+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default should i , anything will help :)

Hello everyone , i am new to this, my name is julian, sadly im here to talk to you about my story. Although i am sad ,i am also very glad because i know that i am not alone and that soon on the horizon "repicel" and hopefully histogen in 2 years will help me out . For now im here to tell you my story and i am hoping that you all can help me and give me advice on what my steps forward should be. Well like my name says i am 16. Ive always had struggles in my life with bulling, when i was a kid i used to get bullied for being fat. A couple years ago i hit the gym and about 7 months ago i was 5"11 195 pounds. I had messed up teeth, in 2 months i will get my braces off and i am so excited. I want to be a astrophysicist when i grow up and work for nasa and hopefully be a great dad and husband. Everything in my life was going in a good direction until about 7 months ago on a Mexico trip. I got really sick to my stomach and 2 weeks later when i came back from Mexico i had dropped 20 pounds , from 195 to 175 in a matter of 2 weeks, when i came back to the u.s my stomach pains went away and i thought i was okay but never in a million years i would have thought that... my hair would start falling out. 1st week of august one day i was just showering and my hands were just filled with hair , and sadly 6 months later it hasnt stopped. Im literally shedding all day , i try to move my hair around , 2 or 3 hairs, i shower, 70 hairs, i comb my hair , more hairs . To be honest i probably lose around 150 hairs a day , maybe sometimes more , sometimes less but no less than 100 hairs a day. Ive been to my gp and everything is normal, everything! Thyroid , nothing. I had my testosterone levels checked( i wanted my dht levels checked but she said they were unnecessary , if i remember correctly my testosterone levels came out to about 550 i think. Ive been to my dermo and he had my scalp biopsy done last friday and i hope to get my results this friday when i go. Im really scared about these results ,i really do not want male pattern baldness, but if i do , i need your help,. I turn 17 tomorrow , January 12th, what a great 17th birthday right . Ive heard and read about aggressive mpb , can someone explain to me what it is, im really scared because ive also read that aggressive mpb is basically not going to be able to be reversed , even if i were to take propecia( until histogen comes to at least mexico which if im not mistaken should be late 2017 at the earliest if they get the deal to start phase 3 i think this year in mexico. My dad is a norwood 5 or 4a or b , im not so familiarized with the norwood scale, but he started balding at the age of 35 and now is stabalized at 45 , im 17 , but this started at 16 and a half. My dermotologist recommended propecia? What do u think based upon your experience if i should take propecia at age 17, what if i take .5 mg every third or second day for the first 5 months then slowly bump it up? I just want your advice on if you guys think this is a safe drug for a kid my age . Will taking rogaine , propecia , vitamin b supplements and nizoral 2% shampoo just be not enough to even stabalize my hair loss until histogen can come out with its product? Please help me because i feel hopeless. Ill say im still a norwood 1 maybe even less at the temples after 6 months but i have shedding across the whole top of the scalp . I am just really scared because i know kids in highschool are so judgemental to say the least. I spend all my days crying at home because i feel lonely. My family says they are with me 100 of the way and im greatfull for them , if i was 25 and this started happening i would honestly just shave it because by that time i would not have to look at the same 3 thousand people in the face everyday and have them stare or look at me weird. Im so happy i joined this site so i can relate to you all. Please i am soooo sorry for this long story and i hope you can forgive me for the disturbance but i honestly need your guys help... if you could please help me with my questions above that would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. If you have any further questions i will gladly answer them

