+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

You should check it again but I was more interested about the "many million who take the drug"

Estimates were just over 1 million in the US alone and that was brand name from Merck.

FDA numbers right here, 421 reports, not all of those measly 421 were even persistent. Drug is vastly over fear mongered. I trust this data over online garbage any day.

Not saying it's not potentially dangerous for some, but some people here act like you pop it once and your dick falls off.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/.../ucm299754.htm

Could you give me a link of those estimates ? Its not that I do not believe; I just keep hearing this claim about many milions.
    Do you intentionally misinterpret numbers cause you are a user and it makes you feel better ?
    421 is the number from 2012 and it includes only sexual dysfunction.And lets not forget that every country has an agency like that. BTW have you ever tried to post a complain to FDA ? Its not exactly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by topt View Post
    Could you give me a link of those estimates ? Its not that I do not believe; I just keep hearing this claim about many milions.
    Do you intentionally misinterpret numbers cause you are a user and it makes you feel better ?
    421 is the number from 2012 and it includes only sexual dysfunction.And lets not forget that every country has an agency like that. BTW have you ever tried to post a complain to FDA ? Its not exactly easy.
    The drug has been around since 1997 and it has 421 reports all the way up to 2012, going by that trend what is it now? 425?

Here's your link mister paranoid.

http://www.holdthehairline.com/does-propecia-work/

Look at actual research instead of being paranoid about everything you hear and decide for yourself.

That or be bald and only be able to pull fat chicks. Ain't nobody here Vin Diesel.

Did you know people die every year from Tylenol and aspirin? Guess I'll have to suffer headaches in case I'm the 0.1%

I also don't appreciate you acting as if I may misrepresent facts because I use it.

Go look at my post history, I have only informed people of the actual risks and facts, not made up online anecdotes.

Nothing I posted is an opinion, these are facts based on real data. Anyone can go online and say there dick fell off to get some lawsuit money.

You probably already know my story from my venting, but here goes anyhow:

- fin since last march (10 months)
    - first three months I could become aroused and climax, however with much softer, smaller erections
    - watery semen, rapidly fluctuating libido ( some weeks masterbation / sex 2 times a day, some weeks not at ALL)
    - Rapid hair loss since starting associated with
    - MPB itch, the feeling of ants crawling under my scalp (which is literally the feeling of blood moving very slowly through vessels) and oily hair line
    - scalp scabs associated with MPB itch
    - bouts of HORRIBLE insomnia (NO, not from anxiety, from finasteride)
    - then, bouts of over sleeping

So, in my personal experience, finasteride is the f*cking devil... haha.. BUT, it has done remarkable things for other people, so in trying to be more selfless, I would say it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    The drug has been around since 1997 and it has 421 reports all the way up to 2012, going by that trend what is it now? 425?

Here's your link mister paranoid.

http://www.holdthehairline.com/does-propecia-work/

Look at actual research instead of being paranoid about everything you hear and decide for yourself.

That or be bald and only be able to pull fat chicks. Ain't nobody here Vin Diesel.

Did you know people die every year from Tylenol and aspirin? Guess I'll have to suffer headaches in case I'm the 0.1%
    No, it had 421 reports of sexual dysfunction until 2012 in the USA.Sexual dysfunction would not be on the top of my list of potential problems with this drug.

you want some real data ?
    Lets start here
    Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with AGA is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased
    http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/arti...icleid=2212246
    Finasteride is a drug for hypersexuality
    http://www.alzheimersanddementia.com...554-5/abstract
    Those 2 informations alone are enough for me to look the other way and run.

Real data would be clinical trials lasting years, not a stupid analysis lol. You're probably not in the medical field so you don't really understand how information is valued and categorized.

Read the last sentence In your hyper sexuality link lol... You really have no clue man.

Neither of those are considered reputable in the medical field. It's a meta analysis sponsored by who? The PFS foundation. That's known as a conflict of interest in medicine. I'm a biologist and my older brother has a PhD, we've both looked over all credible data. The drug is generally safe with possible risks, like any other serious medication. Propecia isn't special. If you want to avoid it for your health that is entirely your right, but don't exaggerate nonsense when other people here may want to at least try to stop their hair loss.

Personally for me, I'd rather live my young years happy then live to be 80 anyway. I'm willing to take the slight risk for that, as are many others.

Hell it doesn't even work for everyone, look at James. That can happen, I'm not denying possible sides. I'm just looking at known respected data and giving my personal experience. But you apparently want to derail the thread with your nonsense.

I even stated I have mild side effects. To me those aren't nearly as bad as my psychological side effects of losing hair.

That's what medicine is, a risk vs benefit assessment.