+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am using regain foam. I am going through a shed, which is as it should be. I just have no idea whether I am supposed to have itching or not

Quote Originally Posted by mark8 View Post
    No itching.

And Mr. Balding Bad is reporting white flakes and bumps, which I also don't think? I have.

Good question for both of you, what are you using? Foam or liquid? What brand?

I'm using Rogaine liquid.

If you're usiing generic, you might do better with name brand Rogaine.

If you're using liquid, you might do better with foam (though liquid is more effective).
    I'm using generic Kirkland minoxidil liquid.

After doing some searching around online I think the white flakes are just dried up solution and the red bumps might be irritation from trying to scratch off the flakes but then again my scalp is typically more prone to breaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    Did you have itching? Cause my head is itching like crazy at the moment (4th week of Min). I am sheeding about 300 hair per day, hope it is normal
    Also, whoa 300 hairs a day?! Is that consistent like everyday? Because if so I think that's quite excessive! Are you sure it's 300? Are you actually counting each stand of hair or just estimating it?

I've only been on it for about 6 days now and I've been counting everyday, so far averaging approx. 20-30 hairs with it bring an even split of normal hair and very thin, fine hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kadze View Post
    I am using regain foam. I am going through a shed, which is as it should be. I just have no idea whether I am supposed to have itching or not
    I don't think it should be so itchy, which is why I suggested trying something else. Some people are allergic to some minox products.

Quote Originally Posted by Balding Bad View Post
    Also, whoa 300 hairs a day?! Is that consistent like everyday? Because if so I think that's quite excessive! Are you sure it's 300? Are you actually counting each stand of hair or just estimating it?

I've only been on it for about 6 days now and I've been counting everyday, so far averaging approx. 20-30 hairs with it bring an even split of normal hair and very thin, fine hairs.
    well, yesterday's morning having just got up I went to my bathroom and just ran finges through my hair for a minute or two, I counted about 50 hair in the sink. In the evening I did the same with about 20 hair. So I think my estimate is pretty much accurate.

I am freaking out, that's for sure

Hi! Minoxidil is causing an itchy scalp because is increasing pgd2 wich causes inflammation.We know that minoxidil increase pge2 wich is a good prostaglandin for hair growth but also increase pgd2 wich is a bad prostaglandin wich inhibit hair growth and is a messenger from dht.So,you will need a pgd2 blocker.That s why minoxidil for some guys causes hair thinning and shedding all over the scalp and loose effectiviness over time.A pgd2 blocker with minoxidil is the key.I know what i m talking about.I read a lot.And for me its working.You will not find for now a very good pgd2 blocker but let me tell you what i use: black cumin oil(oral and topical-inhibits pgd2..i know that an italian company will realease this product),antihistamine cream and vitamin E succinate.Also i use oral and topical castor oil and a dermaroller(once at 2 weeks)And i can say that my hairline is filling up.I used finasteride and minoxidil in the past with no result.But now its workink.What i have changed?Prostaglandin protocol.Sorry for my very bad english

Shedding to Minoxidil is a one time thing. It just pushes your resting hair into growth.

When I first started losing hair I took minox because it was so convenient to use, cheap, and seemed like there was least consequences.

I regret not looking into finasteride and FUE hair surgery sooner. In my opinion, those are the real and only options.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year