• Show
Clear All
  • TennisPlayer
    • Jan 2010

Two months and two weeks after HT, no growth

...normal? It's very depressing.
  • Refuse2GoBald
    • Mar 2009

This is 100% normal...really, 100%. If you're lucky, you'll see grafts just starting to grow at a little past the 3 month mark and they will be very thin at first. It can take up to a year to see the full results, but from my personal experience, I see the maximum results at around 8 months. Don't worry buddy. Hang in there. Who did your work?

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Dec 2008

Very normal. Check back with your doctor at 6 months and things should be starting.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
      William Lindsey, MD
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• TennisPlayer
        • Jan 2010

Thank you, Dr. Lindsey.

I've already asked this question in another thread:

I have a question: can a black eyeliner damage grafts when applied on a red pimple following a transplant? I would think not, since women put it right underneath their eyes, so it can't be toxic. I've been told that they can quickly dry off pimples.

Another question: how about a regular anti-acne cream? It seems that that could potentially be more dangerous for the grafts?

I'm particularly interested to hear on this one from doctors.

Thanks.

Comment

• TennisPlayer
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lindsey
          Very normal. Check back with your doctor at 6 months and things should be starting.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
          They have already started growing well. It's really quite amazing the difference that just a few weeks can make at around three months!

Comment

• TennisPlayer
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Refuse2GoBald
            This is 100% normal...really, 100%. If you're lucky, you'll see grafts just starting to grow at a little past the 3 month mark and they will be very thin at first. It can take up to a year to see the full results, but from my personal experience, I see the maximum results at around 8 months. Don't worry buddy. Hang in there. Who did your work?
            Dr. H. Rahal.

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
              IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
              • Dec 2008

I would not suggest eyeliner on pimples... IF postop acne is a problem, call your doc for a short course of antibiotics. IF by "acne cream" you mean benzoil peroxide, I'd not want my patients to apply that to the recipient area for a while...not sure how long, but a while. I'd certainly prefer oral antibiotics. Fortunately only a few percent of patients get any significant acne and so far all have responded quickly to a few days of antibiotics and cleaning.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
              William Lindsey, MD
              Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
              View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• TennisPlayer
                • Jan 2010

I contacted Dr. Rahal's office and the only thing they suggest is Polysporin. All other products can do harm.

Comment

Working...