+ Reply to Thread

Default help please, scalp itch from dandruff or MPB itch?

does MPB have a itch involved? I have read that it has but then it doesn't. I am nit sure if I have the MPB itch or dandruff, my scalp has been itchy lately and ive scratched alot and lost a lot of hairs. when I see tbe hairs ive lost there is always scalp or flakes so im not too sure and I know part of the problem is because after I shower there will still be shampoo in my hair but can it dry up and cause scalp irratation and make it itch?

I would just think its normal dandruff unless your actually going bald. If your not getting more bald where its itching at than its not related to MPB. I would think dandruff and itchy head is a lot more common than the MPB itch a lot of people get. I am someone that does get the MPB itch though. It usually goes away for me the day I shower, but comes back the next day or two. Everyone is different though

See its really hard to tell but my head is literally itchy all over even around the nape area or around the ears just random places also I suffer from eczema but can you get that on the scalp and by me scratching will these hairs not grow back?

Most likely just dandruff, but I've heard there is a "MPB itch" and it feels like a burning sensation? I get an itchy feeling all over my scalp, back, sides, top, temples and the itch is definitely not a burning sensation.

Though the doctors don't believe it but I am telling u my own expereience. If u are balding very aggressively then itch will be there. And balding in men is usually due to mpb.

Thanks guys for tbe replies, and thank you Rashid a biopsey is definitely not a bad idea buy will they be able to tell if its inflammation from MPB or just dandruff and eczema? Also I the itchiness is all over, however I do have a thinning spot near my cowlick and I itch there the most. Could it be that it gets irratated and itches because on that specific spot I apply shampoo most and when having some on my scalp when I get oUT the shower causes it tk dry up and itch?