+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I forgot to mention yes, I have been on Fin and Minoxidil since my first HT. Minox was doing most of the job IMO but the last few years it's been losing its effectiveness I think.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I forgot to mention yes, I have been on Fin and Minoxidil since my first HT. Minox was doing most of the job IMO but the last few years it's been losing its effectiveness I think.
    Can you show us some pictures?

How you feel is relative, someone can be a norwood 1 and feel like its the end of the world, I suggest you try and occupy your mind on other things bro, things could be a lot worse, believe me I know how much it sucks to be bald, guessing from the years you got your surgeries im going to assume you're probably in your 40's or 50's. Any case, if you really want to be done with hair loss why don't you try a hair system? it sound ideal for someone with very high expectations who wants to look like they're not balding at all.

I think something that everyone needs to realize prior to having surgery is that hair restoration does not match original density and in most cases you will still look like you're balding in one way or another, lets say you've lost 15,000 follicular units on your head, there is no way to replace that with 5,000 and make it look like it did before it just won't happen.

Here is what I looked like at 29, imagine how I felt being young and being norwood 6

This is after 4,000 grafts
    artificial light
    Natural light see the difference

My crown is still bald and I still have to be clever with how I style my hair, also, you see the difference between artificial light and actual sunlight hitting the scalp, if you have high expectations or unrealistic expectations your best bet is a hair system, cheer up man, it could be worse you could be norwood 6 in your 20's instead of norwood 3 in your 40's or 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    How you feel is relative, someone can be a norwood 1 and feel like its the end of the world, I suggest you try and occupy your mind on other things bro, things could be a lot worse, believe me I know how much it sucks to be bald, guessing from the years you got your surgeries im going to assume you're probably in your 40's or 50's. Any case, if you really want to be done with hair loss why don't you try a hair system? it sound ideal for someone with very high expectations who wants to look like they're not balding at all.

I think something that everyone needs to realize prior to having surgery is that hair restoration does not match original density and in most cases you will still look like you're balding in one way or another, lets say you've lost 15,000 follicular units on your head, there is no way to replace that with 5,000 and make it look like it did before it just won't happen.

Here is what I looked like at 29, imagine how I felt being young and being norwood 6

This is after 4,000 grafts
    artificial light
    Natural light see the difference

My crown is still bald and I still have to be clever with how I style my hair, also, you see the difference between artificial light and actual sunlight hitting the scalp, if you have high expectations or unrealistic expectations your best bet is a hair system, cheer up man, it could be worse you could be norwood 6 in your 20's instead of norwood 3 in your 40's or 50's.
    What type of surgery did you have and where? how much did it cost?

Pics of your crown would be helpful, to get the full story on what HT accomplished for you. You're only showing "the good angle" which might mislead some people, who desperately want to believe a "half-full glass" is all the way full.

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post
    Pics of your crown would be helpful, to get the full story on what HT accomplished for you. You're only showing "the good angle" which might mislead some people, who desperately want to believe a "half-full glass" is all the way full.
    hmm not sure if you read my post, I stated my crown was still bald, and I also stated that you're always going to look like you're balding in one way or another, also not sure how I am only showing "a good angle" when I posted a top view picture in natural light which very well exposes the weaknesses, If I were trying to mislead anyone I wouldn't have posted the differences between artificial and natural light, as I previously said, if you lose 15,000 follicular units there is absolutely no possible way you're going to replace it with 5,000 and look like you did before, so hair restoration is all about having realistic expectations, not a lot of guys are willing to live with a "balding" look and these guys are not candidates, that's why I recommend hair systems for anyone who wants to look like they're not balding at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    hmm not sure if you read my post, I stated my crown was still bald
    Yes, but you didn't show the crown. Some guys won't understand your results unless they see it in a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post
    Yes, but you didn't show the crown. Some guys won't understand your results unless they see it in a photo.
    There is a photo in Blohan's thread for anyone who want's to see, my purpose was not to hijack this thread with my photos, I simply wanted to provide input from a perspective of a happy HT patient who had realistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Thanks, MrBald. I appreciate that.
    I know exactly how you feel. Yes. This shit can and does destroy lives. Never got to enjoy my life at all. Life just passed me by. The sadness this causes is unimaginable. You want to go out and enjoy your life but this hair loss hell just prevents you from doing that. You're completely preoccupied by it....I know some men with hair loss don't give a f**k, and I really envy them but many do care....
    What makes things even worse is if you have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) like I do. It's like a one two punch. Life is never fair. I guess some people are never meant to enjoy life.
    If life has passed you by its because you've dedicated years of your life and tens of thousands of dollars to vanity instead of dedicating that time and money to something meaningful.

Have you honestly never met a happy/successful bald person? The cards you're dealt are irrelevant, the only thing you can affect is how you play them, and if you spend all your time feeling sorry you didn't get a better deal then you're screwing yourself over worse than any bum deal. If you refuse to play the cards you have out of self-pity you're guaranteed to lose.

It's not baldness that's making you unhappy but your pre-occupation with it. No one can be happy if they obsess over what they don't have instead of what they do.

Everyone ends up ugly if they live long enough. If you think you'll only ever be happy when your appearance meets some hypothetical point of acceptability then you'll be miserable your entire life, because that's not a battle anyone wins. Seems like a fairly trivial reason to squander waste your life over. Helen Keller went deaf and blind at a time when women couldn't even vote, and still managed to write her name into the history books, as well as dedicate her life to her principles and to help other people. Life's not fair? You think you got a worse deal than Helen Keller? Or did she just not let her misfortunes dictate her life. Stop blaming your problems on your hair and start focusing on something more positive and productive. Or keep on worrying about your hair for the rest of your life. If you spend enough time and money on it maybe you can have the best looking corpse in the graveyard one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    If life has passed you by its because you've dedicated years of your life and tens of thousands of dollars to vanity instead of dedicating that time and money to something meaningful.
    I can't believe I'm reading this. Vanity? How about wanting to look like a normal man and not being made fun of for being bald?

I can't imagine myself going to job interviews as a bald 26 year old. My transplant saved my life, I look like a normal young man again.

The cards you're dealt are irrelevant? What a load of horsesh*t! What if you're a 5'5 hairy NW5 24 year old with bad acne and an IQ of 85? Let me see you try to be successful then.

Jesus, how blue-pill can people be. You're probably not worse than a NW2, I'd like to see you preach this BS with a shinny NW6 on your head. Ignorant fullhead hypocrite.