+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nohawk View Post
    This is great news for us reckless fools who achieved great hair on fin at the cost of lingering limpness. Jokes aside, it took me 6 years to recover from fin-sides and I vowed to never touch the drug again. Trust, impotence is shameful in-fact, hairloss is shameful in theory. Nevertheless, I would touch this drug...

What's the hold up? Did they pull the plug on this or is it in progress?
    I send them an email, and they told to contact them late april.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanXproject View Post
    People who have tried it experienced the same side effects that you would get from the oral finasteride
    Im not sure many people have tried this specific compound yet, have they?

I have heard a lot of people doing better with normal topical fin compared to oral. This should be even better, or at least that is their claim.

I would still be careful with it.

It is finasterid entrapped in little fat bubbles and these bubbles are attached to silicon particles (as i understood). This goes through the skin and into the layer where your hair-growing cells are. In this layer, there are also lots of tiny blood vessels with holes in their walls who will take up anything that is small enough to fit in (finasterid). So as soon as the bubble releases some finasteride (and it has to be released in order to work), some of it will be carried away into your blood stream.

The higher the concentration of free finasterid in your skin, the better the effect and the more of it will go systemic.

Extreme example: Bodybuilders even inject high doses of testosterone with oil (to keep it there as a depot) right into a muscle. But this muscle doesn´t grow more than the muscle they didnt inject in, because the body will just take it all up and distribute it evenly.

I appreciate the efforts of these guys. But I think it is more of a placebo that they are offering to their patients to take away their fear of side effects. They achieved 1/18 of what? 1mg oral vs their solution? Concentration of free finasterid in the scalp compared to serum?

double post..

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

It is finasterid entrapped in little fat bubbles and these bubbles are attached to silicon particles (as i understood). This goes through the skin and into the layer where your hair-growing cells are. In this layer, there are also lots of tiny blood vessels with holes in their walls who will take up anything that is small enough to fit in (finasterid). So as soon as the bubble releases some finasteride (and it has to be released in order to work), some of it will be carried away into your blood stream.

The higher the concentration of free finasterid in your skin, the better the effect and the more of it will go systemic.

Extreme example: Bodybuilders even inject high doses of testosterone with oil (to keep it there as a depot) right into a muscle. But this muscle doesn´t grow more than the muscle they didnt inject in, because the body will just take it all up and distribute it evenly.

I appreciate the efforts of these guys. But I think it is more of a placebo that they are offering to their patients to take away their fear of side effects. They achieved 1/18 of what? 1mg oral vs their solution? Concentration of free finasterid in the scalp compared to serum?
    That's my big concern as well. One doesn't need to dig deep to find that women shouldn't even be handling it if they are pregnant due to absorption through skin. Still being dumb and hopeful however.

You can’t compare liposomes containing an active agent to an active agent simply being dissolved in fat.
    Liposomes can be adjusted to specifically pass the cell membrane and target certain parts of the cell. This includes i.e. the endoplasmic reticulum (Uptake and trafficking of liposomes to the endoplasmic reticulum) where some 5 alpha reductase enzymes reside.

However, as you are a medical student, maybe you can answer two questions of mine…

How is finasteride metabolized? Or to be more specific, how does finasteride react in the cell’s nucleus to a derivate? And, what happens with this derivate?

Another question I have to you and the rest of the forum… Is there a certain membrane receptor overexpressed on the cells surrounding the hair follicle, which is not overexpressed in other parts of the body?

Yes it is not just a fat bubble. But after all, it is just a vector for the active drug that will have to release the drug at some point (extra-or intracellular).

I don´t think I can help you much with your questions. You have to research it yourself. But maybe this helps:

Since Finasteride is lipophilic its metabolization will propably inculde a hydroxylation or carboxylation by an enzyme family called CYP 450. The dervivate then might still have some affinity to the 5alpha-reductase but propably less. Then the hydroxylated fin will be conjugated with soemthing like glucuronic acid (or something else, there are a few options) to make it hydrophilic. In a last step the cell will excrete it via exocytosis or pumps like ABC-transporters. However, this whole process is typical for hepatocytes. Hair follicle cells will either have a very low activity of the required enzymes or not at all. Then they have another process for excreting steroids that I am not aware of.

The blog post that was deleted from the the Hasson & Wong website a few weeks ago is now back online with a few additions:
    https://hassonandwong.com/topical-fi...-prescription/

However, it's still not clear what they specifically mean with "a liposomal gel containing silicone particles which “anchor” the liposomes at the skin level".

One thing I have been wondering about is what actually happens with finasteride after it interacts with 5-alpha enzyme in the scalp. Is finasteride actually already derivatized when it interacts with 5AR, in such a way that when it's excreted from the cell that it completely losses its pharmacological activity? Does anyone know more?

Wish I saw this yesterday as I just got back from Canada :/. Still--if his claims are true--my side effects have completely disappeared from my previous attempt of fin. I'd be willing to try this as soon as possible since many of us know exactly what to look for in fin sides.

If this is the case, then why are blood levels of minoxidil almost nonexistant after application of rogaine as compared to oral minoxidil?

Default I gain weight from fin

So if I gain weight from the oral drug there is no point in trying this then ?