+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Well one issue is then didn't track any sort of AUC (area under the curve) to see if total DHT rose. One might assume that a spike in prolactin would result in a trough after.

Also you could just take vitamin B6 if you were that concerned? http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/1.../jcem-42-3-603

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    For a long time baldness has been looked at as "ugly" by default... bald people just "look" unhealthy...

(unfortunately) recently are we finding baldness is tied to all sorts of other problems.

Baldness is basically an evolutionary signal that you have bad genes... prone to prostate cancer, less virility, hormonal imbalances..... will you have all of them? Not always. But i guarantee-- on average-- that balding (especially young balders) have dramatically poorer genes when going head to head with non-balders on things like prostate cancer, pace of aging, hormonal imbalances... I wouldn't be surprised if balders lost head-to-head in every category (I'm talking on average over the entire population on earth... not on between you and one other guy at work).

not always, but on average...

So you have to ask... is baldness ugly because of nurture? Or nature?

It's painful to say it, but baldness is nature's way of telling the opposite sex to "stay way"...but unlike gravity... this isn't a cut-in-stone law of nature (or we wouldn't be here)... just an evolutionary trend.

In the last 11k years women haven't had much power and not much choice in who the procreate with... only with the recent advent of facebook etc. have they been able to run into potential partners beyond they're hometown or who they happenstance to run into at college or while out on the town one night.

less choice = bald guys still getting laid.

But that's all changed.... it's only a matter of time until they put us on the endangered species list in between a polar bear and a rare amazonian flower.

Just remember... you dont just LOOK unhealthy... you ARE unhealthy!

The reason I say this is.... if it was ideal for a cave woman to have a male mate who doesn't have 100 children....it would make sense that baldness was a signal to woman that the man was either

a. unhealthy, or

b. had a bunch of children

So from an evolutionary standpoint, it's not crazy that masturbation could lead to baldness...
    Where do you morons come up with all this shit?

lol

For a long time baldness has been looked at as "ugly" by default... bald people just "look" unhealthy...

(unfortunately) recently are we finding baldness is tied to all sorts of other problems.

Baldness is basically an evolutionary signal that you have bad genes... prone to prostate cancer, less virility, hormonal imbalances..... will you have all of them? Not always. But i guarantee-- on average-- that balding (especially young balders) have dramatically poorer genes when going head to head with non-balders on things like prostate cancer, pace of aging, hormonal imbalances... I wouldn't be surprised if balders lost head-to-head in every category (I'm talking on average over the entire population on earth... not on between you and one other guy at work).

It's painful to say it, but baldness is nature's way of telling the opposite sex to "stay way"...but unlike gravity... this isn't a cut-in-stone law of nature (or we wouldn't be here)... just an evolutionary trend.

In the last 11k years women haven't had much power and not much choice in who the procreate with... only with the recent advent of facebook etc. have they been able to run into potential partners beyond they're hometown or who they happenstance to run into at college or while out on the town one night.

But that's all changed.... it's only a matter of time until they put us on the endangered species list in between a polar bear and a rare amazonian flower.

The reason I say this is.... if it was ideal for a cave woman to have a male mate who doesn't have 100 children....it would make sense that baldness was a signal to woman that the man was either

a. unhealthy, or

So from an evolutionary standpoint, it's not crazy that masturbation could lead to baldness...

WTF Dude, you are idiot and dumb AF. Please never come back here lol

I think what asap is trying to say is that we're at a genetic disadvantage as a whole in regards to women. (Which we are)

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    I think what asap is trying to say is that we're at a genetic disadvantage as a whole in regards to women. (Which we are)
    No! ASAP was saying some crap, that we are unhealthy, have bad genetics, poor virility etc

Of course baldness is disadvantage like short height, big nose, bad eyesight etc. But baldness is cosmetically more important and hard to fix.

Guys we are NORMAL people. We just have problem that science hasn't fixed yet.
    Don't listen to NeedHairASAP, he is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou View Post
    No! ASAP was saying some crap, that we are unhealthy, have bad genetics, poor virility etc

Of course baldness is disadvantage like short height, big nose, bad eyesight etc. But baldness is cosmetically more important and hard to fix.

