+ Reply to Thread

Smile Buzzing your head

So here's my story as it stands, I'm 24 and I started noticing thinning on the top of my head about 3 years ago and some slight receding, but it didn't get any worse or better, so for the last 3 years all I've been able to think about is my hair, I started growing it out which made it easy to cover up with hairspray but the wind was not my friend and it would make it look bad and on bad hair days you could see through my hair at a certain angle, this meant almost all day everyday I would be conscious about it. So I decided to get Rogaine a few months back and haven't used it as often as it states but have noticed some difference but my hair was getting kind of long, which meant any new hair wouldn't show up well in contrast to the hair that was long, so last week for the first time I took a big step and buzzed my hair to around 2 or 3, it looked awful because it was patchy where parts were thicker than others and it really got me down, I wore a hat for the days the followed and felt worse than ever but what I did next has changed it all, I buzzed to no.1 and my problem has gone, you can't even tell that it's thinning now and I feel amazing and it actually looks much better than I thought, so already feeling happy I started looking at the others pros of this.
    I've not been swimming for a very long time because of how the water would make my hair look, not an issue now
    If I wore a hat it would be a commitment for the day because of how bad my hair would look underneath
    Mornings will be a lot easier now
    No more worrying about how it looks every time I go out

The reactions of friends and family wasn't half as bad as expected and some think it suits me more than before.

So the take home message here, if you're having a similar struggle, just buzz it and stop wasting your time worrying, peace....

Noire, I glad that you're happy with your new look and comfortable. I'm new to this forum, too, and twice your age, but still not comfortable with shaving my head! I went through 4 transplants, but luckily have one semi-linear donor scar. If it weren't for the scar, I would buzz my head. I'm very self conscious of it and currently looking in the Indianapolis area for a good plastic surgeon to help with concealing it as much as possible. But, you had the right thinking to just deal with it and be proud of who you are. If I could go back, that is exactly what I would do and save myself a lot of money! Wish you the best, man!

Hey Kreuzer,

sorry about your experience. Other than the scar, did you at least get the results you were looking for?

Inactive

This is great advice. I'm a huge believer in hair transplants, but too often people don't know exactly what they're getting into when they get them. They don't do research, are misinformed, have unreasonable expectations, etc. I always think it's a good idea to give the buzz cut a shot and see how it makes you feel/how it looks on you. Some guys can really pull this off, and it could end up saving them time, stress, and a whole lot of worry.

And as much as I love having a full head of hair, there is something so freeing about not having to fix your hair every day.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

I commend your courage. Mentally and physically, you seem to be in a good state. Thanks for sharing your experience, Noire.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux