+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil 10% with retinol

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using minoxidil at 10% with retinol. I have been using 5% for years, and no problem.

I just got a hair transplant (FUE 2200 grafts) to take care of front and mid scalp. i got the surgery in August. Since then I have been using the rogaine foam (both for crown and transplanted area) and had a PRP with acell injection in crown in november. Recently my doctor came out with a new topical,Minoxidil 10% with retinol .025. it is in spray form, and i find it very hard to get to the scalp, especially in the transplanted areas where the hair is already, after 5 months growing in quite well. I am nervous to try anything new since what I am doing now is working. Looking for some feedback. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyab16 View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using minoxidil at 10% with retinol. I have been using 5% for years, and no problem.

I just got a hair transplant (FUE 2200 grafts) to take care of front and mid scalp. i got the surgery in August. Since then I have been using the rogaine foam (both for crown and transplanted area) and had a PRP with acell injection in crown in november. Recently my doctor came out with a new topical,Minoxidil 10% with retinol .025. it is in spray form, and i find it very hard to get to the scalp, especially in the transplanted areas where the hair is already, after 5 months growing in quite well. I am nervous to try anything new since what I am doing now is working. Looking for some feedback. Thanks!
    Minox is always recommended, such a high percentage concentration is disputable, but I don't think it will hurt. You should really be on finsteride if you just had a transplant. I had one, lost a TON of hair (50-60%) of my native hair and it never grew back. This has happened to quite a few people that already have a lot of native hair (not to scare you). You have a much better chance at recovering from trauma induced TE if you're on some kind of androgen inhibitor. That being said, I have been on 5% minox for 3 years. I just ordered a cream with the following constituents - 15% minox, finasteride, hydrocortisone, progesterone and AA.. I am going to try it once a day for a while and continue the 5% once a day. I feel like if your body readily handles the 5%, then upping the concentration gradually may not be harmful.

Thanks James, very much appreciated. I haven't loss native hair thankfully. I was on propecia a few years ago, and I could not tolerate it, very sensitive to sides. I definitely, agree with your analysis and would be on it if I wasn't so sensitive.
    I guess my main concerns are: using a spray form of minoxidil, Doctor told me to use 3-5 sprays both in crown and transplanted area, but cant seem to find any insight online of people doing it) will the increase to 10% cause shedding to my hair that's already dependent on the 5%? i don't think it will, especially the transplanted hair that should grow with or without minox. Could the increase in Minox absorption due to retinol somehow cause sexual sides. I have no such problems with the foam, but it could be me being a little OCD, and believing everything i see on internet because of what happened to me with the propecia. while most dispute claims of minox causing these sides, some claim to have had them without ever taking fin.
    I have done extensive research and it seems almost impossible for the topical minx to cause sexual sides. I even went to a doctor for my physical coincidentally after I applied the spray night before and my pressure was normal, so I don't think systemic absorption is an issue.

forgot to mention that spray is used once a day.

James, any update on your new minox formula?