+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What Follisket said. There has been speculation that FUE grafts create a small margin of scar tissue in the area around the graft side. After all, a surgeon has to create small incisions for the implanted hairs to go into.

Quote Originally Posted by comb0ver View Post
    oh FFS. with the recent histogen progress things are looking very interesting in the next few years.

it would just suck to get a HT now (which I'm thinking of doing) and then find out it means you're not allowed to get histogen in 2017/18/whenever.
    People have been believing the cure is just a few years away since centuries ago. What makes you believe this time it's real?

Quote Originally Posted by inferiorfollicles View Post
    People have been believing the cure is just a few years away since centuries ago. What makes you believe this time it's real?
    go take a read through the histogen section of the forum, listen to gail naughton's recent interview with spencer. then tell me the future isn't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means but I can't think of a good reason why a FUE would hinder future treatments. The follicles are being transplanted to a different area of the scalp but then they function just the same. They continue to grow through the identical stages of hair growth/ shedding, can be cut, styled and dyed without issue. I don't think this would even be possible if there was serious residual scarring taking place under the skin.
    Because the transplantation does damage to the existing follicles in the recipient area. If those are damaged or destroyed, how can they be coaxed back into growing terminal hairs by future protocols such as Replicel?

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    Because the transplantation does damage to the existing follicles in the recipient area. If those are damaged or destroyed, how can they be coaxed back into growing terminal hairs by future protocols such as Replicel?
    Where did you get the info that hairs next to the transplantes ones are destroyed?

The scars around the transplantes hairs are minimal and superficial. That's what some ht doctors told me.

Btw, hairs can grow in scars. Just take a look at the restoration cases of fue into strip scars (which are much more serious than those in the recipiente área).

I meamt to say " transplanted hairs" can grow Into scars. And native hairs can regrowth around transplanted hairs.

Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul73 View Post
    I meamt to say " transplanted hairs" can grow Into scars. And native hairs can regrowth around transplanted hairs.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Hair can be transplanted into scar tissue, yes, but the point of these future protocols is to grow hair naturally and natively. Hair does not grow in scar tissue, so why do you think these potential future protocols will not only grow hair, but grow hair in tissue that has never before grown hair nor is naturally capable of growing hair? And as to growing hair around implanted follicles, what if the implantation has destroyed what was otherwise only a miniaturized follicle that could have been revitalized by a future protocol? Then you have not only lost hair at the donor site (removed for the surgery, replaced by scar tissue that will not grow hair), but you have lost hair at the recipient site (destroyed by scarring / implantation of hair during surgery).

As for docs telling you that future hair protocols will be compatible with their surgery, how do they know? Are they privy to what is privileged information about ongoing trials? Do they have research to back up that claim? Are they fortune-tellers, able to see into the future and know whether or not a protocol that hasn't even been invented yet will work in tandem with their surgery? No - they are surgeons, not researchers, and they are trying to sell you their product in place of someone else's protocol.

I think if you believe that better pharma-based protocols are around the corner (3-5 year timeframe), and you have a decent amount of hair (NW3<), you're taking a risk getting cut. If you're a NW4 or worse, and you can't live with being bald for a couple more years, then your only option is the Big 3 (if you aren't already on them) or a hair transplant with the understanding that it may impede any future non-surgical treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    Hair can be transplanted into scar tissue, yes, but the point of these future protocols is to grow hair naturally and natively. Hair does not grow in scar tissue, so why do you think these potential future protocols will not only grow hair, but grow hair in tissue that has never before grown hair nor is naturally capable of growing hair? And as to growing hair around implanted follicles, what if the implantation has destroyed what was otherwise only a miniaturized follicle that could have been revitalized by a future protocol? Then you have not only lost hair at the donor site (removed for the surgery, replaced by scar tissue that will not grow hair), but you have lost hair at the recipient site (destroyed by scarring / implantation of hair during surgery).

As for docs telling you that future hair protocols will be compatible with their surgery, how do they know? Are they privy to what is privileged information about ongoing trials? Do they have research to back up that claim? Are they fortune-tellers, able to see into the future and know whether or not a protocol that hasn't even been invented yet will work in tandem with their surgery? No - they are surgeons, not researchers, and they are trying to sell you their product in place of someone else's protocol.

I think if you believe that better pharma-based protocols are around the corner (3-5 year timeframe), and you have a decent amount of hair (NW3<), you're taking a risk getting cut. If you're a NW4 or worse, and you can't live with being bald for a couple more years, then your only option is the Big 3 (if you aren't already on them) or a hair transplant with the understanding that it may impede any future non-surgical treatments.
    Ahh, so you think the pipeline treatments are going to regrow NW3<?

Which one?

I already have a HT done 10 years ago to fix my temples (900 grafts). The result was good, but i would like to benefit from future treatments, specially to stop using finasteride.

The doctors i visited didnīt want to sell me anything. I just asked them if the fact that i had this HT done would be a problem if future topical protocols come to the market.

They told me that the scars around the transplanted hairs are very superficial and wouldnīt be a problem. But they can be wrong, i agree with you. We just have to wait.

Anyway, supposing that hairs canīt grow around the transplanted ones, i donīt see why it could be a problem since you can use the future treatments to grow hairs on the other parts of the scalp and them make a second HT to fix the points where the treatments woudnīt work (because of the scars).

People here usually donīt considerate the many alternatives, making it look like that once you did a HT you are fuc#@* forever.

Well you could just send an email to replicel and co to be sure