+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 0.25mg EOD

Default 0.25mg EOD

What ya guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    What ya guys think?
    Just take the damn 1mg a day and save your hair. Chances are greatly in your favor any sides you get dissipate after the first few months. Your chances of permanent damage are like 0.1%.

The sooner you get it over with the sooner you can move on knowing you get to keep your hair for at least ten years since you're using Rogaine too.

I would think every other day would be worse for you, keep your hormones consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Just take the damn 1mg a day and save your hair. Chances are greatly in your favor any sides you get dissipate after the first few months. Your chances of permanent damage are like 0.1%.

The sooner you get it over with the sooner you can move on knowing you get to keep your hair for at least ten years since you're using Rogaine too.

I would think every other day would be worse for you, keep your hormones consistent.
    Thanks man

Thanks man
    I had mild sides the first three months. Nothing drastic. But now coming up on month 5 and they've been completely gone since month 4.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    I had mild sides the first three months. Nothing drastic. But now coming up on month 5 and they've been completely gone since month 4.
    It's just a tough thing to talk myself into. I'm turning 20 in March and I would presumably be on the drug for decades

You wont be on it for 10 years. I would debate whether people will still be using in another 5. Even when something new comes out though finasteride will be a very price effective and cheap option that works well so a lot of people might continue using it even if alternatives existed. Any new treatment is going to cost a LOT compared to fin so better save your money. Desperate bald men will drive the price sky high

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    You wont be on it for 10 years. I would debate whether people will still be using in another 5. Even when something new comes out though finasteride will be a very price effective and cheap option that works well so a lot of people might continue using it even if alternatives existed. Any new treatment is going to cost a LOT compared to fin so better save your money. Desperate bald men will drive the price sky high
    I'm hopeful we can replace fin within 5 years but I'm not risking it.

We all know the more hair you save the better off you will be for any treatment, including FUE.

I've been on .25 every three days for the past 3 month. Definite improvement in side effects. Hair is holding out but by no means having any marked cosmetic improvement.

I've been taking fin for over three years and I think there is a correlation between healthy life style and side effects. If I eat like a pig and drink like a fish I put on weight (in the wrong places). Been living like a Tibetan monk since Christmas and sides have completely subsided. Libido has dropped perhaps 10%.

When I was on 1mg per day with an unhealthy lifestyle it was more like 60%

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    I've been on .25 every three days for the past 3 month. Definite improvement in side effects. Hair is holding out but by no means having any marked cosmetic improvement.

I've been taking fin for over three years and I think there is a correlation between healthy life style and side effects. If I eat like a pig and drink like a fish I put on weight (in the wrong places). Been living like a Tibetan monk since Christmas and sides have completely subsided. Libido has dropped perhaps 10%.

When I was on 1mg per day with an unhealthy lifestyle it was more like 60%
    How old are you? Any other sides?

How old are you? Any other sides?
    30 y/o

On 1mg every day I had constant low libido, weight gain and felt constantly tired.

On .25 every 3 days the only thing I could say is possibly low libido now and then.