+ Reply to Thread

Default Losing hair all over head!

Hi, BTT! New user here!

For the last couple of years I've experienced some hair loss. Over the last six months it has really exaggerated. The unusual thing is that I'm losing hair all over my head, not only in the usual MPB-area. I've also experienced a lot of itching, and the scalp seems to have some redness.

Here is a picture of the sides, which probably is where the hair loss is worst.

Has anyone seen or experienced something similar? Some of the hairs I'm losing seems to be miniaturized, so I'm probably thinking it's diffuse unpatterned alopecia, but I'm not sure if it can't be something else. Often I can also see a big yellow lump at the end of the shaft, probably sebum I guess. I have no family history of hair loss as far as I know, so I was kind of surprised when the hair loss got so bad so fast.

I've been on finasteride for about a month now, but so far I'm just shedding even more than I did before. Tried minox, but it made my itch 10 times worse. The positive is that I have no sides from finasteride.

So to the big question. Has anyone had the same kind of hair loss? And if so, how is your experience with finasteride? All my eggs is in the same basket now, so I better have some positive results very soon.

Thanks!

Hi again, a little update coming. I've been on fin for soon to be four months now. Still no improvement. Shedding a lot. I've uploaded some more pictures and as you can see, it looks a lot worse on the sides than the rest.

What do you think about the hair line? I can't decide if it is mature or receded, but I know it hasn't gotten much worse over the last year, unlike the rest of my hair.

The worst part is definitely not knowing what is happening. My scalp can get kind of red, and itchy about all the time. I'm using keto shampoo, but can't use minox because of the itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Harshkumar View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but your dermatologist is an idiot. Two Months is NOT long enough to assess minoxidil's efficiency, it should be AT THE VERY LEAST six. And then what's with the 2% strenght ? This is suitable for women who may experience unwanted facial hair growth on a higher dosage but there is definitely no reason for a man not to try the 5% version.
    What? Where did that come from?

I've tried minox but stopped since it made my scalp itch so bad. It felt like I consantly getting stung by hornets all over my scalp. I'm sure it could've helped, but the constant uncomfort was just unbearable.