+ Reply to Thread

Default Losing transplanted grafts? How to tell?

Just a bit curious about this one since a human mind always finds something to think about lol

So I am on my 20 day post op now and everything is going the way the doctors have thought . Scabs are gone , some transplanted hairs are falling out and I am starting to look like I was before transplanted.

Just wondering how do you tell if anybody has lost any transplated grafts with follicle? Does it bleed? Or a stingy feeling like a needle poke?

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Just a bit curious about this one since a human mind always finds something to think about lol

So I am on my 20 day post op now and everything is going the way the doctors have thought . Scabs are gone , some transplanted hairs are falling out and I am starting to look like I was before transplanted.

Just wondering how do you tell if anybody has lost any transplated grafts with follicle? Does it bleed? Or a stingy feeling like a needle poke?
    I've not heard of any sort of specific "feeling" when this happens but when you lose a graft, it typically happens during the first week due to a number of reasons. Usually it will occur during sleep and when the patient wakes up they will see a dried "line" of blood that starts in the recipient zone and ends on the pillow Other times it can be a larger spot of scabbing that formed overnight or sometime during the day but bleeding is always involved. The way I've always described it is that if you have to ask, then you most likely have not had a graft come out as it will be fairly obvious.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I lost one graft in the first week and it looked just like it did when it was implanted. It looks like a cylinder of skin at the bottom and there was a tiny hole in my scalp. I was really worried about this too but it was unmistakable, you cant miss it