+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Finasteride didn't work for you? So, did DUT?

Who among you had an opposite reaction to fin (more aggressive hair loss) and switched to dutasteride? I just took my first pill. The last 10 months have been living hell on fin. Has anyone had a positive experience doing this or am I just foolish?

** THIS IS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT MAY BENEFIT SEVERAL PEOPLE SO INPUT IS REQUIRED!!**

What do u mean by more aggressive hair loss?

so for me, fin slowed down my hairloss, but its still progressing. i switched to a topical fin bc the pill is just not doing it for me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Who among you had an opposite reaction to fin (more aggressive hair loss) and switched to dutasteride? I just took my first pill. The last 10 months have been living hell on fin. Has anyone had a positive experience doing this or am I just foolish?

** THIS IS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT MAY BENEFIT SEVERAL PEOPLE SO INPUT IS REQUIRED!!**

Quote Originally Posted by startedAT16 View Post
    What do u mean by more aggressive hair loss?
    I mean - I had a stable crown for 33 years, just a little thin and 10 months on fin and it's almost completely bald... the rest of my head went from diffused thin, but somewhat manageable to horrible diffused. I now have a pretty thin comb over all over my top scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    so for me, fin slowed down my hairloss, but its still progressing. i switched to a topical fin bc the pill is just not doing it for me anymore.
    You think topical fin will be any better? where are you getting it from? I just ordered the 15% minox w/ fin, progesterone, hydrocortisone and azeliac acid from murray apothecary. It's a cream. I am going to stay on DUT and use this cream. If this sh*t doesn't work, my hair is done for.

What's up James, haven't talked to you in a while. I know you know my experience with fin. After a year had basically a reflex and shed 300 hairs a day with massive scalp burning itching pain etc..

I've been taking brand name avodart now for about 4.5 months. I noticed no reduction of scalp oil really and still get little pimples on the back of my scalp (probably seb derm).. However, my scalp pain in the left temple is nearly gone, but the right is still receding and has some itching to it..

I'll tell you that I feel 100% better on dutasteride and have ZERO SIDES. My extreme libido that actually became frustrating leveled out to normal within the first maybe 2 weeks. Id say it does help when fin can't. I also got dut powder from a gb so that I can up my dose if .5 gives in on me seeing as I have no sides.

Just give duta a little bit because you'll see some signs with your body telling you it's working. Unfortunately, I still shed about 15 hairs showering and another 40 blow drying.

But yeah, in my opinion, it can definitely help when fin f***** you over.

ZIGGY!!! What's up brother? I was wondering where you have been. Especially ever since my experience on finasteride, for TEN months, started to mirror yours. In my opinion finasteride is f*cking bullsh*t and I hate that crap! haha... it has screwed me BIG TIME. Are you seeing any regrowth on dutasteride? I can't believe it's gotten to the point where I am taking this, but I have run out of options. What is dutasteride powder? How did you get that prescribed to you?

Yeah bro, fin in my eyes is a far worse drug.. Don't ask me why, but I just feel better on dutasteride. No regrowth really.. Actually, the back of my scalp started getting thin and that filled in it seems in just four months. Caught that one early though lol. My temples are slowly receding, but the short minaturized hairs actually are growing out longer on dutasteride.

Dutasteride powder is basically just dutasteride in powder form lol. I bought 10 grams of it so I'll literally never run out. I still take avodart, but like I said if I need to up my dose, it won't break my wallet.

Before I got on dut though I took a 2 month break from AA's so idk if that somehow let me reset in a way from the bad effects of fin? Anyway, dut may be helping and it takes a lot for me to say that. Going to Wait til 6 month mark to Reevaluate if I'm doing better.

Are you on a legit generic? Give it like two weeks of ED usage and you should feel if your responding at all. You really won't see results til 6-12 months just like fin. I started getting less of an itch this month actually so it def takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post

I'm just curious, do you have any before and after photos from using Fin, because I am contemplating going on Fin myself, but if it's as bad as you claim it is then I will definitely need to reconsider!

Quote Originally Posted by Balding Bad View Post
    I'm just curious, do you have any before and after photos from using Fin, because I am contemplating going on Fin myself, but if it's as bad as you claim it is then I will definitely need to reconsider!
    I don't do the before after photo thing because I am still ashamed of all my mistakes and need to come to terms with that. You will just have to take my word on it. Most people on here have heard my story and there's absolutely no reason I would dramatize or make anything up... my hair is complete shit. That being said - don't take my situation as the standard, because apparently it's not. There are a lot of other people that have had the same effects as me, such as Ziggy and you can find this documented all over the internet, BUT there are tons of success stories too. If you really value your hair and if you are seriously losing it, then fin or dut is all you have (definitely try fin for at least 10 months first)... with minoxidil. It's all you can do brother. good luck.