I hear more horror stories than success stories - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    if you're in the UK, it's a no brainer - get an online consultation and fly to turkey and go with erdogon or dogonay
    Hey James!

Intrigued as to why you recommend Erdogon and Dogonay? Have you had experience with them??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Welcome to the world of hair transplantation. Im UK based and a HT veteran of 12 of the bad boys.

Do NOT rush in and take your time. Listen to the show and get a field for it all.

If I can help feel free to reach out.
    Regards
    Spex
    What is the best way to contact you Spex?

Thanks

BUMP . . . Everyone has gone quiet? How do I contact James and Spex to discuss further? anyone?

Thanks

In my initial post of this topic I mentioned that there is a lot of bias info online and on these forums who are people part of associations or promoting specific surgeons. I asked @Jamesst11 why you recommended erdogan in turkey? I ran a search on the forum for his name and it seems that no results come up however just a lot of posts containing YOUR user name where you have mentioned to a lot of people to go with this surgeon as he is your "favourite" This smells fishy to me .. . Are you on here to promoted specific surgeons and bias yourself? OR??? i am intrigued as to why you went quiet and dint answer my question....

Jamesst11

Quote Originally Posted by djbfxtrader View Post
    In my initial post of this topic I mentioned that there is a lot of bias info online and on these forums who are people part of associations or promoting specific surgeons. I asked @Jamesst11 why you recommended erdogan in turkey? I ran a search on the forum for his name and it seems that no results come up however just a lot of posts containing YOUR user name where you have mentioned to a lot of people to go with this surgeon as he is your "favourite" This smells fishy to me .. . Are you on here to promoted specific surgeons and bias yourself? OR??? i am intrigued as to why you went quiet and dint answer my question....

Jamesst11
    haha... I understand. First off, I live in Michigan, US so I have never even spoken to erdogon or dogonay. I have never had a consult with them. I have had one HT with BOSLEY and got pretty butchered. In all my very thorough research, I come across surgeons that have what seem like consistently good results and happy patients. I also might talk about Shapiro, H&W, etc... I say erdogon or dogonay, simple because I one day will get a big transplant, and one of them is who I will chose. I mean, Look at swooping's results... flawless.

Plus, it's cheap! I have like 1,000 posts. I mentioned erdogon like three times! I just like his work dude.

I have been on this forum researching and looking into HT for around a year now as it is something which I am definitely considering as a final option to fix things or gain back a little self-confidence in life. However, I seem to read MORE horror stories and HT's going wrong than I do success stories. Hair transplants have been around for long enough now that one would like to think they are standard practice and fairly advanced however it seems to me that the longer time goes on the more mistakes happen?
    What were your expectations versus reality in regards to hair pieces? I think it's likely that your experience there will be similar to what a lot of guys experience is with hair transplants:

1. You're feeling desperate about hair loss.
    2. You find out about a possible solution - surely it must work, if guys are doing it.
    3. You go that route, and afterwards you discover the limitations and drawbacks.
    4. Repeat.

Learn about the limitations and drawbacks before committing to surgery. Just like hairpieces are not a good option for everybody, neither are hair transplants.

Hi
    I'm a long time reader of these forums and researcher of everything hair loss from medication's to surgery. And of course surgeons. Im talking ten years research. I firmly believe the best two surgeons are in Belgium ...dr bijan feriduni and dr bisinga. These two have constantly produced good results also dr edward ball in the UK is worth a look. My choice would be dr feriduni.
    Hi all,

I have been losing my hair since I was around 19-20 yrs old (now 26). I decided to go down the hair replacement route for a while but that wasn't really for me. Along with a lot of guys on here hair loss has caused me major depression and limited my life so to speak fairly extensively.

I have been on this forum researching and looking into HT for around a year now as it is something which I am definitely considering as a final option to fix things or gain back a little self-confidence in life. However, I seem to read MORE horror stories and HT's going wrong than I do success stories. Hair transplants have been around for long enough now that one would like to think they are standard practice and fairly advanced however it seems to me that the longer time goes on the more mistakes happen?

When reading online as we all know it is very difficult to find non-biased information. You google "best hair transplant surgeons in UK" or whatever and all those results you see are paid Adwords so thats no good. . I think surgeons can pay to be part of these associations right? I even just read a post on here from a guy, Alan who had his HT with an IAHRS surgeon and its THE most horrific story I have read so far! What does that tell us?

I guess what I am trying to say is that it's so difficult to find through research these days WHERE is even reliable to go for a good HT. Then on top of that there is so much information out there saying that even if you DO find a good surgeon and pay them a sizeable chunk of money for your HT. . EVEN THEN your not guaranteed to get a great result, even then it can cause your hair to fall out or give you constant redness of scalp, or the grafts could not take. . You can be £10k ++ out of pocket to look worse than you did before?!!

If anybody can show me a surgeon based mainly in the UK or Europe but can also be inter national who has achieved consistently good results with no hiccups and horror stories CONSISTENTLY for a long period of time then PLEASE let me know!

Some cases you wont fine such stories online. There is a lot of private talks. Just be careful and plan this out accordingly. A proper surgical protocol is in your favor if you decide FUE or FUT but it is critical you analyze to see if meds stabilize the loss first.

Please think this through and make sure you go with a surgeon that is willing and able to deliver for you safely.

You do not want things to go wrong and imo if you do get surgery take baby steps and not risk everything at once. Ask good questions and make sure the doc is by you side. Best wishes

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

You must understand the progressive nature of hair loss before you commit to medical therapy and surgery. Check out Belgium for FUE and FUT too. Best wishes.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux