+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm sure in 10 years the FDA will start their trails which will last another 5 years so in 15 years there mite be some hope....

Nope, we are not cured at all. I am not naive to believe in everything that i read on internet.

Q: Are we cured?
    A: We are cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by pilipili View Post
    Q: Are we cured?
    A: We are cursed.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by iaskdumbquestions View Post
    Don't know how much help this would be, but here are the emails of all the scientists you mentioned. Obviously we don't want to flood their inboxes with the same message, but maybe someone with knowledge can email them:

Xiaowei Xu: xug@mail.med.upenn.edu
    Colin Jahoda: colin.jahoda@durham.ac.uk
    ANGELA CHRISTIANO: amc65@columbia.edu
    Takashi Tsuji: t-tsuji@rs.noda.tus.ac.jp
    Best I could find for Roland: http://www.tu-berlin.de/allgemeine_s...LAND%20LAUSTER
    You can try to email them. I am not good in english actually

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    You can try to email them. I am not good in english actually
    Unfortunately, I don't feel educated enough to email any of them. I have never even taken a basic biology or chemistry class :/

I was hoping this thread would be used for intellectual discussion as opposed to the classic '5-10 years' that has already been made 3 or 4 times so far.

Thanks for posting Arashi!

Trans differentiation is very interesting, and might bring the solution than going through the pluripotent state first.

This is very nice breakthrough for the stemcell science and perhaps curing hairloss! Converting somatic cells like keratocytes or messenchymal cells (that are easily available) to dermal sheet or dermal papilla cells.

over expression of these transcription factors would lead to a DP cell regarding the mogrify: http://www.mogrify.net/joint_reprogr...t=FF%3A0000071

they use the lentivirus to express the transcription factors but this is far from clinical approach. It would be very interesting to see approaches like this in 2d/ culture and I can see possibilities perhaps even in vivo. Very interesting !

full study: http://docdro.id/cDK6T0P

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    Thanks for posting Arashi!

Trans differentiation is very interesting, and might bring the solution than going through the pluripotent state first.

This is very nice breakthrough for the stemcell science and perhaps curing hairloss! Converting somatic cells like keratocytes or messenchymal cells (that are easily available) to dermal sheet or dermal papilla cells.

over expression of these transcription factors would lead to a DP cell regarding the mogrify: http://www.mogrify.net/joint_reprogr...t=FF%3A0000071

they use the lentivirus to express the transcription factors but this is far from clinical approach. It would be very interesting to see approaches like this in 2d/ culture and I can see possibilities perhaps even in vivo. Very interesting !

full study: http://docdro.id/cDK6T0P
    Can you try to email all those scientist and spread this article with them? Maybe they will find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Can you try to email all those scientist and spread this article with them? Maybe they will find something interesting.

I actually did that today. I'll post any response here though I doubt I will get any.

Quote Originally Posted by iaskdumbquestions View Post
    Don't know how much help this would be, but here are the emails of all the scientists you mentioned. Obviously we don't want to flood their inboxes with the same message, but maybe someone with knowledge can email them:

Xiaowei Xu: xug@mail.med.upenn.edu
    Colin Jahoda: colin.jahoda@durham.ac.uk
    ANGELA CHRISTIANO: amc65@columbia.edu
    Takashi Tsuji: t-tsuji@rs.noda.tus.ac.jp
    Best I could find for Roland: http://www.tu-berlin.de/allgemeine_s...LAND%20LAUSTER
    i think some forum members already have some email traffic with those researchers. maybe they would have the best chance to reach out to them, because the researchers won't interpret the know contact as spam.

if i remember correctly sdsurfin is in contact with dr. Xu.
    hellouser and desmond are in contact with dr. beren atac and dr. gerd lindner.
    someone is also in contact with tsuji.

if those users could reach out to them asking for their opinion on that cell transformation breakthrough and maybe their plans to use it for further tests, this would be great.
    i mean, those researched tried and failed for many years to do exactly that: create millions and billions of functional and gene-expression identical DP cells.
    if this tool allows them to do this without any further guesswork and many useless trials, then they could get started within weeks. why wasting time with other irrelevant approaches?
    currently the only hope is replicel in my opinion, simply because it's adding new fresh cells to the follicles. cell-based methods are probably the only cure, unless histogen or SM prove me wrong.

however, many of those researchers already mentioned in the last years, that getting an unlimited source of DP cells (with same genetic profile) is the main problem. they already showed that they can initiate denovo hair growth with fresh isolated DP cells (they weren't cultured and multiplied because of mentioned problem). so now, unlimited DP cells could be in reach. it only takes one researcher to try it out in his lab. let it be jahoda, cristiano, or whoever. get this feasibility check done already. the cure is around the corner, but someone has to do this step now.