Is the undercut a good hairstyle for balding guys???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubris
    • Jul 2015

Is the undercut a good hairstyle for balding guys???

I would describe myself as a Norwood 3V. Would the undercut be a good style for a balding guy like me? If you need examples just Google search undercut and look at images. You will find tonnes of examples easily.
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Hubris
    I would describe myself as a Norwood 3V. Would the undercut be a good style for a balding guy like me? If you need examples just Google search undercut and look at images. You will find tonnes of examples easily.
    I think the best style for balding is extremely short on the sides and back and anything not too long, and well groomed on top. So yes, it would work. I think if someone is a NW3, gets an undercut and even pulls their hair back to show the temples it looks pretty bad ass. Thinner on sides makes it look thicker on top.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
      • Aug 2015

I just think the sides should try to be shorter than the top.

Comment

• Johny41
        • Dec 2014

Well, I found some photos of men with NW 2-3 with undercut. Not bad. Everything will depend on how professional is your stylist.

Comment

• Not giving up
          • Jun 2015

In short I believe yes.

The undercut when swept back on top means you can hide the crown.
          Having a parting line shaved in can also hide a temple recession.

The only time you'll struggle to pull this off is if you have poor density in the forelock and you see a crazy amount of scalp through the hairline. That said, if you rock it, you rock it, so yeah, get it and be happy with it.

Comment

• Hubris
            • Jul 2015

Thanks everyone for the advice. In the end I did get the undercut. Because the sides and back are so short, it somehow makes the top look thicker.

Unfortunately though, my temples are highly receded and thin, which negatively impacts the overall look of the style. I could really do with a hair transplant.

Comment

Working...