+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cheers for the feedback mate. I hope so.

I'm feeling a little better about things. I've probably got enough grafts for a touch up despite having a tiny bit of thinning in places in the donor. It was always my intent to focus on a dense natural norwood 2 hair line and wear a piece behind it if I ever needed to.

Hair systems are undetectable in my experience but bonding the perimeter of the front with glue and the sheer maintenance they require is a major pain and worry. Not so much at all if you have real hair at the front. Piece of cake, no lace edge to get dirty or raise up and get you busted. Top can be taped down and forgotten about.. almost.

That's the plan anyway...

Read the threads by spex on what to expect. He says that people always insist they don't see any growth from month 4 to 8 then you see the pics side by side and the difference is huge. They will give you a lot of insight, he knows his stuff

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    Read the threads by spex on what to expect. He says that people always insist they don't see any growth from month 4 to 8 then you see the pics side by side and the difference is huge. They will give you a lot of insight, he knows his stuff
    Thanks mate, yeah I've read them but I see very few guys start off badly and then get an outstanding result. In fact I haven't seen 1. Not outstanding anyway. Perhaps, yeah hmm OK result.

Most threads that start off like mine end in... the Dr offered my a second surgery.. 98% anywhow.

That's because people who have good results typically don't stay on forums. You never really see as it happens threads from people with great results either, you usually just see the final result if any. People who come here are usually looking for hope or advice

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    That's because people who have good results typically don't stay on forums. You never really see as it happens threads from people with great results either, you usually just see the final result if any. People who come here are usually looking for hope or advice
    Seems logical.

Difficult to not get mentally irregular though. Right now I could damn well do with this thing just crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's from the get go.

Been applying 10% urea moisturising lotion on my scalp x2 or x3 daily. Every day skin scaling and dryness seems to be improving significantly in the recipient area.

I would imagine this scaling, which has caused some lesions has slowed my growth. Does anyone know whether grafts may have just died or whether they may have stayed dormant longer and I'll get more growth to come?

I know this is would be speculation but would love to hear an opinion.

Bumping for more feedback from slow growers...

6 1/2 months. Still looks shit. Exactly the same as at 5 months.

Really unhappy.

They say to give it up to a year .

Maybe your expectations on the density you were going to receive were too high

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    They say to give it up to a year .

Maybe your expectations on the density you were going to receive were too high
    If multiple areas of over 1/4cm2 bereft of any growth are exceeding density expectations then no one would get a hair transplant, ever!

But yeah, I'm trying not to think about it but every month that goes by without any more growth at all I become more convinced that my end result will be inadequate.