+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi Joe Tillman.. Got Questions, Before I See Rahal, Please

Hi, Joe. Can you please reply to my thread.. I'm thinking about seeing Dr. Rahal and I got a few questions for you. Thank you.

Are you talking about the questions you asked in the thread you started two years ago? You've been asking questions about Dr. Rahal for five years now. With all due respect, I don't know what questions I can answer that haven't been answered already. If you have a specific question for me, just ask me.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Are you talking about the questions you asked in the thread you started two years ago? You've been asking questions about Dr. Rahal for five years now. With all due respect, I don't know what questions I can answer that haven't been answered already. If you have a specific question for me, just ask me.
    I've been inquiring about Rahal for a while because although I've been thinning it wasn’t enough to warrant a transplant. Just been on the cusp. But I’ve now thinned enough to schedule one with Rahal. The smart move for me was to prepare my inquiry way in advance instead of waiting at the last minute and end up wasting time. That’s the smart thing to do. Makes sense?

My questions are, do you know when Rahal will visit NYC? And after the transplant procedure, how long is it recommended that I should wait to shampoo my hair? This is important since my scalp is oily and I’m used to shampooing every day. How would this work out? And I read that the stay is normally a week after surgery. Is there a way to shorten the stay to 4 days since I work?

Last question: I was told that its best to get a transplant by Rahal himself instead of a tech from his team to ensure the best transplant possible. Based on this I'd like to get one by Rahal himself. Do you think this is logical?

Quote Originally Posted by koolx View Post
    I've been inquiring about Rahal for a while because although I've been thinning it wasn’t enough to warrant a transplant. Just been on the cusp. But I’ve now thinned enough to schedule one with Rahal. The smart move for me was to prepare my inquiry way in advance instead of waiting at the last minute and end up wasting time. That’s the smart thing to do. Makes sense?

My questions are, do you know when Rahal will visit NYC? And after the transplant procedure, how long is it recommended that I should wait to shampoo my hair? This is important since my scalp is oily and I’m used to shampooing every day. How would this work out? And I read that the stay is normally a week after surgery. Is there a way to shorten the stay to 4 days since I work?

Last question: I was told that its best to get a transplant by Rahal himself instead of a tech from his team to ensure the best transplant possible. Based on this I'd like to get one by Rahal himself. Do you think this is logical?
    1. My questions are, do you know when Rahal will visit NYC?

I have no idea. I don't work for Dr. Rahal and have not for a full year now. You should inquire with the clinic at 1.877.551.2171.

2. And after the transplant procedure, how long is it recommended that I should wait to shampoo my hair? This is important since my scalp is oily and I’m used to shampooing every day. How would this work out? They'll ask you to refrain from washing for a few days but again, this is something you should be asking them. Their post-op requirements may have changed since I left.

3. And I read that the stay is normally a week after surgery. Is there a way to shorten the stay to 4 days since I work?

I don't know where you would have read this. They have never required patients to stay one week after surgery. Maybe you are confusing this with Dr. Hasson. Regardless, the requirement will vary from one to a few days but again, this is something you should ask the clinic.

What I suggest you do is to contact the clinic at the number above or send in your photos through their online consultation form. They are very good at getting back to inquiries and since your first question is about when Dr. Rahal will be back in New York City for consultations, I suggest you take the questions you are asking me, right them all down and present them to Dr. Rahal upon your meeting. If you get far enough in your online consultation efforts, which is what I recommend first, then Chad (the consultant) will be able to easily answer all of your questions.

I'm not trying to blow you off but I don't work for the clinic and I haven't since one year ago this month so even if I were to try and answer your questions my information might be inaccurate because it could have changed in the past year.
    Joe Tillman

He designs the hairline and does incisions enough to get them started. The other doctors do the rest of the incisions and place the grafts, he would give them specific instructions and come by and check while giving input. I understand this may sound bad to some but once I had it done I understand why its like this. Most of the procedure is just tedious and mind numbing. If one doctor did everything it would have taken like 20 hours. His clinic is very very professional and I really felt good about how the whole experience.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    He designs the hairline and does incisions enough to get them started. The other doctors do the rest of the incisions and place the grafts, he would give them specific instructions and come by and check while giving input. I understand this may sound bad to some but once I had it done I understand why its like this. .
    I may understand why Rahal and other HT doctors may manage their clinics in this fashion. But still, I’ve read of stories of doctors who leave the operating room after drawing on their client’s scalps only to see bad results a year later. So I want to ensure that isn’t me. I hope youe right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I'm not trying to blow you off but I don't work for the clinic and I haven't since one year ago this month so even if I were to try and answer your questions my information might be inaccurate because it could have changed in the past year.
    I completely understand, no problem. I will be sending them photos and getting feedback. I greatly appreciate your response.

I actually met with Dr. Rahal last year. He recommended no more than 50 grafts/cm2. I really don’t know what this density looks like. Do you mind posting some pics of those who’ve had this density? Do you think this density is normal, too low, etc? What was your density?

Thanks Joe. Looking forward to your response.

I may understand why Rahal and other HT doctors may manage their clinics in this fashion. But still, I’ve read of stories of doctors who leave the operating room after drawing on their client’s scalps only to see bad results a year later. So I want to ensure that isn’t me. I hope youe right about this.

I completely understand, no problem. I will be sending them photos and getting feedback. I greatly appreciate your response.

I actually met with Dr. Rahal last year. He recommended no more than 50 grafts/cm2. I really don’t know what this density looks like. Do you mind posting some pics of those who’ve had this density? Do you think this density is normal, too low, etc? What was your density?

Koolx,

No, I won't post these photos for two reasons.

1. I don't know which ones meet your criteria.

2. These are questions and requests for the clinic and I don't work for the clinic.

My density was measured at 55 per cm2 but I also had all of my work with Dr. Wong. I've had multiple hair transplants with Dr. Wong with the largest being no larger than 2488 grafts in one procedure, all via FUSS.
    Joe Tillman

I was terrified of this but he was very involved and gave a lot of direction and input to the other doctors. Dr. rahal is the man, Im coming up on 3 months and so far Im seeing some sprouts. The scar is doing very well too but I have a little shock loss beneath it