+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The hairloss continues (after 5000 grafts).

I barely have the strength to type as my depression and anger are literally consuming me to the point where I feel so dizzy and like I'm going to faint but I don't know what else to do right now.
    Some of you may remember me but I basically have had 6 HTs over the past decade and half totalling about 5000 grafts (all in the frontal part of my head as my hair on top and crown was close to full) yet my hair kept thinning in the transplanted area. I would always tell myself maybe it is just native hair that I was losing even though I knew it wasn't the case. It wasn't "seasonal shedding" either -if there is such a thing to begin with- I could see the thinning clearly happening as days went by. Today, just took a closer look -even though I dread looking in the mirror - and I almost collapsed. I literally look like a norwood 3 if I pull my hair to the back. I am balder than I've ever been in the past. So, there is no more denying it any more. After 5000 grafts and $23000, and also putting my whole life on hold for all those years, I am coming to the realization it's all for NOTHING.

It's a fact that for some of us, life will always f**k them in more ways than one. No matter what they do life, luck, fate or whatever you wanna call it will always throw obstacles at them and will knock them down no matter what they do. I've always had bad luck. In fact, it's not just bad, it's horrifyingly bad and have had it since I was a child. Even way before I started getting HTs I'd feared that I'd be one of the unlucky ones whose HT wouldn't fix the problem. Well....I was right .... as usual.

Now I don't know if this loss is going to continue to where there is no more transplanted hairs left or what I am going to do when the scars become visible. This is a nightmare.

Nothing more to do or say.

I hope god is happy torturing his creation.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I barely have the strength to type as my depression and anger are literally consuming me to the point where I feel so dizzy and like I'm going to faint but I don't know what else to do right now.
    Some of you may remember me but I basically have had 6 HTs over the past decade and half totalling about 5000 grafts (all in the frontal part of my head as my hair on top and crown was close to full) yet my hair kept thinning in the transplanted area. I would always tell myself maybe it is just native hair that I was losing even though I knew it wasn't the case. It wasn't "seasonal shedding" either -if there is such a thing to begin with- I could see the thinning clearly happening as days went by. Today, just took a closer look -even though I dread looking in the mirror - and I almost collapsed. I literally look like a norwood 3 if I pull my hair to the back. I am balder than I've ever been in the past. So, there is no more denying it any more. After 5000 grafts and $23000, and also putting my whole life on hold for all those years, I am coming to the realization it's all for NOTHING.

It's a fact that for some of us, life will always f**k them in more ways than one. No matter what they do life, luck, fate or whatever you wanna call it will always throw obstacles at them and will knock them down no matter what they do. I've always had bad luck. In fact, it's not just bad, it's horrifyingly bad and have had it since I was a child. Even way before I started getting HTs I'd feared that I'd be one of the unlucky ones whose HT wouldn't fix the problem. Well....I was right .... as usual.

Now I don't know if this loss is going to continue to where there is no more transplanted hairs left or what I am going to do when the scars become visible. This is a nightmare.

Nothing more to do or say.

I hope god is happy torturing his creation.
    Damn man, this sounds horrible and I am truly sorry. Who was/were the doctor(s) that performed your surgeries? 6 HT's?!?!! Did you keep returning because the previous ones completely failed, or because the density wasn't satisfactory? Were they strip, FUE or both?? As depressing as it is, can you provide pics so we can try to help in any way we can?

Please man, I know it is the most horrible thing to deal with, but try to survive the best you can. I had ONE HT that completely f*cked my head and I am devastated, and that's just one at 4,000. I can only kind of imagine what you're going through, and it is f*cking terrible. The worst part is, no one else understands, but we do. Why do you think these transplants are failing?

Thanks, Jamess111. There are no words that can describe what I feel. I am surviving...like just breathing. What meaning does life have if you live like you're living in a prison or like a hermit? Now if anything, I'll be in even worse isolation.

Yes. 6 HTs, most about 1-2 years apart but my first one (in '98 or '99) was only 300 grafts at Bosley LA and that's why sometimes I say I had 5 HTs but still that counts as one. The second, about a year or so after was at Sword in Torrance (Cali), third at NHI in LA then the rest (3, one of them was around 1600 grafts) by a fourth doctor in Canada (one of the best HT doctors in the west coast but I'm not going to mention his name). I was never bald to begin with. I was mostly receding at the hairline and thinning a couple of inches behind that. I'd get the HT, hair would look nice and thick for a year or 2 or maybe 3, then the hairs would start falling off fast. Because I had still had a lot of hair I'd tell myself I'm only losing natives. But even my last doctor thought something was wrong but I'd get the HT anyway, especially that a skin biopsy came back normal -I even had a test to see if I had some auto-immune problem which also came back negative. My last HT 3 years ago the hairs started falling off after maybe 6 months and the thinning hasn't stopped since. So now there's no way I'm losing native hair but transplanted.

One thing I will say is that I don't lose all the transplanted hair but I'd say maybe half or more does go. I just wish there were a way to know if I was losing older transplants or newer ones. The other thing that's scaring me is that I see a lot of miniaturizing hairs, which is also causing me a lot of non-stop worrying and anxiety.

