concerned about hair transplant at 5 1/2 months FUE 2100 hairline

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monty3001
    • Jan 2016

Been applying 10% urea moisturising lotion on my scalp x2 or x3 daily. Every day skin scaling and dryness seems to be improving significantly in the recipient area.

I would imagine this scaling, which has caused some lesions has slowed my growth. Does anyone know whether grafts may have just died or whether they may have stayed dormant longer and I'll get more growth to come?

I know this is would be speculation but would love to hear an opinion.

Comment

• monty3001
      • Jan 2016

Bumping for more feedback from slow growers...

Comment

• monty3001
        • Jan 2016

6 1/2 months. Still looks shit. Exactly the same as at 5 months.

Really unhappy.

Comment

• DAVE52
          • Sep 2010

They say to give it up to a year .

Maybe your expectations on the density you were going to receive were too high

Comment

• monty3001
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DAVE52
            They say to give it up to a year .

Maybe your expectations on the density you were going to receive were too high
            If multiple areas of over 1/4cm2 bereft of any growth are exceeding density expectations then no one would get a hair transplant, ever!

But yeah, I'm trying not to think about it but every month that goes by without any more growth at all I become more convinced that my end result will be inadequate.

Comment

• arfy
              • Sep 2015

It's hard to comment without a clear before and after. In your pics, I'm not sure which areas received the grafts. If it's the wispy hairs in the front which you're referring to, then that looks like a bad yield. However, there's some denser hair behind that. A side -by -side before/after would help.

Comment

• Sean
                • Jan 2011

I can see what you mean Monty. If this is your first transplant, at least give it until month 9. After that, i dont think a wow dense formation is likely to occur. Maybe some maturation of hairs but not like a whole bunch of grafts popping up. I think month 9-12 kind of seals the deal in terms of what to expect for most folks. 18 months?, i dont even think i seen such cases with a distinct change by that timeframe. Lets not waste further time and say 24 months is what a TYPICAL patient will see in terms of full growth. It is just wasting valuable time for a patient in getting a remedy to fix the situation. No patient that is unhappy with a result that didnt reach its goals will go away. So, it should benefit docs to take care of the matter as soon as possible rather than make a patient go through a stressful psychological limbo.

Those with interests should be ethical, be honest, and dont misguide and disinform prospective and current patients regarding any facts or statements. There is a reason why some folks lose hope the wrong way. You know before, youd be censored for saying a certain doc on any list has bad results, and now, folks may say oh even good docs may have a bad result and no one is perfect. The craziest thing is, not all patients with concerned results post on forums in fear of retaliation per consent forms and etc, but you wouldnt realize the 100s to 1000s that contact via private message and emails across various online hair platforms regarding their concerns and issues after a procedure, esp asking for tips on repair strategies.

After having a subpar result, most do lose trust in some folks in the industry and tend to reach out to other repair patients it seems for guidance and support. Id like to thank a couple of you that took the time to to document in detail of your experiences for submissions to the proper folks.

Monty, i really wish you the best and hope something distinct happens soon. Give it at least until the 9 month mark and assess the situation again. Hipe things work out for you.

Comment

• monty3001
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by arfy
                  It's hard to comment without a clear before and after. In your pics, I'm not sure which areas received the grafts. If it's the wispy hairs in the front which you're referring to, then that looks like a bad yield. However, there's some denser hair behind that. A side -by -side before/after would help.
                  It's the thin wispy hairs at the front. Hair behind is my own.

It's like that in both temples also but not as bad as the front. Unfortunately I don't have much donor left nor the money to pay for another transplant. I certainly don't want to go through airports with a scabby head again, nor risk a repair with the same clinic so I'm screwed really. I probably have 1000 more FUE grafts available to use max.

I also have cobblestoning in the recipient. Currently this is about as bad a scenario as I could have expected i.e. wasted time, money, used up valuable donor (of which I have ultra limited supply) and damaged my skin visibly. If I don't get drastic improvement I'm in a far far worse position than if I had not had a hair transplant.

Comment

Working...