+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Best shampoo and conditioner for MPB?

I'm looking to buy a shampoo and conditioner for regular use and I was hoping I could get some recommendations.

I used Nizoral regularly for 6 months and I think I over did, as my hair became very brittle and has taken a fried/straw quality. So I'm looking to take a break and give my hair some breathing space.

I'm looking for a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner for relatively dry hair.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispare View Post
    I'm looking to buy a shampoo and conditioner for regular use and I was hoping I could get some recommendations.

I used Nizoral regularly for 6 months and I think I over did, as my hair became very brittle and has taken a fried/straw quality. So I'm looking to take a break and give my hair some breathing space.

I'm looking for a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner for relatively dry hair.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    I would recommend an argon oil based shampoo and conditioner. I was in the same boat with Nizoral and it helped me tremendously. Plenty of brands work, just make sure they have argon oil. Aloe vera and emu oil would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    I would recommend an argon oil based shampoo and conditioner. I was in the same boat with Nizoral and it helped me tremendously. Plenty of brands work, just make sure they have argon oil. Aloe vera and emu oil would be a bonus.
    Thanks.

Any brands in particular you would recommend?

Bioxine shampoo is great!

A buddy of mine recommended that I start using Regenepure DR, which he has been using for years and has DHT blocking ingredients.

I'm planning on ordering it later today, so I haven't actually used it yet, but the reviews I've read seem very promising.

You will see people ranting and raving about regenepure DR all over these forums. I have never used it, maybe I should try? I use "the big 3" shampoo (don't know why it's called that).. but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    nice sharing!!

i recommend you to try Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo also check out the list of some best-shampoo-and-conditioner in 2018 hope you will like it

Quote Originally Posted by kendraallen View Post
    nice sharing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendraallen View Post
    i recommend you to try Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo also check out the list of some best-shampoo-and-conditioner in 2018 hope you will like it
    Both mentioned above are good. My 2 cents - Nioxin

I am thinking about trying a shampoo to see if it helps stop the hair loss. I have always had fine, thin hair, but about 3 months ago I started losing a noticeable amount of hair. I have five brothers who are all bald, so I am worried that if I don't do something now, I may go bald too. I don't want to waste my time and money if hair loss shampoo isn't going to help, so can someone tell me which hair loss shampoo, if any, actually works?