My doctor says I'm one of the few unlucky ones whose transplanted hairs are rejected by the body. No one seems to know why the body would reject its own hair, which is really pissing me off about this whole thing.

I can't take a pic. I really don't want to see it. It's like I want to live in denial about it.

Sorry to hear about your HT. I really feel deep sadness for those who go through the same thing. It really depresses the hell out of me when I think about them because I think I am in the same boat. I can't understand why life has to be so cruel to many of us.

Are you on Propecia? That might help (?)

The "permanent donor area" is just a theory and doesn't hold true for everyone, in fact if you look at elderly men their donor areas are often weak as hell. Even in younger men, certain guys can have a significant amount of hair loss in the donor area. It's not as permanent as the industry claims. There's a chance that meds can help you retain hair in the donor zone, so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to consider Propecia.

Thanks, Jamess111. There are no words that can describe what I feel. I am surviving...like just breathing. What meaning does life have if you live like you're living in a prison or like a hermit? Now if anything, I'll be in even worse isolation.

Yes. 6 HTs, most about 1-2 years apart but my first one (in '98 or '99) was only 300 grafts at Bosley LA and that's why sometimes I say I had 5 HTs but still that counts as one. The second, about a year or so after was at Sword in Torrance (Cali), third at NHI in LA then the rest (3, one of them was around 1600 grafts) by a fourth doctor in Canada (one of the best HT doctors in the west coast but I'm not going to mention his name). I was never bald to begin with. I was mostly receding at the hairline and thinning a couple of inches behind that. I'd get the HT, hair would look nice and thick for a year or 2 or maybe 3, then the hairs would start falling off fast. Because I had still had a lot of hair I'd tell myself I'm only losing natives. But even my last doctor thought something was wrong but I'd get the HT anyway, especially that a skin biopsy came back normal -I even had a test to see if I had some auto-immune problem which also came back negative. My last HT 3 years ago the hairs started falling off after maybe 6 months and the thinning hasn't stopped since. So now there's no way I'm losing native hair but transplanted.

One thing I will say is that I don't lose all the transplanted hair but I'd say maybe half or more does go. I just wish there were a way to know if I was losing older transplants or newer ones. The other thing that's scaring me is that I see a lot of miniaturizing hairs, which is also causing me a lot of non-stop worrying and anxiety.

My doctor says I'm one of the few unlucky ones whose transplanted hairs are rejected by the body. No one seems to know why the body would reject its own hair, which is really pissing me off about this whole thing.

I can't take a pic. I really don't want to see it. It's like I want to live in denial about it.

Sorry to hear about your HT. I really feel deep sadness for those who go through the same thing. It really depresses the hell out of me when I think about them because I think I am in the same boat. I can't understand why life has to be so cruel to many of us.
    This is horrible man and I am so sorry... it sounds like a perpetual nightmare. At this point, have you considered saying f*ck the world and all this bullsh*t and going the hair system route? I know that is not a path any of us want to take, but I am sure you have a lot of reputable places in cali.

I am sorry to hear about your situation and the way you feel. I haven't done any transplant, but I have been losing my hair since I was 15, and now I am 30 and nw5/6. So I feel like you do, I am so ****ing depressed and anxious about my situation, this baldness shit has destroyed so much in my life. So I just want you to know that you are not alone. Maybe that can ease the pain just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post
    Are you on Propecia? That might help (?)

The "permanent donor area" is just a theory and doesn't hold true for everyone, in fact if you look at elderly men their donor areas are often weak as hell. Even in younger men, certain guys can have a significant amount of hair loss in the donor area. It's not as permanent as the industry claims. There's a chance that meds can help you retain hair in the donor zone, so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to consider Propecia.
    People (here/online) always tell me the same thing but this isn't true in my case. I have thick hair and good density in the back. In fact, you still can't see the typical U shape pattern looking at my head from the back. Looking at my head from the back you can't even tell I have a hair loss problem.

Jamess, this has been a nightmare that's been going on for more than one and half decades. I have been living this hell for a long long time now. I think about it each and every second. The stress and anguish this has caused me is immeasurable. This has deprived me of living a normal life ever since it started. I'm a hostage in the full sense. I'm sure those who are in a similar situation know this but having to wear a hat 24/7 pretty much makes you a prisoner and forces you to live like a hermit.

Hair system is not an option. And it's not something I can afford. I'd tattoo my whole head before I wear a piece. In fact, I think that's the only option I have if I lose more hair to where the needle marks become too obvious.

I don't live in Cali any more. I'm in canada.

Thanks, MrBald. I appreciate that.
    I know exactly how you feel. Yes. This shit can and does destroy lives. Never got to enjoy my life at all. Life just passed me by. The sadness this causes is unimaginable. You want to go out and enjoy your life but this hair loss hell just prevents you from doing that. You're completely preoccupied by it....I know some men with hair loss don't give a f**k, and I really envy them but many do care....
    What makes things even worse is if you have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) like I do. It's like a one two punch. Life is never fair. I guess some people are never meant to enjoy life.