+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I constantly go back and forth. I am in sales and am most concerned with recovery. The implant sites being apparent for a month after the surgey worries me. If i could go in pay 10 grand with no visual evidence of surgery, id be 100% in

As others have said, price, risk of a botched surgery, potential rejection of hairs, etc.

My biggest concern is actually the speed in which I'm balding. The perfect candidate for a HT has slow progression of MPB - mine is fairly aggressive and I'd likely need another major procedure in 5 years. Last time I took fin, I reacted terribly, but am going to try micr-odosing soon. If that works then I'll consider a HT as there's no point without maintaining.

All of your here are better candidates than I was. Had my first FUE at 24 as a full-blown NW5 and I will have to get my second one at 27 to cover the rest of my now NW6 area.

It was that plan of action or stay grandpa bald with no possibility to shave the horseshoe (skinny + pale + shaved = chemo patient) in my mid-twenties. No thanks.

It depends on the the individual. In my opinion NW4's to NW6's should get hair transplants because well, there's nothing else anyway. But NW3 = NW2 = NW1 in the eyes of the general population.

As a NW3, you're still "one of them". Once you become NW4, you enter bald territory. At that point, either you remain bald, or you get a FUE megasession.

Hair pieces are not a viable option, especially for young guys.

fred970, did you notice any loss since you have reached the time when your HT effect is full (all your transplanted hair regrowed)? Or your hair just stay the same?

Quote Originally Posted by rambo007 View Post
    fred970, did you notice any loss since you have reached the time when your HT effect is full (all your transplanted hair regrowed)? Or your hair just stay the same?
    Pretty much all my grafts grew, or 95% of them at least. Well, I went from a slick NW5 to a NW5 with a thin NW6 area.

@Occulus
    1.Again : expensive? no matter if u have the wallet. Btw Here in Belgium you find very good surgeons <$4 who launched their own business and do the work themselves and don't have to pay tons of assistants, so their can afford low prices.
    2. The same way there is absolutely no reason to think HT will interfere.. I remember watching Replicel video (japanese version) and at the end of it they were talking about drugs could be a problem, I don't know if this has been updated..)
    3. You never know with MPB sometimes it goes incredibly fast. By the time new treatment comes out you could have gained 2 norwoods
    4.We hope, as we have always do

Quote Originally Posted by pilipili View Post
    @Occulus
    1.Again : expensive? no matter if u have the wallet. Btw Here in Belgium you find very good surgeons <$4 who launched their own business and do the work themselves and don't have to pay tons of assistants, so their can afford low prices.
    2. The same way there is absolutely no reason to think HT will interfere.. I remember watching Replicel video (japanese version) and at the end of it they were talking about drugs could be a problem, I don't know if this has been updated..)
    3. You never know with MPB sometimes it goes incredibly fast. By the time new treatment comes out you could have gained 2 norwoods
    4.We hope, as we have always do
    1) Sorry, but I'm not going to do a HT "on the cheap" - I don't trust medicine outside the US, and I don't trust HT surgeons outside the IAHRS. A decent, conservative HT under those requirements will cost $10k.
    2) I have a hard time believing that violating the scalp 1000+ times, transcending viable terminal hairs, and causing scarring won't interfere with pharma-based topical protocols. Fibrous tissue doesn't grow hair, so how could future protocols grow hair in scars?
    3) I totally agree, and that's why I say that if you are a NW4 and want hair in the next five years and haven't grown hair on what is currently available, your only options are an HT or a hairpiece. If I weren't a NW2-3 right now, but a NW4 or above, I'd get an HT.
    4) Finally, in addition to the drawbacks I've already listed, here's another: An HT is not a final solution. It will not give you a full head of hair. It will give you coverage, but you will be very limited in the way you can style your hair, and in most cases, it won't look great. Better than being bald? Absolutely. But an HT, in most cases (yes, I know there are some great examples of HTs, but those are the exception, not the rule), you're not going to look like a normal, NW1-2 person. Given that outcome, I don't think the risks are worth it for NW3s or less. I'd rather wait a year or two to see if we can expect anything new in the next 3-5 years, than roll the dice on a surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    1) Sorry, but I'm not going to do a HT "on the cheap" - I don't trust medicine outside the US, and I don't trust HT surgeons outside the IAHRS. A decent, conservative HT under those requirements will cost $10k.
    2) I have a hard time believing that violating the scalp 1000+ times, transcending viable terminal hairs, and causing scarring won't interfere with pharma-based topical protocols. Fibrous tissue doesn't grow hair, so how could future protocols grow hair in scars?
    3) I totally agree, and that's why I say that if you are a NW4 and want hair in the next five years and haven't grown hair on what is currently available, your only options are an HT or a hairpiece. If I weren't a NW2-3 right now, but a NW4 or above, I'd get an HT.
    4) Finally, in addition to the drawbacks I've already listed, here's another: An HT is not a final solution. It will not give you a full head of hair. It will give you coverage, but you will be very limited in the way you can style your hair, and in most cases, it won't look great. Better than being bald? Absolutely. But an HT, in most cases (yes, I know there are some great examples of HTs, but those are the exception, not the rule), you're not going to look like a normal, NW1-2 person. Given that outcome, I don't think the risks are worth it for NW3s or less. I'd rather wait a year or two to see if we can expect anything new in the next 3-5 years, than roll the dice on a surgery.

2- I have asked it to some doctors and they said that it wouldn´t be a problem since the scaring is superficial. According to them, a HT doesn´t inactivate native hair folicles. There´s an audio interview here at TBT where Dr Ziering (from HISTOGEN) says to Spencer that people who had HTs would benefit from Histogen without problems.

Occulus If you want hair, you won’t shave your head if you get them. so who care about scars since remaining hair cover them anyway. Getting a HT usually means getting a hairline. at the end, transplanted hair won’t get lost. and In the future if treatments come you could be able to complete a HT and treat your scalp to get density (Like Paul73 says for example Histogen, same as replicel ?).... Every theory is possible. Like we see , nobody is right, nobody is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    I don't trust medicine outside the US
    You think Belgium and Europe are the third world or what?

Most of your American surgeons cannot hold a candle to Bisanga, Mwamba, De Reys, Feriduni and Devroye.

Medicine is way safer in Europe than it is in the US. I've got a glimpse of your healthcare system in the documentary Sicko.