+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My progress with the big 3 month 9 (with pics)

Hi all. I'm 20 years old. I've been on fin for 9 months, minox (once a day) for 10 months and nizoral for 10 months.

I've experienced no sides with minox however did get some pretty scary ones with fin. About 4 months in one of my nipples became very very inflamed and red. That went down after a week and then began getting lumps under my armpit. My immediate thought was "oh no.. could this be the worst of the worst?" I got a lump under my nipple and had to go for an ultra sound about 6 months in to my finasteride journey. Thank god it was nothing but a little extra fatty tissue - which I am more than happy to live with. I didn't stop taking fin throughout this time.

I'm not sure if the big 3 are helping me. I would like some of your guys' opinions. Both my parents commented on my hair looking much thicker after about 7 months and I have to say it is easier to style. However, over the last month of so I have noticed more hair coming out in the shower and more visible scalp. For a while I seemed to stop noticing a lot of hair when I washed it etc. I have read online that some guys have a shed around 8-10 months, so maybe this is what I'm experiencing.

These are some of my most embarassing photos for me. But I feel like I need to share them with you guys to get an honest opinion. Photo 1 is month 9, photo 2 is month 9, photo 3 is month 1 and photo 4 is month 1. Thanks for your opinion guys.

*SIDE NOTES - I moved houses so I cannot take photos with the same lighting.
    I originally posted this in the wrong forum... oops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5133.jpg

Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	44396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4958.jpg

Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	44397   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3065.jpg

Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	44398   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	44399  

Thanks for providing us an update on your progress, as well as, providing photos as well.

Based on the photos, it would appear that you're improving, however since there is no real consistency in your photos it is a bit difficult to gauge.

For instance the 1st photo you have your hair combed and slicked back, but the 3rd on is wet, however it looks to be right out of the shower and hasn't been combed. And then the 2nd and 4th photos become hard to compare since the 4th photo is not in portrait mode.

My suggestion to you is to create an actual side-by-side comparison photo and posting that with captions of the month, then this way it will be better, not only for us, but for you to judge and compare as well.

Appreciate you sharing though!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Balding Bad View Post
    Thanks for providing us an update on your progress, as well as, providing photos as well.

Based on the photos, it would appear that you're improving, however since there is no real consistency in your photos it is a bit difficult to gauge.

For instance the 1st photo you have your hair combed and slicked back, but the 3rd on is wet, however it looks to be right out of the shower and hasn't been combed. And then the 2nd and 4th photos become hard to compare since the 4th photo is not in portrait mode.

My suggestion to you is to create an actual side-by-side comparison photo and posting that with captions of the month, then this way it will be better, not only for us, but for you to judge and compare as well.

Appreciate you sharing though!

BB
    Thanks for responding. Appreciate your thoughts and opinion. Are you recommending that I place these photos side by side and then share?

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Thanks for responding. Appreciate your thoughts and opinion. Are you recommending that I place these photos side by side and then share?
    Yeah, exactly, have the photos side by side so this way it'll be a lot easier for comparison purposes. Also it would help to label the photos, so this way we can see at a glance the process at the exact timeframe. Also, try to keep the hairstyling consistent. This way any change, no matter how subtle it is can be detected.

Thanks again for sharing.

Best of luck!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Balding Bad View Post
    Yeah, exactly, have the photos side by side so this way it'll be a lot easier for comparison purposes. Also it would help to label the photos, so this way we can see at a glance the process at the exact timeframe. Also, try to keep the hairstyling consistent. This way any change, no matter how subtle it is can be detected.

Thanks again for sharing.

Best of luck!

BB
    Hi BB. Here are some comparison photos. The photos on the left are all 8 months into treatment and the photos on the right are 1 month into treatment. Hairstyle is consistent in these I believe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	44507   Click image for larger version

Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	44508   Click image for larger version

Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	44509  

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Hi BB. Here are some comparison photos. The photos on the left are all 8 months into treatment and the photos on the right are 1 month into treatment. Hairstyle is consistent in these I believe.
    Much better! With these photos, you can definitely tell you are making progress, congrats!

That is awesome! Thanks a lot man! I needed that second reassuring opinion!

Wow I can tell you that I see some improvement there. Stick to your treatments and keep us updated!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by christophermitchell View Post
    Wow I can tell you that I see some improvement there. Stick to your treatments and keep us updated!

Cheers,
    Thanks Christopher! I definitely will

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

From the photos, there isn't much of a noticeable difference in hair loss.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux