+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default You guys probably get this a lot but I just need piece of mind.

So i'll start from the beginning, I had been growing my hair for about 5 years when In December I had to go get my wisdom teeth removed, after the surgery I noticed my natural parting get bigger, I got abit paranoid and just shaved my head..

A month after shaving my head the part where i thought I was thinning seemed perfectly good, however I never paid attention to my temples as I always had long hair and I would part it into sides, I have a fairly big forehead and my mother says that I have always had this kind of hairline.

Maybe the hairline just looks like this because I just recently shaved my head so there's not enough hair to cover up or something but i'll just post pictures here and hope for some help.

These pics are around after 2 and a half weeks of shaving my head, and also my dad has a VERY similar hairline.

http://imgur.com/a/MGb5w

It's going to be hard for people to get much from this. Some people on here are very well informed though.

My opinion? For what it's worth... if you've always had this hairline, there's nothing to worry about. I'd monitor it for the next 3-6 months see if anything changes. If not, it's probably the way your hairline has always been.

Hows your crown? How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by vurog View Post
    So i'll start from the beginning, I had been growing my hair for about 5 years when In December I had to go get my wisdom teeth removed, after the surgery I noticed my natural parting get bigger, I got abit paranoid and just shaved my head..

A month after shaving my head the part where i thought I was thinning seemed perfectly good, however I never paid attention to my temples as I always had long hair and I would part it into sides, I have a fairly big forehead and my mother says that I have always had this kind of hairline.

Maybe the hairline just looks like this because I just recently shaved my head so there's not enough hair to cover up or something but i'll just post pictures here and hope for some help.

These pics are around after 2 and a half weeks of shaving my head, and also my dad has a VERY similar hairline.

http://imgur.com/a/MGb5w
    You probably have TE dude, nothing to stress too much about. It is a common occurance after removing wisdom teeth and is triggered by the general anesthesia. It will resolve on it's own.

I just turned 20 earlier this month, yeah but what really really bothers me is that I'm not sure since when I've had this hairline, My mom has only seen me through skype as we live very far apart from each other I just regret neglecting the fact that someday I might go bald since it does run in my mothers family. As far as my crown is concerned its good. I have a double crown and a cowlick which annoys me but I know that its okay.

Can TE actually affect your hairline? I thought it was mostly just bald patches around the scalp and/or thinning at the crown. But then again im not very educated in this field.

TE is usually diffuse rather than hairline receding. That being said your hairline doesn't look like its receeded. Maybe "matured" at worst. Have you noticed it change?

Noticing hair falling out can throw people off. It's normal to lose hair. Up to 150+ a day. The more you look for it the more you'll see.

Plus it's not what falls out that matters it's what grows back in its place.

I freaked out about my hair this year but the more I check the more I see thick black hairs growin back as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohthehair View Post
    TE is usually diffuse rather than hairline receding. That being said your hairline doesn't look like its receeded. Maybe "matured" at worst. Have you noticed it change?

Noticing hair falling out can throw people off. It's normal to lose hair. Up to 150+ a day. The more you look for it the more you'll see.

Plus it's not what falls out that matters it's what grows back in its place.

I freaked out about my hair this year but the more I check the more I see thick black hairs growin back as normal.
    Yeah i understand, I see some regrowth on my right temple and very small hair on my left temple what im really bummed about right now is if this is miniaturized hair or if its hair growing back.

As I mentioned before I never looked at my hairline I had below shoulder length hair for a very long time and I'd wear it split from the middle

When i did have long hair however I would obviously notice hair falling out but I don't think it increased or decreased since I was like 15, always stayed at the same rate and as you mentioned we shed around 100 hairs a day its nothing to be alarmed about

Yeah i understand, I see some regrowth on my right temple and very small hair on my left temple what im really bummed about right now is if this is miniaturized hair or if its hair growing back.

As I mentioned before I never looked at my hairline I had below shoulder length hair for a very long time and I'd wear it split from the middle

When i did have long hair however I would obviously notice hair falling out but I don't think it increased or decreased since I was like 15, always stayed at the same rate and as you mentioned we shed around 100 hairs a day its nothing to be alarmed about
    try not to panic about seeing little hairs around the hairline. They are often just new hairs. They are exposed at the hairline but they're really all over your head as new hair is growing. Monitor it, if it seems to get worse any go see someone to make sure it's MPB or something else. Everyone's hairline is different. Your's doesn't necessarily look receded much if at all. Unless you used to have a straight line for a hairline.... again it's hard for many of us to know what out hairlines USED to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohthehair View Post
    try not to panic about seeing little hairs around the hairline. They are often just new hairs. They are exposed at the hairline but they're really all over your head as new hair is growing. Monitor it, if it seems to get worse any go see someone to make sure it's MPB or something else. Everyone's hairline is different. Your's doesn't necessarily look receded much if at all. Unless you used to have a straight line for a hairline.... again it's hard for many of us to know what out hairlines USED to look like.
    I never had a straight hairline, my younger brother has the same he's 17 atm, same goes for my dad. So yeah this defo gives me some closure I just felt abit paranoid and it had been eating me away for the past month that I just needed to post here.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I never had a straight hairline, my younger brother has the same he's 17 atm, same goes for my dad. So yeah this defo gives me some closure I just felt abit paranoid and it had been eating me away for the past month that I just needed to post here.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    Not a problem. I feel the same way a lot of the time. Monitor it every now and again but don't stress. (I should take my own advice!)