+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default concerned about hair transplant at 5 1/2 months FUE 2100 hairline

What do you guys think. Density if very poor to me with large gaps between grafts. Will more grow?

These images are just over 5 months. I'm now currently just over 5 1/2 months and hair looks the same as these images.

TaClick image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20160106_215609.jpg

Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	44290Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20160106_215628.jpg

Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	44291Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20160106_215638.jpg

Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	44292Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20160110_201648.jpg

Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	44293Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_20160110_201712.jpg

Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	44294

You can only really see anything at all when my hair is wet.

Literally every person who know anything about HT will tell you that you have a lot more growth to look forward to. The final result wont be there until at least one year. Be patient "a watchpot never grows"

Cheers for the reply. Of course, I know you're right. Just totally killing me the worry of final result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    It can take 18 months in the most extreme case so be patient. Also, remember not all transplants work so maintain close follow up. If it is just a density issue, that just means you need more grafts because yours may be thinner/smaller then most. Be patient, your odds are good and you should be ok if you chose a good clinic.
    Thanks for your feedback Dr Rashid.

My concerns are really only compounded cos of the bad press Dr Dogannay has received lately and that techs did implant the bulk of the grafts.

That said they appear to have done a pretty good job cos photos don't really illustrate the area they have filled as it is larger than it appears and looks like it will increase in density due to the abundance of long vellus hairs that haven't matured.

Unusually the Dr implanted the edge of the hair line and this is the area that is most sparse. Again, I don't think this is his error as HIS work, not the techs, generally seems to be quite excellent.

I have minor retrograde alopecia in the donor so due to this and the fact that he made the hair line with mainly single follicle units I think he may have had a greater probability of picking weaker grafts. My thinking is that the miniaturisation I have in the donor is not excessive but it's significant and it appears that grafts are sprouting less hairs as they miniaturise. For example a triple may miniaturise and drop it's ability to produce 3 or 2 hairs, hence picking singles increases the odds of using a weaker follicle unit generally. This is my theory though, I know I am miniatursing in the donor, but I don't know if the process actually can occur in that manner.

Anyway, we'll see, there are quite a lot of vellus hairs that are longer than normal vellus hairs, indicating they will grow and thicken and become visible to the naked eye over some months.

thanks again

Bumping for more feedback...

Yep zero increase in growth between months 5 and 6 so I guess I'm screwed as I haven't the donor for more surgery.

The worst part is that I'm currently left with what is an obvious hair transplant as there is such a disparity between density of existing hairs and transplanted ones so unless I get a blast of hair growth over the next 6 months I'll look like a twat for the rest of my life.

Quite a radical step for me this was and I knew one that was fraught with risk which I accepted and gambled with and probably lost. I don't really get lucky so more fool me for trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by monty3001 View Post
    Yep zero increase in growth between months 5 and 6 so I guess I'm screwed as I haven't the donor for more surgery.

The worst part is that I'm currently left with what is an obvious hair transplant as there is such a disparity between density of existing hairs and transplanted ones so unless I get a blast of hair growth over the next 6 months I'll look like a twat for the rest of my life.

Quite a radical step for me this was and I knew one that was fraught with risk which I accepted and gambled with and probably lost. I don't really get lucky so more fool me for trying it.
    You will most likely see more growth, so hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    You will most likely see more growth, so hang in there.
    I doubt it. Grafts are spread uniformly just hugely lacking in density despite most being terminal thickness indicating to me that dense packing just caused a lot not to grow out.

There are some vellous that are too long to be normal vellous hairs so will thicken and the odd new graft poking through at terminal thickness so it will get thicker but in places I need 80% improvement blend with my hair. I wont get it. Particularly below the front of the hair line. There's nothing there even under microscope.

But thanks :-)

For what it's worth , I think your hair looks good - I wouldn't suspect you'd had a HT .

As is always mentioned , at 6 months you've potentially got more growth to come . Don't throw in the towel just yet .

I'm just shy of 8 months and I've definitely seen a lot of growth over the last 4-5 weeks. Months 6 and 7 may give you a lot more growth.