+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default i need to stock up on RU, should i buy the powder or stick with the premixed solution

also is there a diff between the KB solution versus p.glycol for the premixed

i bought mine from anagogic, should i stick with this seller, or is there a more legit seller available?

Hi Warner,

How are you getting on with RU? Having much impact?

I am only starting out. Initially I tried the 70% ethanol to 30% PG. this dried quickly and gave me an intensly itchy scalp, losing a lot of hair in the process. I then ordered KB solution which dried pretty quickly, however the itching subsided. Realised however that both solutions had left a lot of residue. I am now trying 50% ethanol to 50% PG. Still the usual itch throughout the day and loss of hair but it's only been a few days.
    What I seem to be most worried about is that I got my RU in December, however it is a March batch. Although I'm keeping it in the freezer at all times, I'm afraid that is has gone bad and it won't be a true test for me with RU. Any input regarding solution and the batch would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hi mic, i just used the 5% ru remade, so i don't know anything much about the percentage of the carriers. i find that i don't get any residue and that i can apply it on my scalp and go to work without anyone noticing. i have not had a dramatic impact from it. i started using it in sept, .5 ml to scalp, and then eventually bumped it up to 1 ml. i have never gotten any sides from it. i thought i got regrowth but my mind plays tricks on me in the mirror sometimes, so not to the extent where i could have been like damn, this shit really is working. i i wasnt feeling well back in nov and took a break from it for over a month. i believe that i lost some ground with the break, so i believe that it is at least good for maintaining what you have. a lot better than fin i believe which i have been on for a over a year now. if i had used it consistently without taking the break i could have given u a better answer for both of us.

imo, i think ppl should get on RU. We have to experiment bc theres not gonna be a cure any time soon, so we gotta think outside the box and not wait on big pharma.

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Hi Warner,

How are you getting on with RU? Having much impact?

I am only starting out. Initially I tried the 70% ethanol to 30% PG. this dried quickly and gave me an intensly itchy scalp, losing a lot of hair in the process. I then ordered KB solution which dried pretty quickly, however the itching subsided. Realised however that both solutions had left a lot of residue. I am now trying 50% ethanol to 50% PG. Still the usual itch throughout the day and loss of hair but it's only been a few days.
    What I seem to be most worried about is that I got my RU in December, however it is a March batch. Although I'm keeping it in the freezer at all times, I'm afraid that is has gone bad and it won't be a true test for me with RU. Any input regarding solution and the batch would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for that,

What issues did you have with finasteride? I have diffused heavily while on it and had acne and greasy hair. Been off it since August. Think I'm going to get back on it and give it another go. Don't seem to have much of a choice

Just curious, what is RU?

Thanks for that,

What issues did you have with finasteride? I have diffused heavily while on it and had acne and greasy hair. Been off it since August. Think I'm going to get back on it and give it another go. Don't seem to have much of a choice
    Mic, You're not going to try Dut? I am having the exact same fin experience that you and a few others described last year. 10 months AND INSANELY diffuse hair. I lost another 30% of my hair easily very quickly on fin. The usual "non responder" crap as well - oily skin, increase in erections and libido, scalp sensations and rapid hair loss. I ordered some DUT from a generic online pharmacy (never thought that this sentence would come out of my mouth) But losing my hair is a death sentence, so might as well go out swinging. Does anyone ever try all this crap at once? DUT, ru, minoxidil, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Balding Bad View Post
    Just curious, what is RU?
    RU is an experimental topical anti androgen. People have been trying it for a while on these forums. It usual involves mixing a formula together yourself with RU powder as a substrate.

Hi James,

I've heard of people having very bad experiences with DUT aswell. I'm just like you in that I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at it and hope for the best, however I've currently stopped short of DUT for now. Currently I'm on 1mg oral minoxidil (I know, controversial), RU55841 at 50% ethanol and 50% PG ( only started this mixture last couple of days). Also just restarted 0.5mg finasteride EOD as Irish Pride had a similar experience to us and managed to get back on it.

Today is the first day in a while I've noticed a slight reduction in shedding so il sit tight for the next couple of weeks then reassess. It appears to be the first time that I am not getting really itchy on RU and I'm putting this down to the fact that the high concentration of PG letting it soak in and it's not crusting on top, causing itching.

What are you currently on? Have you had any reduction or just continue to shed diffusely like myself?

Hi James,

I've heard of people having very bad experiences with DUT aswell. I'm just like you in that I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at it and hope for the best, however I've currently stopped short of DUT for now. Currently I'm on 1mg oral minoxidil (I know, controversial), RU55841 at 50% ethanol and 50% PG ( only started this mixture last couple of days). Also just restarted 0.5mg finasteride EOD as Irish Pride had a similar experience to us and managed to get back on it.

Today is the first day in a while I've noticed a slight reduction in shedding so il sit tight for the next couple of weeks then reassess. It appears to be the first time that I am not getting really itchy on RU and I'm putting this down to the fact that the high concentration of PG letting it soak in and it's not crusting on top, causing itching.

What are you currently on? Have you had any reduction or just continue to shed diffusely like myself?
    I am currently tapering off of fin and started .5mg DUT per day about 2 weeks ago. I have also started microneedling more regularly and applying 15% minox compounded with fin, hydrocortisone, progesterone and azealic acid ( probably won't do much but what the hell). It is basically my last stand. If this doesn't work, I am going to shave bald and reboot my system for 5-6 months, save up some more money and get an enormous transplant with erdogon. I have researched A LOT of HT surgeons and this is my conclusion.. Then I will get a bunch or RU or CB and go strictly topical and see if I can maintain the rest.

Like yourself, I am just frustrated, tired and exhausted from this sh*t. I also realize that these emotions get me no where. I have these horrible transplants, but the one thing I like about them is that I know if they shed, they will grow back just as thick. That's why the transplant route I think is ideal (despite being f*cked by it before)... you never have to worry about it. How is it going with RU? sides? shedding? scalp issues?

Hi James,

and yeah, finasteride just rapidly shredded my hair. diffused thinning everywhere, especially in the crown accompanied by increased libido, oily hair line and horrible scalp inflammation (which also resulted in dandruff, which I have never had in my life). f*ck finasteride!