+ Reply to Thread

Default Why viviscal gets a bad reputation

Many think that viviscal will grow new hair. They buy it, don't grow new hair, and claim it's a snake oil. Do you guys even read the box!? It says promotes EXISTING hair growth.... Meaning it may thicken up EXISTING hair

You have to be mighty stupid to pay 50 a month for a vitamin. I can buy some daily multivitamin with those exact same things plus more for a tiny tiny fraction of that cost. I guess if you like wasting your money go for it and then send me some. Ill send you some vitamins that help your hair
    You could even buy all those supplements separately for cheaper even though you would go bald even with them just like all other men taking a daily vitamin.
    If you define snake oil as a scam that claims to help hair but wont then this is certainly a scam along with every other hair vitamin product because there are a TON of them

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    You have to be mighty stupid to pay 50 a month for a vitamin. I can buy some daily multivitamin with those exact same things plus more for a tiny tiny fraction of that cost. I guess if you like wasting your money go for it and then send me some. Ill send you some vitamins that help your hair
    You could even buy all those supplements separately for cheaper even though you would go bald even with them just like all other men taking a daily vitamin.
    If you define snake oil as a scam that claims to help hair but wont then this is certainly a scam along with every other hair vitamin product because there are a TON of them
    Find a hair vitamin with the aminoMar protein

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    Find a hair vitamin with the aminoMar protein
    Viviscal is shit. There's a reason experts don't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Viviscal is shit. There's a reason experts don't recommend it.
    Alan Bauman does.... He's considered the best in the field

Quote Originally Posted by Pavi View Post
    Alan Bauman does.... He's considered the best in the field
    tried it for a year straight and didn't notice a single difference in hair thickness or density... and trust me, I pay CLOSE attention

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    tried it for a year straight and didn't notice a single difference in hair thickness or density... and trust me, I pay CLOSE attention
    So you took it for a year and your hair stayed the exact same? How is that not a win.....

I don't know if you realize but Viviscal isn't FDA approved for efficacy. In fact it had its advertisements pulled from the UK after its claims were ruled to be untrue. The study's for Viviscal are also absolutely terrible, among as badly done as it gets.

If Viviscal had had real benefit you would see success stories like you do on min, fin, dut, ru, cb etc.

It's a huge waste of money. And don't give me that it promotes existing hair bs, any protein promotes existing hair.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    I don't know if you realize but Viviscal isn't FDA approved for efficacy. In fact it had its advertisements pulled from the UK after its claims were ruled to be untrue. The study's for Viviscal are also absolutely terrible, among as badly done as it gets.

If Viviscal had had real benefit you would see success stories like you do on min, fin, dut, ru, cb etc.

It's a huge waste of money. And don't give me that it promotes existing hair bs, any protein promotes existing hair.
    1) the FDA can't approve it because there is no drug it in... It's a vitamin.

2) just because people on this forum don't have success means little to nothing. This form makes up a fraction of people battling hair loss. People on this form think minoxidil does nothing simply beciase it didn't work for them. Does that mean minoxidil is useless? No... See my point? Just because people on here don't claim it works doesn't mean that's 100% true. Same holds for LLLT

Not just this forum, any forum.

You won't find one real success story with Viviscal anywhere. You will for minoxidil because it actually works.

I wasn't aware it had no drug in it at all, I assumed it did based on the company having ads pulled for false claims.

I guess I should have realized if it was a drug it would have been trialed to prove it actually does something.

If you want to pay 50 bucks a month for shinier and slightly thicker hairs that aren't affected by mpb go for it. It'll probably accentuate the thin hairs lol. Just like having equal length side hairs does.