Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomgreencheesyman
    • Jan 2016

Transplant from other donor...but with a twist

I was curious, i have had an organ transplant and am currently taking immunosuppressants. I have started losing my hair and that had me thinking. What would stop me from getting donor hair from another person or cadaver? Would this even be possible? That is assuming i could find a physician willing to do it...Baldness sucks
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by tomgreencheesyman
    I was curious, i have had an organ transplant and am currently taking immunosuppressants. I have started losing my hair and that had me thinking. What would stop me from getting donor hair from another person or cadaver? Would this even be possible? That is assuming i could find a physician willing to do it...Baldness sucks
    definitely not possible at all... perhaps in 10-20 years.

Comment

• tomgreencheesyman
      • Jan 2016

Can you explain why?

Comment

• jamesst11
        • Jun 2014

rejection

Comment

• AlexieJ
          • Jan 2016

I'm also thinking of the same thing, but no matter how I think of it I don't think it will be possible not even in the next decade.

Comment

• alex777
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by jamesst11
            rejection
            Well, as per americanhairloss.org/surgical_hair_restoration/understanding_hair_transplants.asp:

In general, it is believed that hair transplanted from one person to another will be rejected unless anti-rejection medications are taken for life
            He did say he's on immunosuppressants. Not sure if it's the same thing though.

Comment

Working...