• Pavi
    • Dec 2015

0.25mg EOD

What ya guys think?
  • BaldingEagle
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Pavi
    What ya guys think?
    Just take the damn 1mg a day and save your hair. Chances are greatly in your favor any sides you get dissipate after the first few months. Your chances of permanent damage are like 0.1%.

The sooner you get it over with the sooner you can move on knowing you get to keep your hair for at least ten years since you're using Rogaine too.

I would think every other day would be worse for you, keep your hormones consistent.

Comment

• Pavi
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
      Just take the damn 1mg a day and save your hair. Chances are greatly in your favor any sides you get dissipate after the first few months. Your chances of permanent damage are like 0.1%.

The sooner you get it over with the sooner you can move on knowing you get to keep your hair for at least ten years since you're using Rogaine too.

I would think every other day would be worse for you, keep your hormones consistent.
      Thanks man

Comment

• BaldingEagle
        • Oct 2015

Thanks man
        I had mild sides the first three months. Nothing drastic. But now coming up on month 5 and they've been completely gone since month 4.

Comment

• Pavi
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BaldingEagle
          I had mild sides the first three months. Nothing drastic. But now coming up on month 5 and they've been completely gone since month 4.
          It's just a tough thing to talk myself into. I'm turning 20 in March and I would presumably be on the drug for decades

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

You wont be on it for 10 years. I would debate whether people will still be using in another 5. Even when something new comes out though finasteride will be a very price effective and cheap option that works well so a lot of people might continue using it even if alternatives existed. Any new treatment is going to cost a LOT compared to fin so better save your money. Desperate bald men will drive the price sky high

Comment

• BaldingEagle
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by burtandernie
              You wont be on it for 10 years. I would debate whether people will still be using in another 5. Even when something new comes out though finasteride will be a very price effective and cheap option that works well so a lot of people might continue using it even if alternatives existed. Any new treatment is going to cost a LOT compared to fin so better save your money. Desperate bald men will drive the price sky high
              I'm hopeful we can replace fin within 5 years but I'm not risking it.

We all know the more hair you save the better off you will be for any treatment, including FUE.

Comment

• Dimoxynil
                • Oct 2014

I've been on .25 every three days for the past 3 month. Definite improvement in side effects. Hair is holding out but by no means having any marked cosmetic improvement.

I've been taking fin for over three years and I think there is a correlation between healthy life style and side effects. If I eat like a pig and drink like a fish I put on weight (in the wrong places). Been living like a Tibetan monk since Christmas and sides have completely subsided. Libido has dropped perhaps 10%.

When I was on 1mg per day with an unhealthy lifestyle it was more like 60%

Comment

• Pavi
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Dimoxynil
                  I've been on .25 every three days for the past 3 month. Definite improvement in side effects. Hair is holding out but by no means having any marked cosmetic improvement.

I've been taking fin for over three years and I think there is a correlation between healthy life style and side effects. If I eat like a pig and drink like a fish I put on weight (in the wrong places). Been living like a Tibetan monk since Christmas and sides have completely subsided. Libido has dropped perhaps 10%.

When I was on 1mg per day with an unhealthy lifestyle it was more like 60%
                  How old are you? Any other sides?

Comment

• Dimoxynil
                    • Oct 2014

How old are you? Any other sides?
                    30 y/o

On 1mg every day I had constant low libido, weight gain and felt constantly tired.

On .25 every 3 days the only thing I could say is possibly low libido now and then.

Comment

Working...