+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Replacement in Thailand!!!

I am taking a trip to thailand and I was thinking about having it done there as believe it or not they have some of the best hospitals and doctors in the world there and the prices are not a ridiculous as the us. Just wonder if anyone has done this or has any info on the idea. Here is a link to the doc I was thinking about as well. http://www.dhthairclinic.com/home.php

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dobro View Post
    I am taking a trip to thailand and I was thinking about having it done there as believe it or not they have some of the best hospitals and doctors in the world there and the prices are not a ridiculous as the us. Just wonder if anyone has done this or has any info on the idea. Here is a link to the doc I was thinking about as well. http://www.dhthairclinic.com/home.php
    Whatever you do, don't even consider going to Thailand to have hair transplant surgery! If you live in North America have your surgery here! Too many people are trying to have cosmetic surgery on the cheap and are coming back to the good old USA or Canada to have their botched surgeries repaired. Check with the the IAHRS doctors on this site before you choose, but don’t let money be a deciding factor!

Appreciate your reply but I found Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich on this site. He was trained in the US and is considered a pioneer. I have gone to thailand for my dental work as well and found the facitilites to actually be on par or better there. Cost is not the deciding factor but if I can get the same results from a world class doctor for less than why not? Have you been there and do you actually have any "real" imput into the idea other than rumors and such you have heard. no offense im just trying to do my homework.

Appreciate your reply but I found Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich on this site. He was trained in the US and is considered a pioneer. I have gone to thailand for my dental work as well and found the facitilites to actually be on par or better there. Cost is not the deciding factor but if I can get the same results from a world class doctor for less than why not? Have you been there and do you actually have any "real" imput into the idea other than rumors and such you have heard. no offense im just trying to do my homework.
    That doctor is not listed on this site or on the IAHRS site I just checked. Thailand isn’t exactly the hair transplant capital of the world. Do whatever you want to do, I’m just trying to give you some sound advice. Did you check with Spencer Kobren? Maybe I’m wrong, but I wouldn't travel to Thailand to have a life altering cosmetic surgery! Just my 2 cents

Here are just a couple of his certs and I am sure I found him here but I guess I could have stumbled onto him some other way but I don't think so.

Dr. Pathomvanich, MD, is certified and recertified by the American Board of Surgery, Diplomate American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeon. He was honored as Pioneer posted in the Hair Forum International for his work in donor harvesting to minimize follicular transection . His technique is well known as an open technique. He is also a first pioneer that brought in state-of-the-art hair restoration surgery to Thailand from the USA. He was on the original International Advisory Committee for the ISHRS , board of governor of ISHRS for the past three years and member of the ISHRS.
    Certification
    American Board of Surgery certified and recertified since 1979
    American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
    Fellow American College of Surgeon
    American Board Cosmetic Surgery by Fellowship training

I do really appreciate your input but it is obvious you have never been to Thailand and don't understand how world class there facilities are. Most Americans are the same as they tend to not stray even close to that far from home and definitely don't think to do so for medical reasons (even though they should). Hell most of them can't even find Thailand on a map! Some secrets are better left secrets. Appreciate your 2 cents for sure though. I am also going to consult with Dr. Cooley right here in NC.

I will also check with spencer thanks that was a good idea

I will also check with spencer thanks that was a good idea
    Good luck in your search!

hello i know this is an old post but any update on this? I think it won't be long until thailand catches up. thanks

Question Update?

Hey dobro. I also realize this is an old post but im wondering if you completed your trip and how it went.
    Currently traveling through asia and am wanting to stop in Thailand for my hair restoration. I made an inquiry with the doctor you mentioned but have not heard back yet. I also found another place that was recommended for micro-grafting that is not offered anywere else that i can find. http://www.thaimedicalvacation.com/n...n-transplants/
    Has anyone had any experiences with Micrografting with stem cells or PRP? I need about 3000 grafts so im not sure what would be the best approach for me.

Hey just wondering if you proceeded with Dr Pathomvaich? I live in Australia and have also done a lot of research on this guy. Any feedback? Thanks