+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Your hairline looks pretty dense to me, and since you're not really sure how it was before you shaved your head, that's all you have to go on at the moment.

Personally, I wouldn't stress at all. Your hair seems to be in great shape, the hairline is dense and in tact, and you're still quite young. Now that you're aware of how your hairline is, I would simply monitor it every few months or so. The best thing you can do (and the hardest thing) is to just not obsess over it in the meantime. And if you do start losing your hair one day, know that there are quite a few viable treatments/options to help you out.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Your hairline looks pretty dense to me, and since you're not really sure how it was before you shaved your head, that's all you have to go on at the moment.

Personally, I wouldn't stress at all. Your hair seems to be in great shape, the hairline is dense and in tact, and you're still quite young. Now that you're aware of how your hairline is, I would simply monitor it every few months or so. The best thing you can do (and the hardest thing) is to just not obsess over it in the meantime. And if you do start losing your hair one day, know that there are quite a few viable treatments/options to help you out.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
    Hey, thanks for the input

So I shouldn't be alarmed about the miniaturized hair? Also I woke up today and saw a few more miniaturized hair around the front of my hairline could this just be hair growing back or something else?

EDIT: I figured I might as well post some close ups of my scalp from what it looks like to me is that my left temple is slightly thinner than my right temple but I can't be certain because my hair is still super short.
    http://imgur.com/a/D9aOH

if they're the same or around the same diameter as your normal hair, hairs around the hairline are just growing hairs. They are exposed because they are at your hairline and have no other hairs to hide them. They're all over your head.

Oh, are they? Also is it normal for my left temple to seem thinner than my right one? its not super noticeable unless I go up close to the mirror I doubt anyone else but me notices.

bump

was hoping some of you could look at my crown to see weather or not theres anything going on here
    http://imgur.com/a/RxPLs

If I actually am balding what would be my first step to start fighting the fight.

Hi, I too had a similar head after shave but in my case I had hair fall before shaving. I consulted a lot of doctors, tried a lot of medicines, minoxidil etc. etc. to cure the hairfall but nothing much worked for me. The problem with hairfall medication is that majority of people do a hit and try with different medicines and for some it works and some it doesn't. Fortunately I was able to control my hairfall after figuring out my reason for hairfall.

In general you will read on the internet that it's normal to have 100-150 strands loss as normal but I don't think so. I used to have around 40-50 hair loss everyday and I could notice a lot of density reduction on my head in 6months. The key for the treatment is to pin point your hair loss reason. I have mentioned in detail on what I did on my blog: http://hairfallstory.com/ (don't worry I am not going to ask you buy something or will recommend something. It's just my experience). Feel free to drop me an email for any clarifications

Inactive

The pictures make it difficult to get a really good idea. The one with your crown had a flash, which distorts the reality a bit, for example. Also, it's really difficult to get a good idea with your hair so short. My guess is that you're over analyzing it now that it's something you're concerned about. A lot of us are guilty of this, myself included. It's as if you've convinced yourself that you're losing your hair, so you'll look for any evidence you can to support this diagnosis, even if it isn't necessarily true.

Are you planning on letting your hair grow back out? This would really help give you a better idea of what's going on with your hair.

As for the hairline being different on each side - yes, that's totally normal. Hairlines aren't always perfectly symmetrical, so this isn't something I would be too concerned about.

Also, I think it's really hard to tell if a hair is miniaturized or not with just the naked eye. It's possible, sure - but not something I would bank on. And it is completely natural for there to be random, sparse, single hairs at the hairline. That's quite normal.

If I were you, I would let my hair grow back out and see what it looks like then. Or if you're really anxious about it, the only way to know for sure if you're losing your hair or not would be to set up an appointment with a trusted hair transplant surgeon to test the miniaturization levels of your hair. But as I said before, I'm not convinced you're losing your hair at all....

The pictures make it difficult to get a really good idea. The one with your crown had a flash, which distorts the reality a bit, for example. Also, it's really difficult to get a good idea with your hair so short. My guess is that you're over analyzing it now that it's something you're concerned about. A lot of us are guilty of this, myself included. It's as if you've convinced yourself that you're losing your hair, so you'll look for any evidence you can to support this diagnosis, even if it isn't necessarily true.

Are you planning on letting your hair grow back out? This would really help give you a better idea of what's going on with your hair.

As for the hairline being different on each side - yes, that's totally normal. Hairlines aren't always perfectly symmetrical, so this isn't something I would be too concerned about.

Also, I think it's really hard to tell if a hair is miniaturized or not with just the naked eye. It's possible, sure - but not something I would bank on. And it is completely natural for there to be random, sparse, single hairs at the hairline. That's quite normal.

If I were you, I would let my hair grow back out and see what it looks like then. Or if you're really anxious about it, the only way to know for sure if you're losing your hair or not would be to set up an appointment with a trusted hair transplant surgeon to test the miniaturization levels of your hair. But as I said before, I'm not convinced you're losing your hair at all....

Hey pkipling!

Thank you so much for the response, I really really do hope I am not loosing hair I've had shoulder length hair for most of my teenage years so yes I definitely want to grow it out again, It's sort of a distinct personality.
    I had always been very emotional regarding my hair, Used to grow it over the summer and be forced to cut it short before school started when I was younger (Went to a private school) and I'd always get very disappointed because I always wanted longer hair.

You have no idea how much your advice helps me, I've been in much distress lately regarding this and all I think about is my hair every single second that it is affecting my sleeping schedule/school life.

I'll monitor it over the next few months and let it grow out and hopefully everything will be fine

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by vurog View Post
    Hey pkipling!

Thank you so much for the response, I really really do hope I am not loosing hair I've had shoulder length hair for most of my teenage years so yes I definitely want to grow it out again, It's sort of a distinct personality.
    I had always been very emotional regarding my hair, Used to grow it over the summer and be forced to cut it short before school started when I was younger (Went to a private school) and I'd always get very disappointed because I always wanted longer hair.

You have no idea how much your advice helps me, I've been in much distress lately regarding this and all I think about is my hair every single second that it is affecting my sleeping schedule/school life.

I'll monitor it over the next few months and let it grow out and hopefully everything will be fine
    Good to hear, man! The less you stress out about it, the better. Now just let your hair grow out like you always wanted to - and keep it that way. Update this thread in a few months, and try not to think about it at all until then.

Good to hear, man! The less you stress out about it, the better. Now just let your hair grow out like you always wanted to - and keep it that way. Update this thread in a few months, and try not to think about it at all until then.

Hey!

Yeah thanks for the input, It's just hard to get it off your mind sometimes, It's been almost a month (23~) days since I last shaved my head and my hair is growing at a really nice pace, But still my left temple feels and looks thinner than the right, I'll be visiting a trichologist next week.

I can upload pictures if you want to see them for yourself..