+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Update:

So, it's been awhile since I was overly worried/paranoid about my hair and haven't shaved it again since then however with it a bit longer now can anyone look to see if this is normal or not?

4 pictures of my crown, 2 with flash and 2 w/o for comparison, I honestly can't tell but its hard not to worry over it, I shed what I believe is normal amounts of hair, theres a few strands of hair
    on my pillow when I wake up, but I don't see any hair in the shower or anything.

http://imgur.com/a/eZkg8

A perfectly normal crown, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohthehair View Post
    A perfectly normal crown, sir!
    Thank you for responding, is it also normal for it to look like this from a slightly different angle?

http://imgur.com/0u9HEEi

Hey man, quick question.

Do you mind me asking, when you shaved your hair, did you think that the hair that grew back was thicker?

I ask because my crown is pretty much similar to yours, however like your latest image, under like direct sunlight it looks thin in places, but I think that all men suffer from this, as the crown is I think slightly less denser than other parts of the scalp.

My 2 cents; take regular pictures and back them up to a cloud service so you can rely on them later and if possible, try and see a respected hair transplant doctor, trichologist or dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishb View Post
    Hey man, quick question.

Do you mind me asking, when you shaved your hair, did you think that the hair that grew back was thicker?

I ask because my crown is pretty much similar to yours, however like your latest image, under like direct sunlight it looks thin in places, but I think that all men suffer from this, as the crown is I think slightly less denser than other parts of the scalp.

My 2 cents; take regular pictures and back them up to a cloud service so you can rely on them later and if possible, try and see a respected hair transplant doctor, trichologist or dermatologist.
    Hey Hamishb,

I shaved my head back in December after growing my hair out for a long long time, I had below shoulder length hair. And shaved it twice since the new year.
    I have naturally very thin hair and didn't notice it growing back thicker at all, I think its just a myth, its not like after you shave, the new hair is suddenly sprouting out of new roots or anything.

And yeah I definitely agree, every person will look like their going bald if you see their crown directly under a harsh flash/sunlight, I see it quite often outside when its sunny.
    Also I did go to see a Trichologist back in feb/march, though he didn't do a trichotest on me he himself just told me not to worry about it, but being the stubborn person I am I constantly keep coming back to this.

But if you are thinking about shaving ur head, I'd honestly say go for it, firstly you can see how you look when/if you go bald and secondly its feels awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by vurog View Post
    Hey Hamishb,

I shaved my head back in December after growing my hair out for a long long time, I had below shoulder length hair. And shaved it twice since the new year.
    I have naturally very thin hair and didn't notice it growing back thicker at all, I think its just a myth, its not like after you shave, the new hair is suddenly sprouting out of new roots or anything.

And yeah I definitely agree, every person will look like their going bald if you see their crown directly under a harsh flash/sunlight, I see it quite often outside when its sunny.
    Also I did go to see a Trichologist back in feb/march, though he didn't do a trichotest on me he himself just told me not to worry about it, but being the stubborn person I am I constantly keep coming back to this.

But if you are thinking about shaving ur head, I'd honestly say go for it, firstly you can see how you look when/if you go bald and secondly its feels awesome.
    Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I will be shaving it very soon, just to see how my crown area grows out.

However, I start a new job in 2 months. If I shave my head in a week or so, how much growth can I get back in 2 months? Like will it be the level of a level 1 buzz cut or will I see some normal thick hair?

Quote Originally Posted by hamishb View Post
    Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I will be shaving it very soon, just to see how my crown area grows out.

However, I start a new job in 2 months. If I shave my head in a week or so, how much growth can I get back in 2 months? Like will it be the level of a level 1 buzz cut or will I see some normal thick hair?
    In 2 months its going to be about the length of my hair, I shaved my head at the end of jan again, But it can vary person to person also, if you are gonna shave I suggest just doing it clean , you'll grow a level 1 buzz in about a week or so.

In 2 months its going to be about the length of my hair, I shaved my head at the end of jan again, But it can vary person to person also, if you are gonna shave I suggest just doing it clean , you'll grow a level 1 buzz in about a week or so.
    Yeah Defo going clean man. Might as well if I'm going all the way haha.

Also, do you find your crown looks worse when your hair is greasy? My hair gets greasy after 24 hours and my crown just looks clumped.

Its really different, time to time especially when I have bed hair. But if I look at my crown with a handmirror it looks like its pretty normal, just depends on what angle I look at it.

Also I found a really old picture on my facebook from a concert back in 2009 lol ..
    http://imgur.com/xsiqstI

You can clearly see my crown in that picture, and I was like 14 then, and it doesn't seem like its changed 5 years later but that photo isn't really clear, though I also always wore my hair long so I never realized it before until now..

Its really different, time to time especially when I have bed hair. But if I look at my crown with a handmirror it looks like its pretty normal, just depends on what angle I look at it.

Also I found a really old picture on my facebook from a concert back in 2009 lol ..
    http://imgur.com/xsiqstI

You can clearly see my crown in that picture, and I was like 14 then, and it doesn't seem like its changed 5 years later but that photo isn't really clear, though I also always wore my hair long so I never realized it before until now..
    I know what you mean man. When I look at my crown using the 2 mirror technique, it looks ok.

But today in the sun, it can either look like the 1st or 3rd picture, or depending on the camera's focus/light exposure, so the sun really shines, it can look like the 2nd picture! What do you think of the pics?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0590.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	46014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg

Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	46015Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0595.jpg

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	46016

I'm gonna try and find old pics of my crown too, but it's gonna be hard.

Anyhow, thanks for all your help man, will be shaving it off soon thanks to you.