Threaded View

For christ sake, not another one.

How many taunts of egg head, slap head, baldy and chrome dome do you need to realise the shaved head look is just the 90s comb over? The idea that you can just shave away and suddenly become happy is a load of bull. Pumping iron, as I have said countless times already, is a sign of not only giving in to baldness but giving up your life for it too.

No one looks good with a shaved head. No one. When people list the likes of Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis and Billy Zane, they're talking about people who looked better with hair and are UGLY. And to make matters worse, you can't just change your look, you seem to have to change your whole lifestyle to revolve around the gym too.

Baldness is not something you can just shave off. It's ugly and you're stuck with it forever. It's not like being overweight because you can't control it and it's not like having a few spots because they can be covered up. It's like losing an eye or having a huge scar. It is ugly on every sufferer. Get used to it.

Pretending it's okay by becoming a gymnasium meat head (and therefore ditching any personality you used to have in the process) might be great for people who were meat heads anyway, but it doesn't work for me or a great deal of people on the forum. Also, when you list all those shaved headed people, you always list meat head men - I don't want to be a meat head and meat heads aren't my heroes!

So will the shaving society please stop with this terrible, unhelpful advice.

The only way to accept baldness is to accept that you're ugly and to work on the inside. You won't have a great life, but you'll get by in the real world instead of a fantasy one where you think having a shaved head makes you look 'cool' instead of a prat. It's better to be a depressed realist doing what you want with your spare time than some fantasising pillock pumping his pecks.

Most people don't have a great life anyway, so get used to it. At least we don't live in a developing or third world country, we live reasonably comfortable lives and we haven't got severe disabilities. That we have lost our hair and life has lost it's shine is a shame, but we can get by. Life's crap for everyone, it's just ours is that bit more crap than others in the western world.