+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Guys, am I going bald? Just turned 24...

So I had a dandruff for a couple of month or so, which I didn't treat. Scalp was very itchy. And that's when I noticed that my hair are thinning. Or I thought so. In fact I never paid attention to my crown or hairline, but when I did I didn't like what I saw. A few weeks ago I went to a doctor and he prescribed me a shampoo with ketoconazole. The dandruff is gone by now, the scalp is no more itchy.
    My dad started balding when he was 21 or so. My mothers father isn't bald even now (he's 78). I've read that in 75% of cases the genes responsible for alopecia are inherited from your mother's side. I look a lot like my mom (her facial features). Can you tell me what's really going on? If I'm loosing hair - please tell me, because I don't want to hear it from someone at my studies... In that case I do lose hair, please, don't tell me to stay away from this forum for at least half a year or that it 'looks normal to you'. My mom says I'm balding, but she's pretty much of a troll, so I don't know if I can trust her on this one. One of my friends told me it's fine and the other one that I'm balding. Sorry for too much letters, it's just that I'm going crazy lately. If it's a hairloss should I start using minoxidil? I'd like to avoid it if possible... Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1219.JPG

Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	44286Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG

Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	44287
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1225.JPG

Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	44288Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.JPG

Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	44289

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

It seems that your hair is only maturing at this time in your life!
    Accept that reality of life. It happens to most of us all.
    At this point in time, it does no look like you are balding.

First of all, stay POSITIVE...do not ALLOW stress or unnecessary worries to affect you.
    That WILL cause issues to your hair.

Cheers bro.

Thnx for your reply, Artista! I would also like to ask you if I should examine it once in a while (every couple of months for example) or no worries at all? Does it looks like the very first symptoms to you? No Minoxidil or vitamins? I just don't want to start using products when there's already a bald spot. In that case I would rather shave. Or start using now to prevent hairloss in the future.

P.S. Sorry for the perseverance, I just wan't to make it clear.

Hi Kuki !!

First of all: "P.S. Sorry for the perseverance, I just wan't to make it clear"

No apologies needed here bro. Your questions are important and are good!

You are very welcome my friend!
    I am sincere in trying to help others...especially young guys like you!
    You words: "...if I should examine it once in a while (every couple of months for example)"
    Absolutely Kuki ! Of course- no worries on any of this.
    Lets say that later on you DO see significant hairloss beginning, you CANNOT become worried or stressed about it...Accept it for what it is for 'today'.
    Not saying that you couldn't apply some type of descent treatments to HELP any hairloss.

For today, YES begin using that multivitamin, Biotin!!
    Biotin is over the counter and has a LONG PROVEN history to HELP IMPROVE men and women's hair!
    You just have to have patience because it takes time.

Eventually (or you could do it now) start taking Minoxidil.
    Another VERY proven topical medicine that helps men's hairloss.
    Ive been on minoxidil (brand name 'Rogaine') since November of 2015 and I DO see an improvement happening now!
    Dr, Wesley advised it as well as so many others.
    Great to hear back from you bro!!
    Be HAPPY.

Thnx again, Artista! Thnx for your time and advice!
    I would definitely get those vitamins (Biotin), but still not sure about Minoxidil. I'm a little bit scared by the fact that as soon as you stop using it hair start to fall again and even faster. If there will be more receding, I will eventually either shave or use Rogaine. Is that 'if' reasonable? May I ask your opinion on the haircut as well? Should I switch to shorter haircuts? Is 'hair loss' the first thing comes to mind when you see my hair?

Your very welcomed bro!
    You really dont have to start on minoxidil now just yet Kuki.
    "If there will be more receding, I will eventually either shave or use Rogaine. Is that 'if' reasonable?"
    That is TRULY REASONABLE bro,,Im so glad that you are being reasonable on this.
    That really HELPS for YOU to be realistic . Things can and would get better for your hair as long as that you are realistic.
    " Should I switch to shorter haircuts?"
    If that is something that you would like to try out then go ahead and do it.
    You might like it that way. Who knows, but there is nothing wrong with trying out different commonsense approaches to your hairline.
    I bet that you are a good looking guy and so it would not matter if you have a shorter haircut.
    No, I do not objectively see that you are experiencing hairloss as yet..
    It could happen later on,,but none of us know.
    Accept the realities of today and stay happy bro.
    Because you are still young, more than likely , there with be new 'game-changing' hairloss treatments available.
    Hopefully, Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus Phase testings (which I was a patient of in Nov. 2015)
    eventually proves out to be a breakthrough .
    But none of us can focus on that 100% of the time.
    Lets all live for today!
    (I have to go to work now Kuki...Ill be back on here tomorrow morning)
    Where do you live? I live here in America, Illinois.

