+ Reply to Thread

Default Will a doc transplant into existing hair?

I've been thinking of getting a transplant with dr. Rahal. Big fan of his, but I've also been fighting the issue of just getting my hair/hairline thickened instead of lowering it more. I don't mind having a receding V, but mine is thinning and rounding more now..

I am aware of shock loss in hairy areas, but Rahal is a VERY competent surgeon. Has anyone had docs do what I described?

Thanks

If its the front hairline maybe depending on how far you are. If you have slight loss then any transplanted hair will ruin existing hair. You cant go for 90 hairs per cm because you expect to lose another 40, it doesn't work like that. I have thinning in the mid scalp but he wouldn't work on it because it wasn't severe enough to be improved. Im 3.5 months post op from Rahal and I can honestly say so far Im happy with my choice. Just get on the big 3 and make sure they stop further loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a transplant with dr. Rahal. Big fan of his, but I've also been fighting the issue of just getting my hair/hairline thickened instead of lowering it more. I don't mind having a receding V, but mine is thinning and rounding more now..

I am aware of shock loss in hairy areas, but Rahal is a VERY competent surgeon. Has anyone had docs do what I described?

Thanks
    well, you know my story, so I won't get into that. I would say it is risky as all hell. If you are transplanting into native hairs, expect to lost most of them, especially if they are closely spaced together. I don't think it's the transection that's the issue, especially with really experienced docs. I had a horrible doctor (in my opinion).. I still see the native hairs there, they are just tiny and whispy. Despite minox, finasteride, DUT.. they don't seem to be thickening. I think it's common to get TE and be really impacted in the area of transplant. Vessels formed to feed the thick, newly transplanted hairs divert blood away from the dying, sickly native hairs and they just get smaller and smaller with each cycle. That's my theory at least. STABILIZATION is the most important part. Would you say your hair has stabilized Ziggy?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Your hair density and hair quality of the pre-existing hair will determine how the doctor will distribute the hair grafts into the existing hair (recipient zone).
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post

Thanks
    You can be the most competent surgeon in the world but there's no guarantee regarding potential shock loss. Transection is also a vital concern and that is where competency is worth it's weight in gold. Raising the density level without transecting the existing hair takes talent especially if there is a fair amount of existing hair within the proposed recipient area. Most docs will want to shave down that hair before the new recipient incisions are made.

Another thing about shockloss. If the existing hair is diffusing, it is more susceptible to shock and the more diffused it is, the greater the risk is. Increasing the level of trauma also can bring down the yield so both the existing density level as well as how strong that existing hair is should weigh heavily in how much density is added.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin