Threaded View

Exclamation Masturbation can cause more hair loss/DHT to those who are genetically prone to it.

Hello everyone,

First of all, please read to the end before posting your opinion about how shit this is. I am here to show you information that might help you. I am benefitting nothing from it.

I want to show you two studies. Study #1 shows that orgasm leads to significantly more DHT. Study #2 is about a boost in the 5-alpha-reductase, so also more DHT. There are more studies about this, but I will just talk about two.

Let's start with study #1:
    Endocrine effects of masturbation in men.
    The levels of pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHA), androstenedione, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), oestrone, oestradiol, cortisol and luteinizing hormone (LH) were measured in the peripheral plasma of a group of young, apparently healthy males before and after masturbation. The same steroids were also determined in a control study, in which the psychological antipation of masturbation was encouraged, but the physical act was not carried out. The plasma levels of all steroids were significantly increased after masturbation, whereas steroid levels remained unchanged in the control study. The most marked changes after masturbation were observed in pregnenolone and DHA levels. No alterations were observed in the plasma levels of LH. Both before and after masturbation plasma levels of testosterone were significantly correlated to those of DHT and oestradiol, but not to those of the other steroids studied. On the other hand, cortisol levels were significantly correlated to those of pregnenolone, DHA, androstenedione and oestrone. In the same subjects, the levels of pregnenolone, DHA, androstenedione, testosterone and DHT, androstenedione and oestrone. In the same subjects, the levels of pregnenolone, DHA, androstenedione, testosterone and DHT in seminal plasma were also estimated; they were all significantly correlated to the levels of the corresponding steroid in the systemic blood withdrawn both before and after masturbation. As a practical consequence, the results indicate that whenever both blood and semen are analysed, blood sampling must precede semen collection.
    Link to study #1: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135817

Study #2 is something I wrote, with real studies to back it up:
    As a balding young man, I have done alot of research and I've learned alot about DHT. To keep it short; more testosteron(stopping PMO) does not directly mean more or less DHT. Here is why:
    Testosteron is converted to DHT by the 5-alfa-reductase enzym. However, since the conversion is done with a ezyme, more testosteron does not mean more or less DHT. Since an enzym can do 'this' much work.

What I do know about MPB and masturbation is the following.
    When you orgasm you hit a dopamine peak. When the dopamine is at it's peak the hormone prolactine will shoot up. This is also the hormone that makes you makes you not want to masturbate again right after your first one session. Prolactine can contribute to more hair loss, since it will make the 5-alfa-reductase enzym go nuts and convert alot of testosteron to DHT.

This can be one extra hair or a few hunderd, this is not known since there is no study done to measure this.

TL;DR: high dopamine spike --> release of prolactine --> 5-alfa-reductase enzym goes into overdrive --> more testosteron getting converted to DHT = less testosteron left and more DHT, so more hair loss
    Study about study #2: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11835982

So what does this mean?
    Masturbation causes more DHT, and a more converting 5-alpha-reductase enzym, which also means more DHT. For me, and everybody else on this forum, this is means that we will lose more hair. I don't know if it is one hair over ten years, or ten hairs in a week. I just know that it will, since the studies are there. This however does not mean that stopping masurbation leads to getting a full head of hair again, it just means you will lose it slower.

What do you guys think?