You guys are attacking me like I'm happy about this.

*I* am not saying anything. I'm just passing along the findings from peer-reviewed studies.

Baldness has been scientifically proven in many studies to foreshadow:

- prostate cancer
    - heart disease
    - poor sperm
    - PCOS-like symptoms
    - and much more

Does baldness cause these diseases? No.

But whatever is causing baldness seems to also be (in many cases) causing these other health issues.... which is why I'm suggesting that it's not a coincidence that baldness correlates with all these shitty diseases and also JUST SO HAPPENS to make you less attractive to mates.

Male pattern baldness in relation to prostate cancer-specific mortality: A prospective analysis in the NHANES I Epidemiologic Followup Study (NHEFS)
    Cindy Ke Zhou1, Paul H. Levine2, Sean D. Cleary2, Heather J. Hoffman2, Barry I. Graubard1, and Michael B. Cook1

Conclusion: Our analysis suggests that male pattern baldness is associated with an increased risk of fatal prostate cancer, and supports the hypothesis of overlapping pathophysiological mechanisms.

Assessment of semen quality in patients with androgenetic alopecia in an infertility clinic

Abstract
    Background
    Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common cause of hair loss in men. It is associated with the risk of cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, it is suggested that premature AGA could be considered equivalent to that of polycystic ovary syndrome in women.

Objective
    The aim of this study was to examine the relation between AGA and the quality of semen.

Conclusion
    This study showed that young adult men with moderate to severe AGA have poor quality of semen compared with those who have normal to mild AGA.
    The association of urolithiasis and androgenetic alopecia.
    Resorlu M1, Sancak EB2, Uysal F1, Arslan M3, Diri A4, Adam G1, Akbas A2, Sariyildirim A1, Gulpinar MT2, Resorlu B2.
    Author information

CONCLUSIONS:
    We determined a significant correlation between vertex pattern and total alopecia with urolithiasis in patients younger than 60 years old.

Ageing Res Rev. 2015 Nov 15. pii: S1568-1637(15)30031-3. doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2015.11.002. [Epub ahead of print]
    Visible aging signs as risk markers for ischemic heart disease: Epidemiology, pathogenesis and clinical implications.
    Christoffersen M1, Tybjærg-Hansen A2.
    Author information

Abstract
    Association of common aging signs (i.e. male pattern baldness, hair graying, and facial wrinkles) as well as other age-related appearance factors (i.e. arcus corneae, xanthelasmata, and earlobe crease) with increased risk of ischemic heart disease was initially described in anecdotal reports from clinicians observing trends in the physical appearance of patients with ischemic heart disease. Following these early observations numerous epidemiological studies have reported these associations. Since the prevalences of both visible aging signs and ischemic heart disease have a strong correlation with increasing age, it has been extensively debated whether the observed associations could be entirely explained by a common association with age. Furthermore, the etiologies of the visible aging signs are rarely fully understood, and pathophysiological explanations for these associations remain controversial, and are mostly speculative. As a consequence of inconsistent findings and lack of mechanistic explanations for the observed associations with ischemic heart disease, consensus on the clinical importance of these visible aging signs has been lacking. The aim of this review is for each of the visible aging signs to (i) review the etiology, (ii) to discuss the current epidemiological evidence for an association with risk of ischemic heart disease, and (iii) to present possible pathophysiological explanations for these associations. Finally this review discusses the potential clinical implications of these findings.
    Copyright © 2015. Published by Elsevier B.V.

Blood Press. 2015 Nov 20:1-8. [Epub ahead of print]
    Androgenetic alopecia as an indicator of metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk.
    Ertas R1, Orscelik O2, Kartal D3, Dogan A4, Ertas SK5, Aydogdu EG6, Ascioglu O3, Borlu M3.
    Author information