Hi, Artista! I feel such a relief talking to you! Thanks! Trying my best to be real. I think I might even accept it (baldness) and just shave my head every week if that ever happens. I read here somewhere 'Remember, you're losing hair, not balls'. Pretty encouraging! Thanks for your sincere opinion, because all I wanted to hear was an objective point of view.
    I wish you a good and productive working day, man!

P.S. I'm from Gelderland, the Netherlands, it's 7 p.m. here now

Hello again Kuki!
    What you said yesterday:
    "Hi, Artista! I feel such a relief talking to you! Thanks! Trying my best to be real."
    Im so glad to read your responses bro! Im glad that you have properly considered my points of view to you.
    Thanks, I do try to help others and I am not on here to try to sell anything.,,lol.
    Something that you said that I really like:
    "I think I might even accept it (baldness) and just shave my head every week if that ever happens"
    It shows that you now have good foresight! No one wants hairloss, we all hate hairloss BUT being accepting for 'today' is the smartest thing that one can do for ones self.
    At the beginning of 2013, I had also decided that I would accept my continuing hairloss
    (I was going on a NW5+).
    In 2013 I was prepared and ready to shave my scalp very low as you mentioned.
    I know that initially, I would not have liked it but i also knew that I would ACCEPT it for what it was.
    What changed my decisions at that time was when I learned about Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus science
    through Spencer Kobren's Live show !!
    I did much searcher on all of that after listening to the Live show that day.
    Because back then, I was relatively quite active on Spencer's Live show calling-in and also because I have been trying to be very helpful on the BTT forum, I was then accepted into
    listening to,viewing and speaking with Dr.Wesley during his 45 minute 1st phase test presentation on Skype.
    I was also asked to eventually be a phase test patient of his.
    I finally was a patient of his this past November,2015. 3rd Phase Test.
    I was so glad to have done that.
    Because of all of that back then in 2013, I decided not to shave my scalp.
    I decided to start taking Finasteride, Biotin and using Toppik and Caboki which did help as well.

Again Kuki, you do NOT have hairloss anything like I did then and still do. Of course my hairloss has been lessened because of the med and the Biotin.
    You might only have that maturing hairline.
    Its good that you are being Positive and staying POSITIVE like me.
    It only makes sense bro....cheers.

Oh its COOL that you are from the Netherlands!
    Eventually, my wife and I will visit the Netherlands,,we want to.

(I meant to say 'I did much research...' not "I did much searcher.." -lol silly me!!)

Hi, Artista!

Yes, I really considered your point of view. Your opinion is important to me. I also think that it's smart to stay calm.
    I saw a lot of your responses on this forum and I'm very happy to hear that you became doctor Wesley's patient. I hope that it won't take long before you'll get your hair back, even though the process is not as rapid as we might want it to be! If one day you will share here your before/after pics, please let me know, because I'm quite interested what kind of a break-though has dr. Wesley achieved.
    You know, I'm too young to understand will I accept it or not. I mean it's one thing walking with a bald scalp for a month or two, but it's a different kinda story when it comes to being bald all the time, all your life, when you're literally in the beginning of it. It's like playing on a hard mode or smth. Hopefully I'm not an ugly guy, so being bald is not a catastrophe. Besides, I'm only 24 now, by the age of 30-35 there might be some significant game-changer on the market. The price of a hair transplant may drop as well. Besides, even now in countries like Belarus, Ukraine and Russia it's possible to get those transplants starting at around 800$ for 1000 grafts. I mean, I heard that in States it usually starts with 5-6G. Same thing here in Holland (around 3-4G's per ~1000 grafts).
    Netherlands is a marvelous land to visit, you won't regret it, I promise. You and your wife should definitely visit Keukenhof (or the Garden of Europe) - one of the world's largest flower gardens (my mom and sis were impressed) and Corpus Museum - a human body museum, a giant and medically accurate model of the human body with walk-through audio tour from knee to brain. Btw, originally I'm from Belarus. I live in Gelderland for like 3 years or so.

Cheers!