Quote Originally Posted by startedAT16 View Post
    Hello everyone , i am new to this, my name is julian, sadly im here to talk to you about my story. Although i am sad ,i am also very glad because i know that i am not alone and that soon on the horizon "repicel" and hopefully histogen in 2 years will help me out . For now im here to tell you my story and i am hoping that you all can help me and give me advice on what my steps forward should be. Well like my name says i am 16. Ive always had struggles in my life with bulling, when i was a kid i used to get bullied for being fat. A couple years ago i hit the gym and about 7 months ago i was 5"11 195 pounds. I had messed up teeth, in 2 months i will get my braces off and i am so excited. I want to be a astrophysicist when i grow up and work for nasa and hopefully be a great dad and husband. Everything in my life was going in a good direction until about 7 months ago on a Mexico trip. I got really sick to my stomach and 2 weeks later when i came back from Mexico i had dropped 20 pounds , from 195 to 175 in a matter of 2 weeks, when i came back to the u.s my stomach pains went away and i thought i was okay but never in a million years i would have thought that... my hair would start falling out. 1st week of august one day i was just showering and my hands were just filled with hair , and sadly 6 months later it hasnt stopped. Im literally shedding all day , i try to move my hair around , 2 or 3 hairs, i shower, 70 hairs, i comb my hair , more hairs . To be honest i probably lose around 150 hairs a day , maybe sometimes more , sometimes less but no less than 100 hairs a day. Ive been to my gp and everything is normal, everything! Thyroid , nothing. I had my testosterone levels checked( i wanted my dht levels checked but she said they were unnecessary , if i remember correctly my testosterone levels came out to about 550 i think. Ive been to my dermo and he had my scalp biopsy done last friday and i hope to get my results this friday when i go. Im really scared about these results ,i really do not want male pattern baldness, but if i do , i need your help,. I turn 17 tomorrow , January 12th, what a great 17th birthday right . Ive heard and read about aggressive mpb , can someone explain to me what it is, im really scared because ive also read that aggressive mpb is basically not going to be able to be reversed , even if i were to take propecia( until histogen comes to at least mexico which if im not mistaken should be late 2017 at the earliest if they get the deal to start phase 3 i think this year in mexico. My dad is a norwood 5 or 4a or b , im not so familiarized with the norwood scale, but he started balding at the age of 35 and now is stabalized at 45 , im 17 , but this started at 16 and a half. My dermotologist recommended propecia? What do u think based upon your experience if i should take propecia at age 17, what if i take .5 mg every third or second day for the first 5 months then slowly bump it up? I just want your advice on if you guys think this is a safe drug for a kid my age . Will taking rogaine , propecia , vitamin b supplements and nizoral 2% shampoo just be not enough to even stabalize my hair loss until histogen can come out with its product? Please help me because i feel hopeless. Ill say im still a norwood 1 maybe even less at the temples after 6 months but i have shedding across the whole top of the scalp . I am just really scared because i know kids in highschool are so judgemental to say the least. I spend all my days crying at home because i feel lonely. My family says they are with me 100 of the way and im greatfull for them , if i was 25 and this started happening i would honestly just shave it because by that time i would not have to look at the same 3 thousand people in the face everyday and have them stare or look at me weird. Im so happy i joined this site so i can relate to you all. Please i am soooo sorry for this long story and i hope you can forgive me for the disturbance but i honestly need your guys help... if you could please help me with my questions above that would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou. If you have any further questions i will gladly answer them
    Don't touch propecia until at the very least 18 without trying Rogaine first.

Use rogaine twice a day and Nizoral shampoo twice a week. Once you turn 18 start to look at propecia if nothing better comes by then.

Rogaine holds most people above or at baseline for at least a year or 2.

Supplements are a waste of money and do nothing for MPB.

If after 6 months on Rogaine you're still thinning consider propecia. Just understand the risks involved with altering hormones.

Propecia certainly works for most guys. Thickened my hair nicely and I've not lost any hair since. But it has its down sides. My libido took a noticeable hit and I'm often fatigued.

To summarize: Propecia is the best attack we have, but it's not exactly healthy In my opinion. To me the risks are worth keeping my hair for now. It's up to you to decide with your dermatologist if it's right for you.

Wanted to let you know that you won't like hair loss any more at 25 or even 40. It sucks period.

Thankyou for the advice , what if its agressive mpb though? Ive read that the agressive type is basically impossible to treat since my follicles are so sensitive to dht , is that true because im scared rhat rogaine and nizoral might not work for me if thats the case?im hoping you can clear some of these fears of mine up

Losing 100-150 hairs a day is perfectly normal. You have nothing to worry about. In fact that's what healthy individuals that don't have MOB lose on any given day.

Simply not true, I started losing at 17, I'm on propecia and Rogaine I'm still nw2 at 27.

At what age did you get on propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by startedAT16 View Post
    At what age did you get on propecia?
    20 was the first time I ever got on it.

Were you losing alot of hair before you were on rogaine ? Did you shed alot? I just hope rogaine and nizoral can work for me because people are scaring me telling me that not even propecia or rogaine can help those agressive mpb sufferers

I went from nw0 to nw2 in a year. I'm still nw2 10 years later so i would say it helps to do something yes.

Thankyou so much for your information , means more than you think, im struggling so much in school. At home. With friends. My social life is going down the drain. What a great birthday im having right