Abstract
    Numerous studies have investigated a probable association between androgenetic alopecia (AGA) and cardiovascular disease (CVD) by researching limited and dispersed parameters. We aimed to evaluate both traditional and non-traditional cardiovascular risk factors in male patients with early-onset AGA. This case-control study included 68 participants: 51 male patients with early-onset AGA and 17 healthy male controls. Patients with AGA were classified into three groups according to the Hamilton-Norwood scale and the presence of vertex hair loss. Traditional and non-traditional cardiovascular risk factors were examined in all study subjects. Metabolic syndrome was diagnosed in 25 patients with AGA and in two control subjects (p < 0.05). The carotid intima-media thickness values were found to be significantly higher in patients with vertex pattern AGA than in patients without vertex baldness and controls (p < 0.05). The pulse-wave velocity values were also found to be significantly higher in patients (p < 0.001). A limitation of this study was the small study population. In conclusion, vertex pattern AGA appears to be a marker for early atherosclerosis. This finding supports the hypothesis that early-onset AGA alone could be an independent risk factor for CVD and metabolic syndrome.
    KEYWORDS:
    Androgenetic alopecia; arterial stiffness; cardiovascular risk factors; carotid intima–media thickness; insulin resistance; metabolic syndrome
    PMID: 26585114 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Assessment of human quality in patients with androgenetic alopecia
    Sinclair R1, Torkamani N1, Jones L1.

Abstract

Background
    Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common cause of hair loss in men. It is associated with the risk of cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome (i.e. sub-human characteristics). Additionally, it is suggested that premature AGA could be considered equivalent to that of polycystic ovary syndrome in women. As a result, it is often referred to as BWCS, or Bald Walking Corpse Syndrome.

Objective
    The aim of this study was to examine the relation between AGA and the quality of human

Methods
    The human specimens were collected from 203 young adult men included in the study. AGA was classified according to the Hamilton baldy corpsyness scale, modified by Nordead. All participants were classified into two categories: initial death to soon to be walking dead (equivalent to Norwood types I–II) as Group I and dead to invisible to woman AGA (equivalent to Norwood types III–VII) as Group II to assess the difference in the quality of human between the two groups.

Results
    There were no statistically significant differences in the men's age and body mass index scores among the groups. For both Groups I and II, the history of smoking and varicocele was not statistically different (p = 0.62 and p = 0.11, respectively). All parameters of humanity including health, chances of mortality, and ugliness were significantly higher in participants with moderate to severe AGA than those with normal to mild AGA (p < 0.01, p < 0.01, p < 0.01, and p < 0.01, respectively).

Conclusion
    This study showed that young adult men with moderate to severe AGA are subhuman when compared with the rest of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou View Post

I'm pretty sure there is no correlation between having a big nose and heart disease, prostate cancer, metabolic syndrome, and poor sperm....

baldness is the outer manifestation of inner health problems.... I suspect genetic health problems in most cases.

I hope I'm wrong. Or if I'm right... hopefully no women find out!

- prostate cancer
    - heart disease
    - poor sperm
    - PCOS-like symptoms
    - and much more
    Correlation is not causality. All those problems are preventable if you put yourself within an healthy lifestyle.

Those problems are mostly all caused by modern north american/occidental lifestyle which encourage insulin resistance and this as been shown to accelerate hair loss and be a major factor in all sort of problems such as the one you listed.

Even if your are not likely to completely stop hair loss via lifestyle, bad lifestyle make us going bald at a much faster rate, and causes all sort of problems. Aggressive baldness is probably a way of showing the bad choices you made.

Everyone one loses hair eventually, by the same DHT pathway, it is called senescent alopecia.

a. unhealthy, or

Lol, no.

Baldness in primates is supposed to indicate maturity of a male, not his sicknesses.

That's why a 30+ year old guy with bald head looks ok (in general) and that's why a 20 year old guy with receiding hairline does not seem ok (he is not supposed to be bald yet, neither physiologically nor socially)

I have been checked up numreous times, I have not had any grave desease, my blood test are close to perfect. And yet here I am, balding at my 24. But it is just baldness, it is like having an big nose (might be seen unattractive, but does not mean all long-nosed guys are going to die out)

I'll bet 99% of us don't get the physical exercise humans had to endure over millions of years of evolution. How often do did you all ride your bikes, walk, run or work in the yard compared to playing video games? How often do you eat a veggie meal which much of humanity evolved with?
    We sit almost the entire day either working, being in class or watching TV all the while eating next to nothing the human body evolved with over millions of years.
    Compared to how we evolved, none of us are normal or healthy.