+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I think I really got the reason for shockloss!

damn, i had a fue and shockloss in the donor area, AND how I know can see now - I'm bald now everywhere where I had injections!!

my crown area was just a tiny little bit thinner, so I decided to let them put some grafts in there too. and now I'm like bald there too!!

i quite sure it's the anesthesia. they gave me ultracain or lidocain and adrenaline.

i think it's a allergic reaction to it and if so, the consequence is hair loss.
    me for example is histamine-intolerant, and as I read now, ultracain and lidocain is really bad for people who suffering that.

now i'm scared that i ****ed up my hair more than it will help in the end.

question to the people who had donor shockloss and had also some grafts in areas that where not completely bald: have you experienced shockloss on top of your head too, where you had injections?
    and did that come back?

Quote Originally Posted by sven84 View Post
    damn, i had a fue and shockloss in the donor area, AND how I know can see now - I'm bald now everywhere where I had injections!!

my crown area was just a tiny little bit thinner, so I decided to let them put some grafts in there too. and now I'm like bald there too!!

i quite sure it's the anesthesia. they gave me ultracain or lidocain and adrenaline.

i think it's a allergic reaction to it and if so, the consequence is hair loss.
    me for example is histamine-intolerant, and as I read now, ultracain and lidocain is really bad for people who suffering that.

now i'm scared that i ****ed up my hair more than it will help in the end.

question to the people who had donor shockloss and had also some grafts in areas that where not completely bald: have you experienced shockloss on top of your head too, where you had injections?
    and did that come back?
    How far are you out from the procedure? I hope to God you're on finasteride or some kind of anti androgen. Yes, I had native hair where I had the transplant. It started to fall out 3 months post op and continued that way for 6 months. It's more than 2 years later and it's still gone. I lost a lot of hair quickly all over the head actually and no, it has not grown back.

never was on fin. my hairloss was gone, and now this sh** happened!! you lost hair in the donor too?

where did you lose most of your hair? there, where you had most injections?
    my donor is still itching and i'm 18 days post op.

but my hair was already gone when I took the bandage off, two days after the procedure. thats the difference to your case.

my donor is extremely thin. and so is the crown. damn.

Quote Originally Posted by sven84 View Post
    never was on fin. my hairloss was gone, and now this sh** happened!! you lost hair in the donor too?

where did you lose most of your hair? there, where you had most injections?
    my donor is still itching and i'm 18 days post op.

but my hair was already gone when I took the bandage off, two days after the procedure. thats the difference to your case.

my donor is extremely thin. and so is the crown. damn.
    Hey Sven,
    I would need more details to give you any advice.

1) do you have a before and after picture? if not, just post a before one of the top of your head and specify exactly where you had the transplantation
    2) In what regions of the head did you have the transplant? how many grafts? FUT or FUE? and who was your surgeon? Was there a lot of hair there to begin with?
    3) not a question - but, you're only 18 days post op from a SURGERY to that area, so relax man, this is normal... will it grow back or not? maybe, time will tell. if you have MPB in the area of the recipient sites, are not on fin or any other anti-androgen then that's not good my friend.
    4) I did lose hair immediately after, but realize that some of those hairs may have been transected or cut during the operation. If a hair is "shocked" or if their is enough trauma caused, it takes a follicle 3-4 months before naturally shedding the hair.
    5) how old are you? are you at least using minox?

-Give us some additional info so we can try to examine your case and give you proper information and advice.
    - My personal belief is that ANY surgeon that performs on people that a) are too young b) have too much hair or c) have not stabilized on fin, are reckless at best. If you are any or all of these, then you should ask your doc some serious questions

Sorry for how hasty and poorly organized this is, I have been drinking and typed it on my phone. :O

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

At 18 days, you are seeing lots of shedding and possibly some shockloss. If you are already noticing some shockloss, it may well get worse before it gets better. I am hoping you have the immediate post-op pics?
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    At 18 days, you are seeing lots of shedding and possibly some shockloss. If you are already noticing some shockloss, it may well get worse before it gets better. I am hoping you have the immediate post-op pics?
    Why does every one assume it will "get better"... I am not trying to scare you man, but there are many many cases of transplants causing permanent shock loss and permanent loss from the much more severe telogen effluvium. Google it. Why are you not on finasteride? Did your doctor explain the risks for permanent loss after the procedure? Please don't let the same thing that happened to me and many others happen to you... it's devastating. Go talk to your doc about finasteride asap.

my hairloss has stopped before the fue. and i will never ever go on fin. not even minox. tried minox and soon after it i got wrinkles on my forehead. never again.
    i think the hairloss will not go on now.

i am almost 32 years old. i will post pictures as soon as i receive the immediate post op pictures.

i washed my hair half an hour ago and had hairs on my fingers, that were much shorter than my hair has grown since the procedure. don't know how i should think about that.
    maybe a good sign.

At 18 days you're likely still shedding transplanted hairs . I was still shedding up to 4 weeks , but it's pretty much stopped now .

No, it's not about The transplanted hairs!

A long time ago when I was looking into getting a transplant I read somewhere that the numbing agent can cause hair loss.
    There are people who say they've experienced hair loss after a PRP treatment as well, me included, while others had no loss after PRP.
    Maybe there's something to this?...