+ Reply to Thread

Default Opinions on Candidacy for HT

Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while as my thoughts about a potential HT mature and I thought I'd throw it over to some of the HT community to get some second opinions.

My situation: I am 24.25 years old and my hair loss has been an issue since I was about 18 years old. Even though it is patently obvious to me, through a combination of creative styling and hair loss remedies, I have maybe been able to find off joining the "obviously balding" group. However, given a less than ideal situation for hair styling, whether it be sweating, swimming or a windy day, then all bets are off and my chief preoccupation becomes my hair.

Sometimes I feel like, until I either improve my hair in the form of a transplant or else I grow to accept not having full head of hair; I will never truly be able to enjoy my life to its full potential (and yes I feel very vain, self absorbed and guilty for admitting it). Im sure many of you can relate.

I started minoxidil at the age of 20 and added 1.25 mg finasteride daily as well as ketakonazole shampoo twice a week at the age of 22.

So for about 2 years I have been on the big 3. I think since starting on fin my crown has thickened up. As for the frontal third, I think it has more or less stayed the same - maybe slightly thinned out a bit.

Anyway, I have been seriously contemplating nipping this thorn in my side in the bud in the form of a HT. I have no inclination to lower my hairline at all, and I am more than happy with a conservative placement. Moreover, I have no delusions about the limitations of HT surgery. I am not looking to add grafts to the crown (at least at this stage.)

My desire is to hopefully get a transplant which builds my hairline and frontal third if necessary while retaining enough grafts for the mid-scalp region if required down the track.

I am seeking opinions on whether you think my donor region looks sufficient for my desires and if so what sort of graft numbers i might need to fulfil said desires. Attached are some pictures after washing my hair.

Thanks in advance guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1276.jpg

Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	44386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1277.jpg

Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	44387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg

Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	44388   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1282.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	44389   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1284.jpg

Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	44390   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg

Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	44391   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg

Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	44392   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg

Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	44393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1292.jpg

Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	44394  

Anyway, I have been seriously contemplating nipping this thorn in my side in the bud in the form of a HT. I have no inclination to lower my hairline at all, and I am more than happy with a conservative placement. Moreover, I have no delusions about the limitations of HT surgery. I am not looking to add grafts to the crown (at least at this stage.)

My desire is to hopefully get a transplant which builds my hairline and frontal third if necessary while retaining enough grafts for the mid-scalp region if required down the track.
    There's no net gain in transplanting into an areas where you still have a decent amount of hair. You'd basically be swapping transplanted grafts for the hair you already have.

Great news! You still have too much hair for a hair transplant.