Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aventador
    • Sep 2015

styling and grooming transplanted hair

When can anyone style and groom their transplanted hairs? ( i.e which month)
  • arfy
    • Sep 2015

It can take months for your transplanted hair to begin growing (some few guys might start growing right away) but usually a few weeks/months of dormant grafts. They don't all start growing at the same time, it can come in slowly.

Then, it normally takes a month for your hair to grow a half inch (1.25 cm).

You can do your own math, based on how long you usually keep your hair.

Comment

• hal
      • Apr 2010

Depends on how fast your transplanted hair grows in. On average, a person's hair grows about 0.5 inches a month.

My transplants grew really fast, so that at 3 months I could see results. It was at month 5 or 6 where I could start to do something with it as I recall.

By month 7 I could style at will.

I do remember having to use a flat iron for a while. I have straight hair and the transplanted hair had a slight wave in the front. The flat iron took care of that and I only had to use it for the first year. It wasn't a big deal.

I'll tell what was fun-- by month 6 or so I'd get out of the shower and towel dry the hair. It always surprised me looking in the mirror-- it was like seeing a version of myself that hadn't existed for 20 years.

It was also fun to realize as I watched the hair grow in that the process of balding had been reversed. Instead of worrying what was to come with more hair loss down the road, I had GROWTH to look forward to. I wasn't losing hair, I was gaining it.

Comment

Working...