything wrong with ur libido or ur sperm or something? sorry about the question
                                i wanna try finas to, i have NW 2 going to 3

Comment

Working...