+ Reply to Thread

Default Is it normal to see this scalp? - Buzzcut

I made a post the other night, but I think these pictures are better. Some are taken under a light with no flash and some under light with flash.

I shaved my hair really short to a buzzcut so I know it's normal to see scalp, but it's the way the pattern is on the top of my head which makes me worry.

I just want to know if it's normal if you don't have MPB that you will see scalp when under a light with short hair like this? Or should my hair be completely thick all over the top of my head. I don't really know what to look for when it comes to MPB. I thought my temples would recede first, and not go thin on the top of my head... I have had the same hairline since I was a kid and unsure if I've lost density on the top of my head as I haven't had my hair this short in ages.

Just to let everyone know I also have a double crown, and I wear a headset a lot so some hair may seem flat near the crown.

22 years old.

This is really starting to effect my life really badly as everyday I'm stressing now and holding up mirrors checking the top of my head all the time. My mum says it only looks a little bit thinner on top and it's probably normal and my Dad just takes the piss out of me saying I'm stupid and should worry about it when it's gone. He's lucky because he still has all his hair...

When I look at my hair on pictures with friends or just selfies that I take I don't think it looks bad at all. Infact, I'm really happy with the way my hair looks, but I see people post pictures of celebs with thick hair and people say they're going bald and then I start to worry because of how mine looks in certain light and angles... especially on top at the moment. I just don't get if this is what thinning is because when my hair is longer I can't really see that pattern of scalp on the top, only now that I buzzed it off.

Bump

it's thinner in the areas typical of an MPB pattern. I would say you have the curse brother. Consider fin and minox. Those two are reportedly very effective on those areas.

that's totally normal man. If you want to feel more confident use two mirrors to see how it looks.

Thanks guys, if anyone else can help out then much appreciated <3

Quote Originally Posted by sergfuller View Post
    Thanks guys, if anyone else can help out then much appreciated <3
    It's pretty clear you're losing your hair. Not only is it thin - and thin in the typical MPB pattern - but you're also receding in the temples. If you want to save what you have left, get on proscar and monoxidil immediately. You're young, which makes your hairloss aggressive, and if you don't do something about it now, you're head for a NW5 by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD View Post
    It is a little thin but overall normal. At this stage I would not be too worried, but an in person exam by an IAHRS doctor would not be a bad idea.
    This is an image of my hair when it's longer than buzz and there's a huge difference. Do you think I suffer from diffuse thinning or is it just light on very short hair?

you have 2 cowlicks, but it's ok. no balding.